It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why It’s Absurd to Blame Protesters for Dallas Shooting

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: shredderofsouls
...I am just tired of there being two standards being used here by the right.

I can assure you that most everyone identifying themselves as belonging to the "right" or "left" has two standards: one for 'their side' and one for the 'other side.'

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

originally posted by: amazing

a reply to: shredderofsouls

It takes a collective to drive the minds of these psycho killers. Protesters chanting and ranting and raving will wake up a spark in those who would do something like this. The protesters for sure should take part of the blame. Especially since they are full of lies about what happened in most shootings, they are protesting a false narrative, making people mad for perceived reasons.

So...Protestors making people mad, based on lies, the mad people then attack, based on lies.... Yea it is their fault. And the media's, Admin, etc.

iTruthSeeker

I protest police killings. I talk to people about it. I have discussions about it. I post on social media about it.

Am I to blame for the killing of 5 police officers? That's what you're saying.

Or should we just shut up and let the militarized homeland security force and government do whatever they will to us?

If you are protesting against police over what turned out to be a justified shooting, then you certainly aren't doing the police any good.

iTruthSeeker

Not all police shootings and brutality are justified. Surely you know that if you seek truth? Like I said in my post, I have discussions and conversations about it. I do protest those that seem unjustified. The police need to be reigned in. That's apparent. I also understand that 90% of the time most cops do the right thing and do us a great service. It's that other 10%. That 10% that never seems to get prosecuted or charged or disciplined. Like I also said above, when the police do a better job of diversifying to mirror their communities and put effort into reaching into and working with their communities they get more benefit of the doubt.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Blame cops that display racism. Blame BLM that display racism. Unfortunately it's all I see from BLM. So no, don't blame them all, maybe it's only 99% to blame.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Okay, so they are not to blame; for when did BLM scheduled a rally to honor those brave officers, who were protecting them when they got shot and some of them lost their lives?

Let's see this liberal movement at action, as you call them.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

It takes a collective to drive the minds of these psycho killers. Protesters chanting and ranting and raving will wake up a spark in those who would do something like this. The protesters for sure should take part of the blame. Especially since they are full of lies about what happened in most shootings, they are protesting a false narrative, making people mad for perceived reasons.

So...Protestors making people mad, based on lies, the mad people then attack, based on lies.... Yea it is their fault. And the media's, Admin, etc.

iTruthSeeker

I protest police killings. I talk to people about it. I have discussions about it. I post on social media about it.

Or should we just shut up and let the militarized homeland security force and government do whatever they will to us?

If you are protesting against police over what turned out to be a justified shooting, then you certainly aren't doing the police any good.

iTruthSeeker

Not all police shootings and brutality are justified. Surely you know that if you seek truth? Like I said in my post, I have discussions and conversations about it. I do protest those that seem unjustified. The police need to be reigned in. That's apparent. I also understand that 90% of the time most cops do the right thing and do us a great service. It's that other 10%. That 10% that never seems to get prosecuted or charged or disciplined. Like I also said above, when the police do a better job of diversifying to mirror their communities and put effort into reaching into and working with their communities they get more benefit of the doubt.

So cops are supposed to waltz into a "community" to do good things, when as soon as they walk into this "community" they are being screamed at, crap thrown at them? And yes not all shootings and "brutality" are justified, but the vast majority, after the facts come out, are.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

"Whites (including Hispanics who identified as White) constitute the majority, with a total of about 246,660,710, or 77.35% of the population as of 2014. Non-Hispanic Whites totaled about 197,870,516, or 62.06% of the U.S. population."

So 79% of cops are killed by whites, seems proportionate.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Can't blame the protesters.

But we can certainly point some fingers at the BLM movement for not doing anything about the violent racist element within their ranks...

Just like we can blame the police for doing nothing about the violence and racism among their ranks.

Blaming one side is like the pot calling the kettle black.

One thing these protesters should realize that the very people they were protesting swung into action without a second thought and put their lives at risk for them and their peers. The police could have just said screw this and fallen back leaving the protesters unprotected. They were after all the primary target.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
And yet when the Tea Parties were going on, the media and ATS would use any crazy person they could find and connect it to the tea party. Anytime there was a shooting or a car bomb in time square, they rushed to blame the tea party. So, it's a bit astounding when a group who's founders and leaders have called for violence against whites and police, a group that has organized racist assaults on innocent people just because they're white, a group that has called for racial segregation, has an anti-cop rally where supporters shoot and kill cops and the same people rush out to absolve that group of any blame.

