It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallas shooting!

page: 112
<< 109  110  111    113  114  115 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

originally posted by: Tempter

originally posted by: bknapple32
I'm more disturbed at the implication of our militarized police force using bombs to end situations in the future.

Maybe they ran out of flashbangs and gas grenades.

So the implication there is the police force and national guard Ran out of supplies...

Obeyme HAS been taking a lot of supplies lately. But no, I was making the comment indirectly that a flashback or gas grenade would've worked and also allowed for a potential capture.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You asked a specific question. I gave a specific answer. You asked a question about an event that happened in Dallas. Why you assume my response pertains to anything other than the event in Dallas is pretty perplexing.

I know you're trying really, really hard to troll but it's not working.

I only saw your response to him, I jumped to a conclussion about whatever it was you guys were actually talking about, was all.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner
a reply to: Shamrock6

Woulda kinda been hard to go in and talk to him personally and directly now, seein as he was holed up someplace where a bomb blast wouldn't smoke the cops themselves and/or injure by standers or property too.

Could just as well have barricaded him in and waited for his puck chucker to go empty.

I'm betting they figured it would be wiser to just take him out rather than play chicken with someone claiming to have planted bombs. That runs the risk of having a trigger somewhere near him. Why risk him actually following through & detonating something? Then you'd be all "Why didn't they just take him ouuuut when they had the damned chance earlier?"

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

I imagine they just sent in a little "Battlebot" or the like.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

I already answered this. Waiting for a guy who's stated intention is to kill as many cops as he can to get bored and give up is a losing proposition.

Waiting for him to run out of ammo is just as stupid, since the likelihood is that he's not going to spend his last rounds shooting a wall, but will likely try to find some soft targets to hit instead.

But you keep on with that fantasy.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

One mans battlebot is another's mans trigger device. Size doesn't matter.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Correct...unsophisticated...but again in Law Enforcement circles this public success could easily represents a green light for employing more and more sophisticated and available robotics or armed UAV solutions to dangerous situations going forward.

I work in a field related to bleeding edge robotics, not an engineer...but know those guys...and the technology in the pipeline warrants careful thought around what we as the public will tolerate and what we wont as people find useful applications.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure Homeland Security took over the operation. That would bring in the little 'battlebots' like they had in Iraq, and so on, which would also explain how high explosives (right?) came into the mix.

I kind of like how they handled it (assuming it WAS Homeland Security, and they WERE called for), given the circumstance, and I'm the furthest thing from supporting the militarization of the police (as this wasn't the police using the equipment?).

But then again, cops getting killed, not surprising the FBI would take over. The "legality" of it going from and FBI operation to a HLS operation, could be something worth debating (to which I'm probably too rusty for ATM).
edit on 8-7-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

SM2

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuspiciousTom
I've seen quite a few commenters here, having a ball, speaking of black on black murders, speaking about BLM in a negative way and many other suggestions of racism not existing. It's not hard to see why you people believe this. Perception is something truly unique to someone's experiences. Just the way you cannot understand what it feels like to be black and have had your ancestors in chains, ridiculed and subject to terror. We can't understand what it's like to be white and 'free' to do as we please without worry.

The majority of times a white has been implicated in a mass shooting you'll soon to see "mental illness" listed somewhere there. This is rarely the case for black people; they are all considered thugs. Mental illness is something that affects many black people, and if that isn't blatantly obvious, then I don't know what is. Blacks have been fighting their entire lives from entering this space that your ancestors brought us to. What do you expect after being released from slavery with no reparations and no respect as a 'human being' from the masses, you won't have a job you're looked down on hated. The majority will be jobless, in a world ran entirely by the man-made concept of money. How are they to get it? Are they to steal and commit crimes? Then what do you do? Time passes the literacy rate of blacks increase, blacks start to rise still not many can afford education, white kids and black kids shouldn't be mixed in schools, etc. Their children will not thrive without working many times harder than a typical white child. They hadn't had these privileges. Over time we get jobs racism falls, the KKK falls, we can actually start a solid rise, being heard, being seen on TV, more money passes through the hands of black people, their literacy rate increases.

We've come a far way, in a much shorter time than the rich, privileged whites. Yet, we are still tarnished, we still experience a fight, why? Because the family trees that weren't fortunate to get their kids in school have a line of uneducated kids who still need to survive. If no one will hire you, no one will teach you, but there's crime. Being constantly treated like an outcast because you are a poor black child, does this not have serious implications on the mind? Will you not go to the place that accepts you? Drugs, violence will accept you, as these people typically have stories to share as well and they want the same as you, as well as they might have a bit of hate for feeling they will never be 'good'.

It's almost as if you took an animal from its natural habitat, moved it to a new region with animals that don't consider it family and expect it to get food without fighting.

Beyond all this, the media, controlled by whoever propels the idea of black violence and the idea of white being good and black being bad. Even in recent days you have black people hearing their hair isn't considered "professional" it's rather sad and hard. As black people have lost themselves trying to fit in.

They will revolt.

