It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The War on Weed Part II: Monsanto, Bayer, and the Push for Corporate Cannabis

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

California’s “Adult Use of Marijuana Act” (AUMA) is a voter initiative characterized as legalizing marijuana use. But critics warn that it will actually make access more difficult and expensive, squeeze home growers and small farmers out of the market, heighten criminal sanctions for violations, and open the door to patented, genetically modified (GMO) versions that must be purchased year after year.

As detailed in Part I of this article, the health benefits of cannabis are now well established. It is a cheap, natural alternative effective for a broad range of conditions, and the non-psychoactive form known as hemp has thousands of industrial uses. At one time, cannabis was one of the world’s most important crops. There have been no recorded deaths from cannabis overdose in the US, compared to about 30,000 deaths annually from alcohol abuse (not counting auto accidents), and 100,000 deaths annually from prescription drugs taken as directed. Yet cannabis remains a Schedule I controlled substance (“a deadly dangerous drug with no medical use and high potential for abuse”), illegal to be sold or grown in the US.

Powerful corporate interests no doubt had a hand in keeping cannabis off the market. The question now is why they have suddenly gotten on the bandwagon for its legalization. According to an April 2014 article in The Washington Times, the big money behind the recent push for legalization has come, not from a grassroots movement, but from a few very wealthy individuals with links to Big Ag and Big Pharma.

Leading the charge is George Soros, a major shareholder in Monsanto, the world’s largest seed company and producer of genetically modified seeds. Monsanto is the biotech giant that brought you Agent Orange, DDT, PCBs, dioxin-based pesticides, aspartame, rBGH (genetically engineered bovine growth hormone), RoundUp (glyphosate) herbicides, and RoundUp Ready crops (seeds genetically engineered to withstand glyphosate).

ellenbrown.com...

It's bad enough that these greedy corporation have poison most of our food with these deadly chemicals, now they want to poison our cannabis to?

My advice is, if you love pot buy it from someone who does not use Monsanto seeds. I believe Monsanto is part of the NWO in helping lowering the population with their cancer poisons.

So ATS what is your take on this new information about Monsanto wanting to get in to the cannabis Markets and poisoning all of us.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Home growers will keep on growing.

Not that I condone that kind of thing.

It feels like 1984 is here already, even though it's 2016.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
whether it is legal or not , home growers will keep on growing just as they have for years. They will clone their plant, and use that, no need for seeds.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Its is going to cause cancer I can tell. They'll make Cannabis cause cancer and tell you to stop growing them. Then we have to eat their cancer causing food. After that we have to accept the chip to stay alive. They will tell us to clean up the world while we suffer under their slavery.
edit on 8-7-2016 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

When "The Princely Purveyors of Poisons- The Monsanto™ Cabal" get "in", would be the time to get "out"...

Monsanto™ purposely poisons the populace and then their kissing cousin (French type..) BigPHarma™ comes to peddle a cure, keeping You alive long enough to suck up Your Life savings.. "Affordable Healthcare" be damned.. The Drs. who are in bed w/the dealers of death then prescribe "experimental drugs" but instead of $100k You "only" have to pay $97k, but that drug will make You "sleepy" so You'll also need Drug F. Drug F keeps You awake but it makes Your right ball ache and the left throb; Enter Drug L. Now I can't sleep at all so here comes Ambien™. Now because You take Ambien™ and that is a "Known side-effect" piss up a rope, how much do You have left/remaining? Could You also sign Your "Release of Mortgage/Claim" on Your house? Our realtor was thinking of showing it this week.. Leave the keys to the R.V. and hopefully You'll get a chance to fill the propane tanks before You vacate...

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I saw this coming a long time ago. I figured GMO cannabis was inevitable with monsanto.

I guess it'll be just like food where you have to put in an effort to find organic healthy products.
edit on 8-7-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Disclaimer: The following is all purely hypothetical. I've never indulged in any illegal activity, especially with a 'hardcore drug' like weed. ;-)

15-20 yrs ago when I was in high school, every bag of Cannabis had at least a few seeds... most of the time it was a lot more than a few. At that time it was a huge annoyance, spent lots of time separating the seeds from the green, and then tossed the seeds right out the window or in the trash. These days, the grass is so carefully bred, I haven't seen a viable seed for years. And I fear that if companies like Monsatan™ are allowed to corner the Cannabis/hemp market, pure, natural, unmodified seeds will become a thing of the past, a myth of the good old days.

Hypothetically, If a person had the means, it could be advantageous to many people to isolate a few good strains and allow a bit of fertilization to occur. Get some seeds back in the world!
edit on 782016 by M4nWithNoN4me because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Well they want a piece of the profits and man made alternative is cheaper and with big pharma having the FDA in their pockets it can be forced into people that need cannabis for medical treatments, so they will be able to have it approve, force into people by prescription and they will reap the profits while getting organic growers out business, occurs poisoning the people is legal as long as is big pharma.

