It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallas shooting!

page: 111
<< 108  109  110    112  113  114 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

It was a robot with explosives attached to it. They put a device on a EOD robot and sent it in.

Put a claymore mine on the arm and point it in the general direction. That should do it.

Some seem disturbed by using an explosive to end the fight. Bullets or bomb, both would end his life. He chose to not surrender. Enough had given up their life in the attempt to stop him.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Think you got somebody else's comment mixed up with mine....

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I'm more disturbed at the implication of our militarized police force using bombs to end situations in the future.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Shamrock6

Ha....then i wonder why they did not use it in Orlando? They had plenty of time. I would think they are as well equipped as a DPD.

One had hostages. One did not. Not sure what's to ponder there.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I thought you were talking about the protocol cops seem to go by where if dude has a knife then both cops are 'supposed to' unload on him. I've seen some deeply disturbing videos the past few years and they always unload, and the explanation was supposedly that's their training to "neutralize them" (unload on them).

Nutjob with knife, it seems one or two shots would have "neutralized" him but no, they have to annihilate him. That kind of protocol of course people are going to go nuts, has been my impression.

Just like the guy killed in his car yesterday: shot 4 times at point blank from a downwards angle. Of COURSE he was dead after. That's why I flagged that thread.
edit on 8-7-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

link   
What the guy did was wrong plain and simple. You just don't go out and shoot random cops who're just doing a job. Whateve racism is left in this country can't be used as justification for mass shooting. It's the same with the Islamic radical terrorists/militants. A lot of them will use as justification past examples of US aggression on arab muslim-dominated countries. There's a lot of hate for cops too. That's being used as justification for crime by--it seems--a growing minority. They use examples of excessive force by police. Justification is like window dressing, just like flags are. It's the hate which matters. It knows no legal boundaries. It's a monster.

I'm not saying violent retaliation for wrongs to you, your family or your country isn't ever viable. But it needs to be via the appropriate channels. Primarily through self defense, the police and military--which is to say legal channels. That's the hallmark of a civilized society. We work together, not individually.
edit on 7/8/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

link   
Using an explosive when other explosives may be present. Sounds good to me. Drones are next. Do you think those youtube videos of people attaching guns were not completed by DARPA for use years ago?

link   
In terms of the Robot, I think this was exactly the type of situation one could justify such tactics in. 11 officers were shot, the shooter had an advantage, and sending in a robot meant they could do more and try to effectively end it without losing more loss

link   

originally posted by: bknapple32
I'm more disturbed at the implication of our militarized police force using bombs to end situations in the future.

Maybe they ran out of flashbangs and gas grenades.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

Maybe they ran out of flashbangs and gas grenades.

So the implication there is the police force and national guard Ran out of supplies...

link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner
a reply to: texasgirl

Really, these guys need to remember to make no comment until the events and particulars are sorted out.

The media could calm down a tad too.

Glad I don't have a TV.

Normally, I would say yes but this came out of own Dallas Police Chief's mouth. I think he's in the position to know if there was more than one shooter, especially since there are 3 alive and in custody and he stated one admitted to shooting, also.

His statement has not changed.
edit on 8-7-2016 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

It was a robot with explosives attached to it. They put a device on a EOD robot and sent it in.

Some seem disturbed by using an explosive to end the fight. Bullets or bomb, both would end his life. He chose to not surrender. Enough had given up their life in the attempt to stop him.

I am glad they found a way to take him out without risking more officer's lives...but honestly what it portends for the future is a little unnerving. With Robotics and Drones advancing rapidly right now...This might be the future of law enforcement...and a remote operator pushing a button on a joystick is a different moral dynamic than pulling a trigger in a face to face decision.
edit on 8-7-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

I am glad they found a way to take him out without risking more officer's lives...but honestly what it portends for the future is a little unnerving. With Robotics and Drones advancing rapidly right now...This might be the future of law enforcement...and a remote operator pushing a button on a joystick is a different moral dynamic than pulling a trigger in a face to face decision.

I'm honestly a little in shock more on ats aren't worried/bringing up the evolution of the police after last night. Police have now used a robot and bomb to end a situation. I'm glad it worked. But what does this look like in 2021 and the lines are far more blurred?
edit on 8-7-2016 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-7-2016 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You asked a specific question. I gave a specific answer. You asked a question about an event that happened in Dallas. Why you assume my response pertains to anything other than the event in Dallas is pretty perplexing.

I know you're trying really, really hard to troll but it's not working.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I don't believe there is any moral dilemma. It doesn't matter how this racist and terrorist was killed.
The only challenge is deciding when to use such capability, not because of morals but because of the potential abuse of power and the danger to others.
edit on 8/7/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Yep, and it's hot and Friday night right after the fourth of July after two civvies and a bunch of cops got killed and injured.

What could possibly go wrong with a few brews, a serious dose of the jitters and some leftover fire works?.

Bada Bing.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I very much doubt the robot with the bomb was the first robot into wherever he was holed up.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Woulda kinda been hard to go in and talk to him personally and directly now, seein as he was holed up someplace where a bomb blast wouldn't smoke the cops themselves and/or injure by standers or property too.

Could just as well have barricaded him in and waited for his puck chucker to go empty.

link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Ha....then i wonder why they did not use it in Orlando? They had plenty of time. I would think they are as well equipped as a DPD.

Common sense would say that the variables-opportunities-information in the Orlando scenario were different then the variables-opportunities-information presented in Dallas.
edit on 8-7-2016 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-7-2016 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

link   

I'm honestly a little in shock more on ats aren't worried/bringing up the evolution of the police after last night. Police have now used a robot and bomb to end a situation. I'm glad it worked. But what does this look like in 2021 and the lines are far more blurred?

This is only what DARPA has made public (first robot in vid)...likely 5 years outdated technology...Plus Amazon has a robotics division working on having robots deliver packages to your front door. Google has an exhaustive robotics effort behind closed doors...and drones are already here and arming one can be done by hobbyists at home.

How long before a robot knocks on your front door for a noise complaint?

edit on 8-7-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 108  109  110    112  113  114 >>

join