If left winger SJWs didn't have double standards they wouldn't have any!

For instance:

They used one unsubstantiated claim of ONE person to tar the entire protest as "ugly"!
edit on 8-7-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

It is easy to blame the rude, obnoxious and aggressive protesters, but just because they are disagreeable in so many other ways doesn't mean they are to blame for the shootings. However, I would bet that most of the BLM morons would be in support of these shootings even if they didn't have the balls to do it themselves.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I don't care about the politics of it all, it makes me sick, all out for their own ends, and the ends justify the means.

It is absolutely absurd to blame the protesters for last night's horror. I was watching the news, live videos, periscopes etc... The people were much more horrified than me, because they were there.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Rank and file BLM marchers are being used like tools. I don't doubt that they think they have a righteous cause and just want to voice it by peacefully marching in protest.

But, the movement is being used by more militant usurpers whose founders and leaders are not peaceful and whose intentions are much more militant.

It angers me now that Obama just a couple of years ago signed an executive order taking away the kinds of equipment local LEOs need to handle the kinds of militant actors that are emerging.

Keep your eyes and ears open and guard your 2A as if it were treasure....because it is. IMO, there is a dark shadow that has fallen over our beloved country and it has a government.
edit on 8-7-2016 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

It is absolutely absurd to blame the protesters for last night's horror. I was watching the news, live videos, periscopes etc... The people were much more horrified than me, because they were there.

Explain to me whats absurd about blaming a group who's leaders have called for violence against whites and cops.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: Jonjonj

Explain to me whats absurd about blaming a group who's leaders have called for violence against whites and cops.

I just commented in your thread, go check it out.

On point: The protesters were not there to see a massacre, they were there to demonstrate that they were not happy, in any way, with what they perceive to be unchecked violence on the part of authority. Rightly or wrongly, that is why they were there!

I saw a LOT of white people there last night, were you watching?

edit on 8-7-2016 by Jonjonj because: spellery

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Well I have stated what I wanted and it seems people are just going to continue to do exactly what I was talking about.

I'll just leave these here. I hate violence because it has never solved anything and never will.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

iTruthSeeker

iTruthSeeker

So cops are supposed to waltz into a "community" to do good things, when as soon as they walk into this "community" they are being screamed at, crap thrown at them? And yes not all shootings and "brutality" are justified, but the vast majority, after the facts come out, are.

iTruthSeeker

You need to get out more. Cops in Vegas and many cities and towns in the US know that. You can't police effectively without community support. That's been proven over and over again. They have events, they go to schools, they stop by local businesses, they put out public service announcements.

You must also keep in mind that perception is the key. When the public perception is that there are killer cops out there that don't care about who they hurt or kill and that they won't be prosecuted for any of those crimes, then we have a problem. That led to these shootings.

When that perception changes, then things will change.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
When a BLM leader posts this ...

“Dear White People if Trump wins young niggas such as myself are fully hell bent on inciting riots everywhere we go. Just so you know.”

... and BLM rallies behind him .. the whole group is to blame. Now show me the head of the police publicly doing something like that.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

That was rich.

MLK said something about judging people by the content of their character not by the COLOR of their skin.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

iTruthSeeker

iTruthSeeker

iTruthSeeker

You need to get out more. Cops in Vegas and many cities and towns in the US know that. You can't police effectively without community support. That's been proven over and over again. They have events, they go to schools, they stop by local businesses, they put out public service announcements.

You must also keep in mind that perception is the key. When the public perception is that there are killer cops out there that don't care about who they hurt or kill and that they won't be prosecuted for any of those crimes, then we have a problem. That led to these shootings.

When that perception changes, then things will change.

I do not buy that fear of the police killer cops bs. They are so afraid of the police, that it seems in "MOST* shootings, they do everything they can to get shot. They ignore orders, they resist, they fight. That does not sound like someone who is afraid of the police.

When a gang banger gets shot, they call the police. Why? If they truly feared the police, they would not call them because they will show up and kill all of you standing there too for no reason whatsoever right? No I don't think so.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

The protesters no, the founders & leaders of the BLM organization yes:
BLM: When Terrorism Became The Vehicle For The "Social Justice" Warrior (SJW) Movement
edit on 9-7-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

We see BLM's blame ALL cops
on a daily basis..

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join