It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If This Picture Paints A Thousand Words

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
If this picture paints a thousand words, what does it say? A young African-American woman, steadfast and upright in her belief, echoing a scene from the sixties during the Vietnam War protests, stands defiant and proud on the strength of her conviction. In contrast, two American cops, militarised and dressed for war like futuristic robots, devoid of any presentation of humanity, showing every loss of connection to their fellow Americans, just doing their job, and what a shameful job it has become.

Black Lives Matter (BLM) has become the focal point for the protest of black Americans being shot and killed by police for the slightest of slights. For good or bad, BLM have now become responsible for that protest. What BLM now need to do, is to extend their cry to 'All Lives Matter', and Americans of all ethnicities need to stand shoulder to shoulder with their fellow black Americans on this issue, because it is true...all lives do matter!

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: elysiumfire
What BLM now need to do, is to extend their cry to 'All Lives Matter',

Good Luck with that.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Scream #all lives matter loud as you can while eating steak
edit on 11-7-2016 by ssenerawa because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-7-2016 by ssenerawa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   
The right to peacefully assemble and demonstrate or protest is even more important.

That pic demonstrates where thats going, beautifully.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Unfortunately George Soros and other sinister forces are at work here straight out of the Ukraine script,yes she has true conviction and the concerns are real but her cause has been hijacked by the Devil himself.Next step is open insurrection.

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   
More important question no one's asked yet -- what's the context of this picture?

Seriously. Without context, the picture is useless. They could all be vying for her undying love for all I know without proper explanation of what went on to render this group together like this.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
More important question no one's asked yet -- what's the context of this picture?

Seriously. Without context, the picture is useless. They could all be vying for her undying love for all I know without proper explanation of what went on to render this group together like this.

The next 'context' was they tackled her to the ground and removed her from the demonstration, because she was alone.

I'll also give you the riot training manual 'context'. Don't let anyone approach and establish a new line of resistance closer than 'x' number of feet.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

I refuse to stand shoulder to shoulder with a brain dead BLM protester.

On a sidenote, it looks like those cops are trying to breakdance.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   
It looks to me like "The Force" is with that young lady, and she's repelling those guys backward the way YODA did in Star Wars. That photo is priceless!

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Only racist say all lives matter. Anyone who disagrees with the tolerant left only does it because they are what ever form of 'ism' or ''ist' the left is pouring. Think I am wrong, go find some BLM people on Twitter and tell them that you think all lives matter, see what Happens. I would tell you to go up to BLM in real life and tell them, but If you aren't dressed liked the cops, with all of that protection. Well I hope your life insurance premiums are current,

Go make a sign that all lives matter, and then go to a BLM protest. Give us a link before you go. So ATS members can make some pop corn and watch.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   

If unification were their objective ,that would be true.
I'm afraid others are playing with their strings.
THe political systems hit the Tea Party like that as well, the ORIGINAL idea was grass roots America.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Yeah that happens. ridiculous at best, retarded at worst.

keep thinking that way though... it keeps the status quo..

:/

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   
This photo looks staged but I don't see how the police officers would ever agree to such a thing.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

And that your thought of "If unification were their objective" - maybe there is another objective at work to make you think exactly this?

Like, in reality BLM is really about unification and there would be sinister forces and MSM at work to make you think otherwise?

I don't know, I don't trust stock-phrases from any source.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Actually it's trending on Facebook that the media is starting to compare this to tank man in China. Give me a break already. How assinine can the media get?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

It definitely looks staged, I belive staged by [Jonathan Bachman] the camera man who has been working for ruters for the last few days.
The police did what everyone knows they will do if someone steps upto them in the road.
You cant see any other prorestors there, the police dont care that she looks elegant and unthreatening.
If your not allowed to stand where she was standing the police will move you. I dont belive the police needed to be in on it. The person who set this up already knew the police would be in on it as they are doing exactly what they should be doing.
If it was anyone else the police would do the same thing.

According to the BBC the photo is been hailed as legendary.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   

To me that picture looks about where the average person stands when peacefully protesting to the government.....up # creek without a paddle....

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

To me that picture looks about where the average person stands when peacefully protesting to the government.....up # creek without a paddle....

Definitely, it shows the aggressive nature of the police and the disproportionate response that the police routinely used in almost every situation.

JAK

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: kamatty
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

It definitely looks staged, I belive staged by [Jonathan Bachman] the camera man who has been working for ruters for the last few days.
The police did what everyone knows they will do if someone steps upto them in the road.
You cant see any other prorestors there, the police dont care that she looks elegant and unthreatening.
If your not allowed to stand where she was standing the police will move you. I dont belive the police needed to be in on it. The person who set this up already knew the police would be in on it as they are doing exactly what they should be doing.
If it was anyone else the police would do the same thing.

According to the BBC the photo is been hailed as legendary.

A link to that BBC article: Black Lives Matter: The Baton Rouge photo hailed as 'legendary'

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   

In contrast, two American cops, militarised and dressed for war like futuristic robots,

That statement right there is what is wrong. Those police officers are wearing that equipment for PROTECTION. You know , from like bullets and bottles and other things that may cause them to have a "bad day" . And it only comes in one color. What color should they be ? Pink or powder blue ? It is not for intimidation. No matter what your neighbor tells you. Or what you read on various "questionable" websites.

edit on 7/11/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join