It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alton Sterling Arrest Record

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I see people all over the net defending this trash but ignoring who he was. For starters, here are documents of , I assume all of his arrests.
One comment I see a lot on various comment sections is something to the effect of "See! The gun was in his pocket!" Well duh, of course it was, because the cops effectively defended themselves by preventing him from grabbing it. The video I watched, I clearly see unrestrained hands and shoulder movement, as if he is reaching, right at the moment the cop draws. Anyway, check out this violent thug child molesters record.

heavy.com... ting-blane-salamoni-howie-lake-shot-charges-video-youtube-facebook-watch/

As long as people defend career criminals, things will only get worse.

iTruthSeeker

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

So, if they have a record, just kill em...

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Nope. Just saying that he wasn't this "good kid" as people make all these criminals out to be. He has already attacked police in the past, so I do believe he was trying to get that gun and he lost.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Well of course he had a criminal record. He was committing a crime at the time resulting in the cops being called.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

That really is an ignorant statement. Just like he was killed over cd's.... The point of my post was to point out who they were dealing with, and the mans record and credibility. Obviously they did not just kill him because he had a record, come on man...

iTruthSeeker

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

That really is an ignorant statement. Just like he was killed over cd's.... The point of my post was to point out who they were dealing with, and the mans record and credibility. Obviously they did not just kill him because he had a record, come on man...

iTruthSeeker

So rather than figure out why they needed to shoot him 4 times in the chest, justify it by bringing up the victim's past? Victim blaming mentality is the thing of abusers. Exactly what the cops want you to do in this case.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I see people all over the net defending this trash but ignoring who he was.

I haven't seen that; perhaps you are mistaking reasonable and necessary questions and oversight of an LEO's lethal actions with "defending this trash." I don't need to defend "this" trash or any trash to know damn well that he's dead now and isn't a threat to anyone... but the cop that killed him isn't dead and may very well be a threat to all of us.

I don't care if he was a mass axe murderer; doesn't matter now. He's dead. I do care if thugs with badges and guns are given a license to kill, because I know damn well it won't stop with mass axe murderers, putting you, me and everyone in danger of losing life and limb.

Nor do I need to defend a criminal to recognize, acknowledge and demand accountability for despicable LEO abuses.

And I sure as hell won't defend rogue cops for any reason.

As long as people defend career criminals, things will only get worse.

Much the same way that as long as people defend police brutality and cold-blooded murder, things will only get worse....

edit on 7-7-2016 by Boadicea because: replaced "bad behavior" with "lethal action"

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

iTruthSeeker

So rather than figure out why they needed to shoot him 4 times in the chest, justify it by bringing up the victim's past? Victim blaming mentality is the thing of abusers. Exactly what the cops want you to do in this case.

Cops are trained to shoot until the threat stops whatever he was doing. If he kept reaching they will keep shooting. There are plenty of cases of people hit 10+ times and still coming. The victims past means a lot actually as to the type of person he was, his mentality in general, his mentality when he fought the police in the past.

One could conclude that based on his history, the likelihood that the police are telling the truth is very high. If one questions whether this man had it in him to grab for a gun and hurt a cop, his past says yes he is capable.

iTruthSeeker

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

This is such flawed thinking. It's pandering to the worst of human nature.

All that matters is what has brought the officer and the subject together in the moment. That's all either party to the altercation knows.

And - FTR - the lawyer of the mother of his son, who is the person he is accused of molesting, acknowledged that their relationship was consensual but there was a three year age difference. Her mother didn't approve and pressed charges only after she became pregnant.

Bringing his priors into it says more about you and his other detractors who are doing the same than it does about him at the time of the altercation. The police didn't know his priors criminal record at that time. They were concerned only with the facts as presented in the moment.

IMHO, they were justified based on his actions. Trying to smear him to justify their actions only pisses people off and degrades important discussions about the Police State/Justice System.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
"Much the same way that as long as people defend police brutality and cold-blooded murder, things will only get worse...."

Welcome to Chicago!!

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

You think you know these things. Days later... After googling.

This officer had none of that info at the time. Which plays into the motive of public execution. The cops are not Judge Dredd

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

You think you know these things. Days later... After googling.

This officer had none of that info at the time. Which plays into the motive of public execution. The cops are not Judge Dredd

The truth is nobody could see any video angle of the mans actual hand at the moment of the shots being fired. I am going by "likelihood" based on the suspects long violent history. Remember in the beginning, Mike Brown was "executed" with his hands up? Yea..