Anyone that believes that racism does not exist, is a complete moron. However, let me point out, that it exists in all races. Some of the most ardent racists I have ever met have been black. That is not to say all blacks are racist by any stretch. Now, the reason alot of these people label the perpetrators "thugs" is prettysimple really. If you are a gangbanger posing for pictures with drugs, guns and money or throwing up gang signs or glamorizing the "thug life" well, then you are a thug. Alot of what you posted, while it is your opinion, and I respect it for what it is, in my opinion, is a cop out. No one makes kids drop out of school to sell drugs on the street corner. The days of not being hired soley because you are black are gone. Stop making excuses. I used to live in a town in a southern state was only 4% white population. 4%! Now, you would expect to see work force to reflect that demographic....no, it didnt. I was a hiring manager at a business, and you would be surprised at what people thought was proper attire and demeanor for a job interview. I once interviewed a woman that came in wearing pajamas for a professional level job. I once interviewed a man that came in wearing saggin pants that were midway between his knees and waist, a skewed baseball cap and about 5 gold chains. Both of these people could not or would not speak with proper grammar. Why would I hire these people to represent the company I worked for? The woman I gave the benefit of the doubt to, I asked her if she had children, if she was running late etc. Nope, thats just how she chose to attend this job interview. These were people interviewing for an IT consulting firm that had contracts with major fortune 500 companies. How are these events anyone's fault except for the individuals that chose to attend an interview like that?

Me personally, and everyone I know (cant speak for any others) never look at skin color when judging a perspective new hire. It's all in qualifications, experience and presentation. I have never once in my 40+ years on this planet heard of any white person forcing any person of color to drop out of school or make bad life decisions. I personally know many people of color that got out of the ghettos (hell, I grew up in a ghetto). The hardest part of getting out of the ghetto, is dealing with the other people living in the ghetto.

All this stuff about white privilege is also asinine, it does not exist! If by privilege you mean being called a racist for any little thing, then yeah, maybe. Other then that, it is entirely BS and you know it. I have never once got any kind of hand up or hand out because I am white, I never once had an advantage because I was white this is pure BS made up by people looking to make an excuse

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth*snip*
I am glad they found a way to take him out without risking more officer's lives...but honestly what it portends for the future is a little unnerving. With Robotics and Drones advancing rapidly right now...This might be the future of law enforcement...and a remote operator pushing a button on a joystick is a different moral dynamic than pulling a trigger in a face to face decision.

I don't believe there is any moral dilemma. It doesn't matter how this racist and terrorist was killed.
The only challenge is deciding when to use such capability, not because of morals but because of the potential abuse of power and the danger to others.

So you believe this event in Dallas was the right time to use this capability? I find myself agreeing with you otherwise, but I wonder if this was the right time to use it?
edit on 7/8/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

The capability of taping an explosive device to a robot? That capability? It's been around for a while. It wasn't some specially designed suicide robot.

And yea, I say doing that to a subject who has communicated a clear intent and capability to kill as many of you as he can, after having demonstrated the willingness to do so, is a pretty good time to use some creative thinking.
edit on 8-7-2016 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: jonnywhite

originally posted by: UKTruth*snip*
I am glad they found a way to take him out without risking more officer's lives...but honestly what it portends for the future is a little unnerving. With Robotics and Drones advancing rapidly right now...This might be the future of law enforcement...and a remote operator pushing a button on a joystick is a different moral dynamic than pulling a trigger in a face to face decision.

I don't believe there is any moral dilemma. It doesn't matter how this racist and terrorist was killed.
The only challenge is deciding when to use such capability, not because of morals but because of the potential abuse of power and the danger to others.

So you believe this event in Dallas was the right time to use this capability? I find myself agreeing with you otherwise, but I wonder if this was the right time to use it?

I don't know because I am not sure of the circumstances, for example were the police 100% sure he was alone in the area that they were going to bomb..

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Are Police Allowed to Robot-Bomb Suspects?
Experts say yes, and that Dallas is just the beginning

www.usnews.com...

Paust says use of robotic weaponry will inevitably increase and that more officer training and new rules of engagement will be needed.

“Military research regarding the size of drones will likely impact on domestic production of very small lethal drones that can fly through doors and windows in search of targets, leading to more precision in use of force,” he says.

Jaros says the legal analysis is only beginning.

And yes...for those of you wondering...this was the first time a Robot/bomb was used in the USA to take out a suspect.

edit on 8-7-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Can't help thinking this is another step towards an Obama 3rd term. Martial Law being declared and he stays.

SM2

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: jonnywhite

The capability of taping an explosive device to a robot? That capability? It's been around for a while. It wasn't some specially designed suicide robot.

And yea, I say doing that to a subject who has communicated a clear intent and capability to kill as many of you as he can, after having demonstrated the willingness to do so, is a pretty good time to use some creative thinking.

While I agree with statements you made in principal, I would like to say that I have some other concerns.

1. how sure were they that the area was clear of non hostile people? What methods did they use to ensure that no innocent bystanders were caught by the blast?

2. Was it local law enforcement that did this? Or federal? I am a little wary of having local adrenaline junkie cops having the ok to use this method, past track records of police show they can tend to be over zealous, especially with the "us against them" mentality that comes to forefront when an officer goes down. that is not to say I am anti cop by the way.

3. The future repercussions of using this tactic make me a little uneasy.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SM2

If it's some dude garrisoned up in a parking structure, after killing a bunch of cops, Fed's deploy deathbot: pretty slick if you ask me.

They (regular police in particular) start blowing up "suspects" in their homes, yeah that becomes a dark sinister precedent.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Another officer identified: Patrick Zamarripa. Did 3 tours in Iraq. So sad.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mrgone
Talk radio in Seattle just announced that the LONE GUNMAN was killed by a bomb?

What happened to the other three?

And that he had served in Afghanistan.

Robot bomb , others are still in custody

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Is it odd that there is a Charles Manson CNN special on right now?

I'd heard him referenced a couple times so figured I'd point this out.

new topics

top topics

<< 109  110  111    113  114  115 >>

join