It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If This Picture Paints A Thousand Words

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

THe police were there to move everyone off the road, this was during one of their many 'road block' protests. She wouldn't move, police went to move her. That's all. Everyone else was smart enough to get off of the road, she felt she didn't have to. It's the same 'entitled' attitude that gets people shot by police. It's easy, listen, do what they ask, and you'll be fine. If at any time there is a cop(or TWO) on top of you, you did something wrong.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

And yet only the photograph differentiates her from everyone else who's also faced off with police. Only the fact that the photograph was captured so well. The quote pretty much acknowledges this.. That's why I find the reaction and praise a bit disproportionate.

I do think she did something that took a lot bravery.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

originally posted by: elysiumfire
What BLM now need to do, is to extend their cry to 'All Lives Matter',

Good Luck with that.

Lol yup, good luck....The truth is, the movement itself thinks only blacks get abused/killed by cops (thats what they sell) when there are plenty of stats proving otherwise. I've always been against police brutality, but BLM has become so brutal themselves that noone but thugs and liberal white guilty millenials take them serious even after calls to kill whites and cops etc. Youd think people would get a clue by now.

I once started a similar thread and was pretty much shrugged off because you know.. its just a black thing. Thats exactly what the elites wanted and they got it.

Welcome to the next phase...
edit on 11-7-2016 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Talorc
a reply to: ~Lucidity

And yet only the photograph differentiates her from everyone else who's also faced off with police. Only the fact that the photograph was captured so well. The quote pretty much acknowledges this.. That's why I find the reaction and praise a bit disproportionate.

I do think she did something that took a lot bravery.

Not every moment is captured by a photograph this defining, of this magnitude.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
What's going on in that picture? Did she knock them back with the Force or something?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: kamatty
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

It definitely looks staged, I belive staged by [Jonathan Bachman] the camera man who has been working for ruters for the last few days.
The police did what everyone knows they will do if someone steps upto them in the road.
You cant see any other prorestors there, the police dont care that she looks elegant and unthreatening.
If your not allowed to stand where she was standing the police will move you. I dont belive the police needed to be in on it. The person who set this up already knew the police would be in on it as they are doing exactly what they should be doing.
If it was anyone else the police would do the same thing.

According to the BBC the photo is been hailed as legendary.

Staged are you kidding? If it was staged then everybody in that photo would have to be "in" on the staging. That's an awful lot of cops and public.

Could it be that you need it to be staged in order to resolve the conflict in your own mind.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

....."two American cops, militarised and dressed for war like futuristic robots, devoid of any presentation of humanity, showing every loss of connection to their fellow Americans, just doing their job, and what a shameful job it has become. "

Pure Fantasy , and Lame Propaganda . The Liberal Agenda Exposed .

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Charles Manson must be positively giddy.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
This picture just adds to the rhetoric that all cops are evil, encouraging violence against police officers.

Not all law enforcement officers are bad. Of course some are, but not all.

This anti-cop hate needs to end now.

The so called good cops do not arrest or even throw the bad ones out of the force.

Time after time, the Cops walk free.

If their are mostly good cops, one would imagine they could clean house, but they don't!

They just see nothing, hear nothing and say nothing.

P

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: jeramie
What's going on in that picture? Did she knock them back with the Force or something?

An opportune still shot of the woman being hastily approached by the officers;

The moment occurred on Saturday, July 9th, 2016, after the Baton Rouge Police Department in Louisiana ordered protesters to clear the public roadway or risk being arrested. The woman in the frame, identified as a 28-year-old nurse named Ieshia Evans, decided to take a stand by stepping in the street and getting arrested.

Source

As others were commenting, this wasn't staged. She was arrested for this and was released the next day.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

She was breaking the law. People were illegally blocking the street, and I guess because she was dressed nice she thought that somehow she was above the law. That was my take on it.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   

BLM is a hate group, as much as Nation of Islam is a hate group, they are not for peace and understanding, they are getting themselves linked with Islamic groups, and Palestinians, now the "good decisions" would be complete.
Police is brutal regardless of the tone of the skin, and they do that also because some people is mean or crazy, basically they are plain dangerous. Blacks have been committing way more crime than any other ethnicity, and cops have been killing in proportion a lot of whites too, so I think that is a bad cause all around.

(post by flamengo removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: kamatty

They're trying to create a fake narrative here.. Legendary? No, fake. Just as fake as all these other Soros initiatives are.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Saw what you will about the self-generated narrative on this....it's still a moment in our Collective National History.

You naysayers and your Whitewashing (no pun intended).
*sheesh*

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: gspat

Catch spears with her hands??

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
More important question no one's asked yet -- what's the context of this picture?

Seriously. Without context, the picture is useless. They could all be vying for her undying love for all I know without proper explanation of what went on to render this group together like this.

white cops shot black guys, black guys protested.
you think its speed dating or something?

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: dreamingawake

She was breaking the law. People were illegally blocking the street, and I guess because she was dressed nice she thought that somehow she was above the law. That was my take on it.

That's just it, she knew the consequences when breaking the law and she served her time without hesitation.

Though, I am in the minority here, what she did was courageous towards what she sees as a cause that needs to be addressed. Dressing nicely didn't have anything to do with trying to get out of arrest.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

This thread is so depressing

Beautiful photo

Doesn't really require any over explaining - or even explaining

People scramble to undo the obvious and rearrange to suit their needs

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join