That is what big for profits entities does in this nation, is their way or the bankruptcy highway.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I cant believe we have allowed these big corporation like Monsanto to even exists.

What amazes me is, the fact that Monsanto is only known for its poisons and their unfairness against the population.

The fact is Monsanto is to big to control, so rich that they can afford to by Congress, and have Congress pass laws for Monsanto to never be held accountable and block all their labeling to what poisons they have put in our food and now Cannabis.

I call this a MONSTER Corporation who believe they are Gods, above all laws of our land, and no accountability.

What the hell is wrong with us?

Why do we Americans support this crap? You all know many counties have Banned Monsanto out of their countries, yet here in America they are here to stay.

Is it due to the fact that our entire Congress is that corrupt? That alone should have all Americans outrage that our government doesn't work for We The People any longer.

Ask this question, does Congress eat food from Monsanto? Uh, no.
edit on 8-7-2016 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Home growers will keep on growing.

Not that I condone that kind of thing.

It feels like 1984 is here already, even though it's 2016.

Yeah but they'll need to stay on top of seed stock.
As time goes on there will be less real marijuana seeds out there as most have been corrupted by gmo.

Scary world we live in.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
As unfortunate as it is the coming national marijuana reform looks very bleak because of crap like this...i hope they just let all the states keep doing it on their own time.

Itll be ruined once it goes national. Save for the home growers. That will be the only hope for those that appreciate mj. Befriend a home grower and only go to them because you wont want to touch the stuff from the shop in a decade or two.

Thank goodness cloning is possible. They wont ever be able to stop it completely.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I also believe with big corporations controlling and destroying organic cannabis, it will open a big black Market for people who understand what Monsanto is doing to the cannabis.

You can order seeds from Denmark that are still organic Heirlooms. It is my understanding that it is legal to buy cannabis seeds in the United States. So I would really start stocking up on some of the best seeds. Once Monsanto takes control of the legal Markets, there will be a high demand for the Natural seeds.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   
They poison the food and the water but not the weed. Oh the humanity LOL. Don't poison the weed they might get off their ass and doing something about that. Get a bunch of stoners to motivate now that would be a sight to see.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   
The current medical/legal market producers are balls deep in money and infrastructure and experience- which is the difference in yeld and potency.

If Monsanto wants to play in this sand pit they may edge out Mexican dirt but with legalization driving market prices to record lows I doubt Monsanto will step too hard on established farmers.

It's not like corn where there was commercial places to buy seeds. These farmers operate in tight knit secret communities and have no need or want to contaminate thier crops.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Lots of if buts and maybes in that article, and when they start quoting natural news, the alarm bells goes off.

Everyone acts as though Monsanto is above the law, and evil, but apparently they needed to lobby Uruguay to make cannabis legal so they can experiment on it there.

Um no, if they're as evil as you want them to be, they'll just do it wherever they want.
edit on 9/7/16 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:41 AM
link   

By the way, what food is poisoned?

Who has died from eating GMO food?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Genetically Modified Foods (GMO) Linked to Tumors, Allergies and Early Death

According to reports, individuals who consumed GMO’s also experienced the following side effects:

Increase in allergies
Increase in antibiotic resistance
Problems with endocrine system
Disorders of the reproductive system
Increase in aging symptoms
Cancerous Tumor growth

A 10-year study in Norway has found GMO’s may cause obesity, digestive problems, and damage to major organs including liver, kidneys, pancreas and genitals.

draxe.com...

Rats Eating GMO Corn Get Tumors, Die Early

www.care2.com...

The fact is, it is hard to proof how many people have died around the world from eating GMO food, because Monsanto has bought laws to block all their labeling.

If you believe it's so safe, eat it.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Everyone acts as though Monsanto is above the law,

Uh, in the United States they are.

Fact is, money buys protection. Have you not read lately that Monsanto had laws past so they cannot be held accountable for their poisons.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958

Uh, in the United States they are.

Fact is, money buys protection. Have you not read lately that Monsanto had laws past so they cannot be held accountable for their poisons.

They're above the law in the US but had to go to Uruguay to experiment on GM cannabis?

That makes no sense.

Have you read lately that the "Monsanto protection act" as some liked to call it expired 3 years ago.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Have you not read lately that Monsanto had laws past so they cannot be held accountable for their poisons.
False.

Have you read lately that the "Monsanto protection act" as some liked to call it expired 3 years ago.
Never mind the fact that it had nothing to do with protecting Monsanto, from anything. www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 7/9/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join