It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alton Sterling Arrest Record

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

So, if they have a record, just kill em...

One incident stands out in the lengthy file; it involved a wrestling match with an officer that involved a gun. In 2009, the affidavit of probable cause contends that a police officer tried to pat down Sterling when Sterling resisted arrest, and the officer ended up “wrestling with the defendant on the ground” at which time a “black semi auto gun fell from his waistband.” The officer grabbed the back of Sterling’s shirt during the incident, and he was able to arrest him without further incident.

So as a cop you should just simply take the risk of being killed?
If you ask me when you behave like that and have a track record like that then is anyone surprised this eventually happened. Maybe look at this from the other perspective:

With that sort of behavior he has been lucky that this did not happen sooner. Seems to me that quite a few officers have managed to spare his life in those previous situations. Can't expect them to be able to do that every time and certaintly not since he was already well known for being armed and dangerous.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

It has been explained countless times that the cops did not know who he was so how could they know he was a sex offender (he dated a 14 year old when he was 20 which is reprehensible but it doesn't make him a child molester) or that he had any record at all? He was also already punished for those crimes.

He was no saint clearly but as I said in previous reply that's no reason to attempt to exonerate abuse of power or attempt to squash the questioning of power.

You leave the impression that cop killings shouldn't be questioned which only leads to consent of law enforcement abusing their power.

No I think every shooting should be questioned. But there is this thing called credibility also. Would you trust Hillary on the stand under oath in court? Why not? Her past of lying maybe? This mans past paints a picture that he is violent, has and will fight the cops, etc. All I am saying is people are painting him to be a saint. I never said they should have been executed on the spot for no reason. Had this man not been committing a crime, then resisted, he would still be alive.

And to add, if a persons past means nothing, then why do the police radio in to dispatch who they are dealing with?
Answer me this.. If a persons past means nothing, then why the hell do we have or need background checks for buying a gun?

I will say it one more time for those who do not understand. If the cops were wrong in this shooting, they NEED to be punished. But given the mans nature and past, and actions when confronted by police, I will tend to believe the cops that he was trying to get that gun. A persons credibility means a lot.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

That really is an ignorant statement. Just like he was killed over cd's.... The point of my post was to point out who they were dealing with, and the mans record and credibility. Obviously they did not just kill him because he had a record, come on man...

iTruthSeeker

So rather than figure out why they needed to shoot him 4 times in the chest, justify it by bringing up the victim's past? Victim blaming mentality is the thing of abusers. Exactly what the cops want you to do in this case.

He has been arrested while resisting arrest while carrying and holding fire arms on more then just this occasion and they did not just simply shoot him there either so the way you so suggestively put it does not hold much water.

This man is not even a victim. He was dangerous and he makes victims including underaged girls.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoThu, 07 Jul 2016 11:04:43 -05001620167America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

I'm sure I missed it. Where does it say he was a '19 time felon'? I'm pretty sure you're probably jailed for good after about six felonies.

DMX said in one of his songs he was the "only _____ walkin' tha streets wit 4 felonies" (sorry I couldn't resist)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

originally posted by: UnBreakable

I'm sure I missed it. Where does it say he was a '19 time felon'? I'm pretty sure you're probably jailed for good after about six felonies.

DMX said in one of his songs he was the "only _____ walkin' tha streets wit 4 felonies" (sorry I couldn't resist)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

That really is an ignorant statement. Just like he was killed over cd's.... The point of my post was to point out who they were dealing with, and the mans record and credibility. Obviously they did not just kill him because he had a record, come on man...

iTruthSeeker

So rather than figure out why they needed to shoot him 4 times in the chest, justify it by bringing up the victim's past? Victim blaming mentality is the thing of abusers. Exactly what the cops want you to do in this case.

He has been arrested while resisting arrest while carrying and holding fire arms on more then just this occasion and they did not just simply shoot him there either so the way you so suggestively put it does not hold much water.

This man is not even a victim. He was dangerous and he makes victims including underaged girls.

The man isnt a victim? Are you mad?

He was killed for selling CD's and (maybe) moving his arms while being forced onto the ground.

The man isnt a victim?

This is the problem.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

iTruthSeeker

He was killed for selling CD's and (maybe) moving his arms while being forced onto the ground.

The man isnt a victim?

This is the problem.

If this man was "killed for selling cd's" than why did they try tasing him first, or even tackling him? They should have just shot him when they arrived by that logic right?... Just like Mike Brown was killed for stealing cigars, it had nothing to do with beating a cop and trying to take his gun.

iTruthSeeker
edit on 7-7-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

So because he is a criminal, he deserved to be shot point blank in the chest? Since when have police officers been judge, jury and executioner?

