It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If This Picture Paints A Thousand Words

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I think the main problem that most people have with BLM is that they choose to use thugs, thieves and dope dealers as their martyrs and to rally around.

Then they go rioting, looting and burning in their own neighborhoods.

It makes it hard to take them seriously.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   
It really does either look like she is using the force or they are beckoning her to dance.
It really is a shame if the next scene is a tackle of that woman after this photo.

Our cops really do look ridiculous in their riot gear at times. Talk about overkill. Looks like they are ready to take on Kiev with bath salts and then some.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

Looks like they are ready to take on Kiev with bath salts and then some.

They are not though are they.....they are there for you and your countrymen.....that should raise the hairs on the back of your neck....

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Ive gotta say people seem to still be hung up on the Ferguson thing though. I have not witnessed much actual rioting, burning, or looting in the more recent demonstrations but hey.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Eh. It is certainly unsettling to see. But I am not anywhere near inconvenienced enough to go out in the streets confronting the stormtroopers yet. Maybe after Hillary is elected.

I stand by what i have said here but I also believe a great deal of the people at these protests are not there because they believe in anything they simply want to # with the police and show off to friends whilst doing so. I guess i am also 'white.' It is painful to see fellow countrymen who actually care attempting to stand up and crushed like this though. You got me there.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Authorities say during the course of the protests on 94 and later, on Grand and Dale, 21 officers from multiple agencies suffered injuries. The injuries were primarily caused by fireworks, rocks, bricks, glass bottles and chunks of concrete that were directed at officers, some hitting them in the head. St. Paul Police said someone threw a Molotov cocktail at officers, as well.

102 arrested 21 officers injured in 94 shutdown

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   

But I am not anywhere near inconvenienced enough to go out in the streets confronting the stormtroopers yet.

This is exactly how they continue the divide...people do not stand together because each of us have differing experience ....

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

originally posted by: elysiumfire
What BLM now need to do, is to extend their cry to 'All Lives Matter',

Good Luck with that.

That's not what they need to do NOW, that's what they should have done since inception.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

I dont follow BLM nor any "race" related events as they dont affect my life in the least.

But the girl in the photo looks peaceful enough.

Reminds me of the OWS protests.

Police were just randomly attacking and arresting people.

One of the more notorious incidents was when they randomly surrounded a girl and doused her with pepper spray until she was shrieking in agony.

edit on 11-7-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Well now, this discussion certainly brought out some passion. Here, I'll add in my two cents.

Who cares? Cops get her off the line and she gets street cred for being in that pic. Neeto.

Next

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
i am amazed by this thread - this is the "same " ATS that screams " MSM propoganda " at almost everything - yet here you are slurping pretty obvious propaganda - ATS your mask has slipped

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
It's one of those amazing photographs that captures a defining moment in history.

She's a hero, standing there alone, steadfast, for what she believes in.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
i am amazed by this thread - this is the "same " ATS that screams " MSM propoganda " at almost everything - yet here you are slurping pretty obvious propaganda - ATS your mask has slipped

Propaganda? You think this was set up?

This is real.

This happened.

She did this and someone captured it.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
More important question no one's asked yet -- what's the context of this picture?

Seriously. Without context, the picture is useless. They could all be vying for her undying love for all I know without proper explanation of what went on to render this group together like this.

The context is out there if you care to look. Which you clearly did not.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

please learn what propaganda actually is - and try a re-write of your post

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

go on - explain the context [ gets popcorn ]

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

go on - explain the context [ gets popcorn ]

You have a phone or computer. Go find it. Since you appear to be lacking some basic skills, here's a cclue. Start with Reuters.
edit on 7/11/2016 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

please learn what propaganda actually is - and try a re-write of your post

I wrote in telegraphic style. Your issue.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

i have both basic and advanced skills - but i asked you to explain the context for entertainment value

PS - you still havent figured out what propaganda is have you ?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Help a girl out please. I googled "black lady in dress stands up to police" and got back some cosplay crap. lol!
edit on 11-7-2016 by JetBlackStare because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join