It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An honest conversation about race.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I found this to be an absolutely fascinating video. We live in a day and age of white guilt and shame. We live in an era of "white privledge." Race has become a taboo of our time. Are all races inherently the same? Is there systemic racism in the police force here in the United States? Communication is the solvent of all things. Where true communication is, truth can be uncovered; where there isn't communication and there is only censorship, truth cannot be uncovered. Watch this whole video and let the dialogue begin. m.youtube.com...
edit on 10-7-2016 by Aristotelian1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Aristotelian1

I don't have a spare hour and 18 to watch it, could you summarize what was decided upon?

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

You are suggesting that, at least, centuries of racial interaction can be summed up by a video on You tube?
Your very first statement is a statement of opinion, of interpretation. The idea that we live in a day of white quilt and shame is one perspective. It seems to be the perspective of some people who do not think that they themselves have, white guilt and shame. I for one am glad they do not have white guilt and shame. Because neither do I and many others who are claimed by those who don't have white guilt and shame to have, white guilt and shame.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
AN AGE?
I'm not ashamed OR priviledged,I WAS experimented on ...DOES THAT count?
The idea is as alien to me as placing values on skin shade at all.
I'm NOT white REALLY I'm more BEIGE.
Are albino's getting militant?
edit on 10-7-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aristotelian1
I found this to be an absolutely fascinating video. We live in a day and age of white guilt and shame. We live in an era of "white privledge." Race has become a taboo of our time. Are all races inherently the same? Is there systemic racism in the police force here in the United States? Communication is the solvent of all things. Where true communication is, truth can be uncovered; where there isn't communication and there is only censorship, truth cannot be uncovered. Watch this whole video and let the dialogue begin. m.youtube.com...
Some people are racist some aren't nothing systematic about it. Yes races are genetically different
edit on 10-7-2016 by ssenerawa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ssenerawa

As the collective of the majority of Americans will agree TO BE RACIST is fine TO ACT on it ,speak of it and harm others wether PHYSICALLY or by threats to coerce them into fear for it's OWN purpose...
I am deadset to stop that.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Jesus loves the little children,all the children of the world.
Red and yellow,black and white,they are precious in His sight.
Jesus loves the little children of the world.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I'm human, this isn't a race...

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

The problem with the race and sexuality movement is, that some people have confused equality with vengence,anger,hate, and deflection from their own shortcomings.

A lot of steps in the right direction has been made by society, the ball is on the so called victims hands now. Until they let go of that anger and hate we won't be able to progress towards equality and respect for one another.

the media being one sided and fueling the fire also doesn't help. There is blame on all sides.

it's saddening where we are heading after the progress we have made.
edit on 47731America/ChicagoMon, 11 Jul 2016 00:47:45 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

but what kinda human? it is a race.. Just like there's different speci of monkeys or cats etc..

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ssenerawa

but what kinda human? it is a race.. Just like there's different specs of monkeys or cats etc..

Those are called mammals, but rightly not the gorilla race or the cat race...

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Indeed, 'tis so. A shame too many forget that who should know better, worse do know better and don't care.

What you are seeing is a society suffering an almost inevitable back lash against change. Society is not about change, it's about status quo, unchanging.

In the past few decades there has been remarkable progress made in terms of equality. It is almost automatic that there is going to be a lashback.

No one group is to blame. Certainly no one person, or even television network... Society as a whole hates change. It does't do will with it. ...and that takes a form in not speaking when you should, speaking when silence would be better. Not stepping between, and on and on.

There's an old saying that goes like this: Two steps forward, one step back. Well, we're in the process of that one step apparently. The trick will be to make sure we don't bollux it up, and fall down the stairs.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ssenerawa

but what kinda human? it is a race.. Just like there's different specs of monkeys or cats etc..

Those are called mammals, but rightly not the gorilla race or the cat race...

But that's obviously not the point. The gorilla race? You mean different races of gorilla? No one cares about all the technicalities it all means the same thing which is classification whether I say specie or race or whatever else..

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I think it's important to note that just like sex, yes, there is a genetic difference between races.

Just like sex, there are mentality differences in race... weather this difference in personality is genetic, or stems from societies nuturing (or lack there of) is not important, though I believe it to be the former of the two.

I'll try to explain without sounding racist...

A black person acts "black"... to society this means he is not too shy, maybe a little loud and inconsiderate, more likly to be aggressive or resist an authority figure, more likly to cause trouble than the "black person who acts white". One is a thug the other is submissive and cooperative.

Same with a white person though. A white guy who acts "black"... thug, loud, inconsiderate, hates authority figures. As apposed to the whitey who acts white.. less likly to get into trouble.

My point? IT'S THE LABLE that is the issue. It's embedded in our societies head that one race acts a certain way, so much so that when they dont, IT SURPRISES US.

We have to make up terms to describe this.. "acting black" "acting white". A person who is not racially biased should be asking "HOW DOES SOMEONE ACT LIKE A COLOR?"

But no.. the inequities are so embedded that when you use the term "acting black" people know what qualities you are talking about!

You have black people wondering why the # cops kill and brutalize more blacks than whites... it's because they are precieved to be MORE of a THREAT than the whites. Due to their crime involvement, due to their natural resistance to authority in the first place, even before they've done anything wrong.

I will put it bluntly:

THE MAJORITY OF BLACKS HAVE MADE A BAD NAME FOR THEMSELVES AND AREN'T DOING MUCH TO REVERSE OR DISPROVE THE STEREOTYPES.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
President Obama was elected to his office TWICE by people from all races. Why are race-related emotions running so high NOW? You'd think that while Barack Obama was running for office would have been the PEAK of these emotionally charged discussions... Not 8 years after the first Black President started leading this country.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

We thought after Obama we would see some bonding between race, and we did see this thinning of racism for a bit. It wasn't until Trevon Martian that this blew up to proportions such as this. The issue is the following:

People turned killings into a racial issue, it shouldn't have ever went there. First mistake was playing the race card.

Second mistake was the media, covering this issue and playing up the race card even more.

Third mistake was the police not addressing the issues properly AT ALL.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Here is the embed.

edit on 7 11 2016 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   
To the OP...

You looking at this from a US perspective. I say this because different coloured racism is prevalent in South Africa, China and the Arab world, to name but three areas.

Race in the UK for instance is not a big issue. There are no great hang-ups.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Good lord ATS mods seem to be fine with ignorant members going on completely false racial little tirades lately. Caps and everything.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I would go even further and say it is completely different in different areas of the United States. I am not talking like the ghetto inner cities vs nicer neighborhoods.

I mean literally East coast, West Coast, the South, the Midwest etc. of the US all have different race relations honestly..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join