It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An honest conversation about race.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   
You ARE ALL* SOULS first... Perhaps that is reason to keep race implanted in the minds to keep many from remembering about what many truly are.

Some interesting data about the IS-BE concept given from supposed Roswell crash being. Is-be = soul captured memory wiped and mind controlled to keep trapped here.
edit on 7/11/16 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

The colloquial use of the word race is as valid as it has ever been, and behind this there's a genetic reality that manifests in different characteristics in different races.

Your argument is essentially an argument of semantics and somewhat arbitrary classifications. This is not a valid argument for denying race as we use it in the colloquial sense.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=20973051]ssenerawa[/post

Some people are racist some aren't nothing systematic about it. Yes races are genetically different

Define "race."

There is no biological typological definition in biology for race, it is a cultural invention. Check out some DNA studies. I am sure that in 100 years all of you folks posting about "race" will be viewed as quaint idiots from long ago...in a class with historical figures who worshipped the sun or believe that you could determine personality or intelligence by the bumps on your head.

Selah.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I don't know about race, but I can tell you some behaviors that aren't not going to help you in life:

1.) Cultivating a disdain for education and literacy.

2.) Getting pregnant too young and out of wedlock and then having many kids all by different fathers, none of whom stick around to father. Conversely siring too many kids on too many different women and girls and leaving the baby mommas to raise them alone.

3.) Having live-in boyfriends with your children who do not share any genetics with them.

4.) Blaming anything and everything else for your lack of success in life rather than owning your poor life choices as at least part of the reason why you are mired in a bad situation.

None of these things are going to help you no matter who or what your ethnicity is. Start adding more of them up and you have a recipe for disaster and then consider that at least two of these involve inflicting that disaster on your children who will likely grow up to be no better off than you and with all your attitudes.

And the kicker is that no one from outside this morass can do a thing to force anyone inside it to fix it. All we can do is the same thing we do with drug addicts, keep telling them they have a problem and offer to help when they want it. And by help, I mean offer to help them learn new ways, not keep throwing "stuff" at them to assuage their natures.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ssenerawa

But that's obviously not the point. The gorilla race? You mean different races of gorilla? No one cares about all the technicalities it all means the same thing which is classification whether I say specie or race or whatever else..

My point to you was Animals aren't classified by race, only humans do stupid stuff like that about each other.

Usually humans in control pulling the strings, fomenting race hatred to divide us and use that enmity to further their political or military agendas.

"Gorilla" race? You said "monkeys" and "cats" earlier and I clarified these are classified as mammals, not "races". Neither are black, white or brown, and African, American or Chinese "races" except in the minds of bigoted folk.
We are all one humanity.

Now go back to dividing people up.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: olbe66
a reply to: [post=20973051]ssenerawa[/post

Some people are racist some aren't nothing systematic about it. Yes races are genetically different

Define "race."

There is no biological typological definition in biology for race, it is a cultural invention. Check out some DNA studies. I am sure that in 100 years all of you folks posting about "race" will be viewed as quaint idiots from long ago...in a class with historical figures who worshipped the sun or believe that you could determine personality or intelligence by the bumps on your head.

Selah.

Thank you, I was just trying to explain that ^.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

Your argument is essentially an argument of semantics and somewhat arbitrary classifications. This is not a valid argument for denying race as we use it in the colloquial sense.

People are purposefully divided along many lines.

Religious, wealth, education, status, and yes "race".

Conditioning begins early in life, in "school".

What "class" are you in, what "grades" did you get, are you head of your class, an underclassman, did you pass class or fail, are you a freshman or senior? And thats just "education".

Divide and rule.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Aristotelian1
Have listened to Stefan Molyneux before on race and have heard Taylor speak before.

So called 'Marxists' may mistake how people should be treated for how people are at times. (All the same)

Taylor mistakes traits people *might* have for a reason for white people to hang out with and prefer other white people.

