It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a white canucks thoughts on BLM

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody

Not the topic of this thread. There are more than enough threads on this site that have been hijacked with those discussions.

Um, it is the topic of this thread. What you attribute to white racism is actually attributed to the facts contained in the statistics.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

The topic is the impact that the response to hurricane katrina had on perceived racism towards the black population of Louisiana, and how it could have provided a contributing factor to the creation of BLM.
edit on 12-7-2016 by wheresthebody because: clarity

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

yes, racism was the impact of BLM, not just Louisiana.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

The problem with the Katrina incident rests squarely on the shoulders of former Louisiana governor Blanco. Huge mistake number one was not once but twice appropriating the money the federal government granted to the state of Louisiana to repair and bolster the levee and pump systems in New Orleans and spending it elsewhere. The second huge mistake was not calling out the National Guard before the storm even hit land which is basically the usual protocol. The third huge mistake was not requesting federal assistance from FEMA or any other government agency- who cannot act until the governor gives them the nod due to issues of state sovereignity. The cause of the horrible effects of Katrina have absolutely nothing to do with racism and everything to do with a bad governor who didn't see past the end of her own nose!

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
And just for the sake of clarity, I'm not arguing for or against BLM, just about the origins.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

And just for the sake of clarity, I'm not arguing for or against BLM, just about the origins.

BLM started after the criminal Mike Brown was shot and the "hands up dont shoot " myth was promoted by our leftist media.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: nobunaga

Except for the pictures of school buses left in parking lots filled with water. Had the state government cared a damn, and used them, then the people could have been removed from harms way. To act like there was no means to transport them is infantile logic.

Quite frankly, if I were in that situation, my two feet could have carried me and my children out! But, enjoy blaming everyone else and expecting government to nanny everyone through everything.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Not Treyvon Martin?

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Not Treyvon Martin?

No, but that's another good example of a violent thug who gets treated like a victim. Do you realize that black people kill way more white people than the other way around and cops kill way more white people than black people? Black people are even 20% more likely to not be shot than whites.

Do you think there should be a white lives matter movement?

edit on 12-7-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Stop trying to derail this thread!

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Stop trying to derail this thread!

Translation: Stop challenging my deeply misguided beliefs!

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Whatever, do as you will.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

That sounds very disorganized. It's too bad, it seems like it could have been avoided.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

By the way man, looking at it from an outsiders prospective I appreciate the questions...

Living in Germany with the issues coming up from Refugees here I can appreciate how things look when you dont live in the area.

It has been very educational for me in europe to show how different things can be. (been drinking so apologies if that doesnt come across very clear)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

All lives can't matter until black lives matter. Blue lives aren't a thing. You are not blue. You can take off your uniform. Quit your job. You can't take off being black.

The statistics show that black lives dont matter to black people. Get your own house in order before you start putting the responsibility on the rest of us.

+1 here. When blacks start holding their own responsible and stop enabling their criminal element things will change.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

It is a little different here isn't it, I have a buddy who moved here from Cali, born in NJ. He is fairly well off(professional athlete) and drives a nice car.
He joked that he kept waiting/expecting to be pulled over here..happened very often in Cali. There, after being pulled over for being black in a nice car(my word's not his) he would show the paperwork for his car after being asked, to which the common reply was "who's car is this" ..gun's drawn of course more often than not.
Here he said it took well over a year, every time he passed a cop going the opposing direction he would check the rearview expecting the cop to kick a u turn and get him..it just wasn't happening..lol
He finally did get pulled over for a non functioning brake light, he thought to himself..oh no here we go, but the cop was pleasant and respectful, no gun's drawn and gave him a warning.
He is pretty happy here

Oh, to stay on topic the responce to Katrina is one of many factors..I agree
edit on 12-7-2016 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Cheers, it's only 1 in the afternoon here, but i have the day off so I think I'll digitally join you for a drink!

(post by mikegrouchy removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: mikegrouchy

Don't forget what happened on Danziger Bridge.
Don't forget what happened to Henry Glover...and who knows how many others.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Not Treyvon Martin?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join