It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why It’s Absurd to Blame Protesters for Dallas Shooting

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
This Tweet Perfectly Explains Why It’s Absurd to Blame Protesters for Dallas Shooting

561 known people killed by police this year: "Don't Blame all cops".
5 Dallas cops killed last night: Blame Obama & the entire BLM movement

— zellie (@zellieimani) July 8, 2016

The tweets being replied to...

4 dead.
Obama stoked the flame.
BLM did this.
Cops are dying.
— Joe Walsh (@WalshFreedom) July 8, 2016

But what conservative media isn’t reporting is that white men are responsible for an overwhelming majority of murders committed against police officers. As the New York Daily News’ Shaun King has previously written, 71 percent of police officers shot and killed were murdered by white men as of mid-May. And killings of police officers are at a 59 percent increase in 2016 compared to May 2015. At the time of police unions’ protest of Beyonce, King also noted that seven of eight police officers killed in 2016 had been murdered by white men.

The right wing can’t have it both ways. If you rush to paint perpetrators as a “lone wolf” when a white man carries out violence, you can’t simultaneously assign blame to an entire movement of thousands of Americans after someone of a different skin color — who denied any ties to the BLM matter movement and, in fact, expressed anger towards them — shoots down police officers.

Already hearing about the right placing the blame on BLM and Obama but when a white person does something...he apparently is not a representative of any groups and is considered a lone wolf. White mass shooter = Lone wolf but Muslims/Black/Minority mass shooter = representative of some group

Why two standards for mass shooters?

Don't get me wrong, the Dallas incident was horrible and should never have happened but I am just tired of there being two standards being used here by the right.
edit on 8-7-2016 by shredderofsouls because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: shredderofsouls
really? both sides use two standards.. don't remember the church shooting? that caused the big fiasco over the confederate flag? whats more annoying, is people cant move on, they have to start pointing fingers... IMO the only peoples fault those cops in dallas (RIP) were shot was because of the retards pulling the trigger, not because of our sh** president or the pathetic BLM people

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Another example concerning violence. A Trump supporter assaults someone, do not dare claim that person is a representative of his supporters (which is true) but someone assaults a Trump supporter, well then all Liberals or anti Trump supporters are too blame.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

What are you talking about? BLM blames all white people for everything, if it's too hot, too cold, prices are too high, gas costs too much, etc. So that grouping you're talking about is one big ass fail.

Maybe BLM members shouldn't be disrupting things, like in Rochester duh, so the police don't have to issue stay home warnings to innocent people that just want to go about their business?

Cheers - Dave
edit on 7/8.2016 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

The right wing can’t have it both ways.

Sadly Shredder, they can, and they do. I hold this to be true of the left as well.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
How about these little nuggets of truth.

1. Not all protesters of excessive police force or Murder are "members" of black lives matter.
2. You can protest excessive police for and murder but still have respect and support all of the good cops out there.
3. Only an idiot like this Joe Walsh guy would stereotype every protestor into the BLM movement and then blame every BLM protestor for the killing of these cops.
4. I live in Vegas where the police department goes out of their way to be diversified and goes out of their way to try to be an actual part of the community. The result? When police shoot a guy, the citizens give them the benefit of the doubt first because we trust them a little bit.
5. Listening to fox news and talk radio makes you stupid.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

It takes a collective to drive the minds of these psycho killers. Protesters chanting and ranting and raving will wake up a spark in those who would do something like this. The protesters for sure should take part of the blame. Especially since they are full of lies about what happened in most shootings, they are protesting a false narrative, making people mad for perceived reasons.

So...Protestors making people mad, based on lies, the mad people then attack, based on lies.... Yea it is their fault. And the media's, Admin, etc.

iTruthSeeker
edit on 8-7-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The leadership of black lives matter is responsible for this. They are constantly calling on their radicalised members to kill all cops or kill all white people.

Why they have not been arrested yet is anyone's guess.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
So to those who agree with blaming the protestors or groups, can we then blame Fox and other conservative sites for any violence committed against minorities/Muslims?

Since these sites love to use the narrative that these people are bad.

Can't have it both ways guys. Either one narrative is for all or none.
edit on 8-7-2016 by shredderofsouls because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Seemed like the protesters were just there. I think they are either ill-informed or just feel apart of something but that is a different topic.

My problem with BLM is why are they not protesting through the streets of Chicago and other high "black killing black" areas? I mean if black life's matter isn't that the area that causes the majority of the deaths? They don't care if it is black killing black but want the world to burn if a white cop kills a black criminal?

I really think they are just using this as an excuse to feel powerful.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

It takes a collective to drive the minds of these psycho killers. Protesters chanting and ranting and raving will wake up a spark in those who would do something like this. The protesters for sure should take part of the blame. Especially since they are full of lies about what happened in most shootings, they are protesting a false narrative, making people mad for perceived reasons.

So...Protestors making people mad, based on lies, the mad people then attack, based on lies.... Yea it is their fault. And the media's, Admin, etc.

iTruthSeeker

I protest police killings. I talk to people about it. I have discussions about it. I post on social media about it.

Am I to blame for the killing of 5 police officers? That's what you're saying.

Or should we just shut up and let the militarized homeland security force and government do whatever they will to us?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: shredderofsouls
So to those who agree with blaming the protestors or groups, can we then blame Fox and other conservative sites for any violence committed against minorities/Muslims?

Since these sites love to use the narrative that these people are bad.

Can't have it both ways guys. Either one narrative is for all or none.

The ironic thing is, the videos I have seen of Muslims and minorities and gays being attacked have all been from..... The left.. Sorry but conservatives are not running around in groups targeting people on a daily basis.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
The leadership of black lives matter is responsible for this. They are constantly calling on their radicalised members to kill all cops or kill all white people.

Why they have not been arrested yet is anyone's guess.

If a rebel flag was 'responsible' for a church shooting in SC.

Then BLM is to blame for Dallas.

(post by odzeandennz removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

iTruthSeeker

I protest police killings. I talk to people about it. I have discussions about it. I post on social media about it.

Am I to blame for the killing of 5 police officers? That's what you're saying.

Or should we just shut up and let the militarized homeland security force and government do whatever they will to us?

If you are protesting against police over what turned out to be a justified shooting, then you certainly aren't doing the police any good.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

The ironic thing is, the videos I have seen of Muslims and minorities and gays being attacked have all been from..... The left.. Sorry but conservatives are not running around in groups targeting people on a daily basis.

iTruthSeeker

Show me these attacks since they are happening on a daily basis?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Unfortunately for you this argument applies more to Liberals.

All Cops are violent thugs
All Republicans are racist
Muslims are peaceful

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Unfortunately for you this argument applies more to Liberals.

All Cops are violent thugs
All Republicans are racist
Muslims are peaceful

Sorry but no, this incident has proven you wrong as does every incident regarding Minority/Muslim killers. The right goes insane placing blame on every group they can link this person too.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: shredderofsouls

iTruthSeeker

Show me these attacks since they are happening on a daily basis?

There are plenty of youtube channels that document these attacks, which come out on an almost hourly basis. I am not sure if I am allowed to post the channel(s) or not. I do not want to open up a can of worms. It is not PC and neither are who is doing these attacks.

iTruthSeeker
edit on 8-7-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

You're right insofar as only the perpetrators are to blame for the crime. Yet, people who commit hate crimes and terrorism are led by the content of their beliefs. We can only speculate on where he got his beliefs, but the racist, one-sided, anti-police identity politics of BLM, their propaganda, along with the refusal to consider other people's views, is a likely candidate.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join