If I was forced to choose I'd be the first one.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabethJesus loves the little children, he said turn the other cheek. That's how tyrants win and will always win.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Give a hand where I can...

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I don't know about race, but I can tell you some behaviors that aren't not going to help you in life:

1.) Cultivating a disdain for education and literacy.

2.) Getting pregnant too young and out of wedlock and then having many kids all by different fathers, none of whom stick around to father. Conversely siring too many kids on too many different women and girls and leaving the baby mommas to raise them alone.

3.) Having live-in boyfriends with your children who do not share any genetics with them.

4.) Blaming anything and everything else for your lack of success in life rather than owning your poor life choices as at least part of the reason why you are mired in a bad situation.

None of these things are going to help you no matter who or what your ethnicity is. Start adding more of them up and you have a recipe for disaster and then consider that at least two of these involve inflicting that disaster on your children who will likely grow up to be no better off than you and with all your attitudes.

And the kicker is that no one from outside this morass can do a thing to force anyone inside it to fix it. All we can do is the same thing we do with drug addicts, keep telling them they have a problem and offer to help when they want it. And by help, I mean offer to help them learn new ways, not keep throwing "stuff" at them to assuage their natures.

You do realize these behaviors aren't exclusive to black people, correct? I hope you're not that dense.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

What "class" are you in, what "grades" did you get, are you head of your class, an underclassman, did you pass class or fail, are you a freshman or senior? And thats just "education".

Exhibit 1:

Disdain for education.

But you're right. Freakin' subversive x6 multiplication times tables. I always knew they were just tools of the Man to keep me down in life. Evil they were.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: supremecommander

None of these things are going to help you no matter who or what your ethnicity is.

I quoted the line most relevant to your comment.

Please take the time to read before you make assumptions.

It may or may not interest you to know that I have some "trailer trash" distantly related to me by marriage, and they exhibit many of these traits from the few opportunities I have had to directly observe them and the stories that have filtered through the family grapevine. Thankfully, they are not my direct problem to interact with regularly.

The hallmarks of fail culture are the same across all ethnicities.
edit on 11-7-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
It's as simple as this.

Each race is different in culture, how the look and interact.

Each race his it's own strengths and weaknesses.

No that does not make one better than the other.

No we cannot have honest conversations about this right now in the west without bein called racist.

edit on 7/11/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
hmm...ask any white person if they had a choice to be born black or white, would they pick black?.....

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Besides the obvious race baiting your doing I think for perspective the real question is would you rather be born rich or poor?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Exhibit 1:

Disdain for education.

But you're right. Freakin' subversive x6 multiplication times tables. I always knew they were just tools of the Man to keep me down in life. Evil they were.

Actually learning is okay. Its the labels they placed upon us to differentiate between ourselves that was 'evil'.

The higher the grade the better than, the lesser the 'grade' the more you didn't 'measure up'.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Not 8 years after the first Black President started leading this country.

America hasn't had a black president, yet.

First Black President was supposed to be Bill Clinton. But, he was really a White guy who hung out with black fellas.

Second Black President was supposed to be Barak Obama. But, he is really a 1/2 White + 1/2 Black guy with both black and white friends, and no American Black experience. Obama spent the critical personality forming youth and teenage time outside America, where the dream of being president didn't seem beyond reach, because he wasn't constantly being bombarded with the negative psychological treatment all black young men in American have to go through as their right of passage to become a black adult in the US of A.

For there to be a black president, the person has to be Black, not just look black, and to bring with him the true Black American experience, of growing up black inside America, seeing and feeling the reality of what it means to be a black man in the states.

Obama has an "intellectual" understanding of what black in America means, but not an "experiential" understanding.

We are still waiting for the first true black president, to enter the Oval Office.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Yes, of course we can be divided by it. This does not mean that we must deny the reality of race.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod

Yes, of course we can be divided by it. This does not mean that we must deny the reality of race.

Its called ethnicity. Ethnic background. We are all human, those that see skin deep are shallow.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join