The criminal Justice system is in place to prosecute criminals for their crimes, not the police.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Let's vote on iTruthSeeker having the most ironic name on ATS.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I see people all over the net defending this trash but ignoring who he was. For starters, here are documents of , I assume all of his arrests.
One comment I see a lot on various comment sections is something to the effect of "See! The gun was in his pocket!" Well duh, of course it was, because the cops effectively defended themselves by preventing him from grabbing it. The video I watched, I clearly see unrestrained hands and shoulder movement, as if he is reaching, right at the moment the cop draws. Anyway, check out this violent thug child molesters record.

heavy.com... ting-blane-salamoni-howie-lake-shot-charges-video-youtube-facebook-watch/

As long as people defend career criminals, things will only get worse.

iTruthSeeker

Nothing like good 'ole fashioned character assassination to make people side in favor of police brutality.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

None of his past matters IF the cops lives weren't actually in danger... which you nor I nor anyone but the two cops involved knows for certainty.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy

So because he is a criminal, he deserved to be shot point blank in the chest? Since when have police officers been judge, jury and executioner?

The criminal Justice system is in place to prosecute criminals for their crimes, not the police.

How is that justice system working out? I do not want to hear about the justice system, because if it worked, this man would have been in jail on a life sentence a long time ago. And from the video I watched, there was a gun involved that he may have been trying to get. You can't see that part, but your ready to hang those cops.

Again maybe they ARE wrong, but given who this guy is and was, it is very plausible that he was reaching for it. People keep twisting my posts as if I am saying execute this man because of his past. No I never said that. I said basically that it is more than likely that the man was going for the gun based on his history and what transpired.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Again maybe they ARE wrong, but given who this guy is and was, it is very plausible that he was reaching for it. People keep twisting my posts as if I am saying execute this man because of his past. No I never said that. I said basically that it is more than likely that the man was going for the gun based on his history and what transpired.

iTruthSeeker

That's because his past is irrelevant to the situation, and only someone looking to apologize for the police's actions would bring it up.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

iTruthSeeker

The man isnt a victim?

This is the problem.

If this man was "killed for selling cd's" than why did they try tasing him first, or even tackling him? They should have just shot him when they arrived by that logic right?... Just like Mike Brown was killed for stealing cigars, it had nothing to do with beating a cop and trying to take his gun.

iTruthSeeker

Trying to have a logical discussion with some of these people will be next to impossible.

I bet like all the other cases, things will not be as they seem in the videos. So easy for these folks to armchair QB when their lives aren't on the line.

As a law abiding black guy whose never been arrested, I find it interesting that all the "victims" in these cases seem to have rap sheets like a copy of War & Peace. You'd think if the police were really out to get black men as alleged, we'd see some cases where the guy was in fact a honor roll student or a corporate exec being jacked up and shot.

The common thread in all these cases is resisting arrest.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

None of his past matters IF the cops lives weren't actually in danger... which you nor I nor anyone but the two cops involved knows for certainty.

This is true. What matters in this shooting was whether or not this man was in fact trying to get that gun out of his pocket. But lets rewind and pretend the cops showed up, radioed in who this guy is, and found out the type of person he is. Would that not be invaluable information to the police on how they should approach this subject, based on what he has done in the past?

Again I agree with you that the moment the cops fired, there better have been reason to. I am more inclined to believe the story of a law abiding police officer compared to a career criminal. But yes, belief isn't enough itself, I am going based off of probability and statistics, in which I may be completely wrong. But most of these shootings follow the same narrative.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: WhateverYouSay
Let's vote on iTruthSeeker having the most ironic name on ATS.

Yes Truthseeker... So far in 99% of these cop on thug cases, the truth was seeked, and the cops were in the right in the end.

iTruthSeeker

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

iTruthSeeker

That's because his past is irrelevant to the situation, and only someone looking to apologize for the police's actions would bring it up.

It is irrelevant as it could show the person may well have been a threat given their past actions.

link   

The police are caught lying their asses off all the time.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

iTruthSeeker

The man isnt a victim?

This is the problem.

iTruthSeeker

Trying to have a logical discussion with some of these people will be next to impossible.

I bet like all the other cases, things will not be as they seem in the videos. So easy for these folks to armchair QB when their lives aren't on the line.

As a law abiding black guy whose never been arrested, I find it interesting that all the "victims" in these cases seem to have rap sheets like a copy of War & Peace. You'd think if the police were really out to get black men as alleged, we'd see some cases where the guy was in fact a honor roll student or a corporate exec being jacked up and shot.

The common thread in all these cases is resisting arrest.

I do not understand some of these people, saying his past didn't matter... Like they would hire this guy on craigslist to babysit if they knew his past.. Right. You make a great point about how if cops were really out to get Black people, there would be a few innocents killed on accident. The fact they all have mile long violent records says something.

iTruthSeeker

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join