I said in previous posts that if the cop was in the wrong, then by all means he deserves to be in jail. But in the vast majority of these cases, they all turn out to be right.

iTruthSeeker
edit on 7-7-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Get these coward cops off of our streets and off the public payroll.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

One thing about it; He won't be making the mistake of being born black again.

Yea, yea, I know. Some how this don't sound just right. Well, it may just be the worst charge that could have been brought against him at that very moment. It would have been too much trouble for the police to stand and talk with a person before taking drastic measures.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinymind

One thing about it; He won't be making the mistake of being born black again.

Yea, yea, I know. Some how this don't sound just right. Well, it may just be the worst charge that could have been brought against him at that very moment. It would have been too much trouble for the police to stand and talk with a person before taking drastic measures.

Oh you mean when they tased him before hand and it had no effect?

*edit* Did you purposely leave out that fact, as far as being tased multiple times? Or did you not know because your making a decision based on emotion before reading first?

iTruthSeeker
edit on 7-7-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: tinymind

Are you suggesting that being born black makes you more likely to point guns at people at fight with the police?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Defending him is exactly what we should be doing and all others in similar situations. Criminal pasts have no bearing on whether or not a person has inalienable rights. Especially in places where you end up in prison for sneezing wrong. If you aren't willing to defend the inalienable rights of those you find the least desirable than you aren't defending the inalienable rights of anyone, including yourself.

Prison, sadly, for most people only turns them meaner so taking a petty criminal and locking them up for years because it's their third offense is counter productive to a healthy society. We also have way too many punishable offenses out there. These are symptoms of an authoritarian state.

We don't yet know whether these cops were defending their lives or not and we may never know. What we do know is that there are good cops and there's bad cops. We also know there's a racial problem in the south (not all southerners, calm down), that there's a small percentage of white cops in the KKK. Which were these cops? We ought to question how much authority and who wields it. Every. Single. Time.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Another ice-cold blooded MURDER by American Civic Employees......someone has to show why the precedent setting punative lawsuits which should stop this arent getting through court.Find the Judges and laws which are sympathetic to the support of a continuation of these MURDERS by Civic Employees....this is not the ARMY and this is not a WAR...or is it a Civil army and a war because even in online war footage from Iraq NO ONE KNEELS DOWN AND PINS AN UNARMED MANS HEAD TO THE GROUND WHILE ANOTHER PINS HIS BODY THEN OPENS FIRE ON HIM KILLING HIM..........for goodness skes we are ALL WATCHING THIS .....ALL OF THESE POLICE AND THE JUDGES WHO SUPPORT THEM MUST BE RIPPED FROM THE WOMB OF THE SYSTEM.

Bring Trump in an let him start teaching Americans how to do business again......most of America has been shut out of the new Global Economy by the olde money in Europe and Isreal,only a few "placeholding Americans" sympathetic to the olde money weild global influences.

Obviously Americans think is CHEAPER TO MURDER CRIMINALS WITH THEIR GUNS than it is to feed CANINE UNITS kibbles and bits and then send them in as SOP as the first wave....... saving both police murder vicims and police who are vicims of murder.

Bring on Trump.....lets see him "fire" ALL THE MAIN JUDGES WHO HAVE BEEN USED TO SET UP THE CURRENT CROOKEDLY STRUCTURED SYSTEM....Police Chiefs....Prosecutors.....politicians.....anyone supportive of the body of the snake.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Every time a cop initiates physical contact it is flagged to become a fatality and the process which deterrmines whether this end game is actually murder or not is SET UP AND IS SYMPATHEIC TO THE STATE ...... as soon as a cop makes a physical move towards a suspect THE COP KNOWS HE OR SHE IS BEGINNING A FATAL DANCE WHICH THEY WILL MOST LIKELY NEVER LOSE IF THEY ARE PROACTIVE AND SHOOTING FIRST UNDER ALL CIRCUMSTANCES.

In a high % of the cases unneeded aggresion by the police is what we see mke things look like police are murdering people, the POLICE initiate the dynamic sequence which begins the DANCE OF DEATH they are aware they are starting.

Plain and simple EVERY SINGLE COP WE SEE MURDERING SOMEONE MUST BE PROSECUTED.....and they are not prosecuted....they are supported by a crooked legal system which municipaliies and governments have spent centuries CULTIVATING IN SYMPATHETIC DYNAMIC MANNERS so as to "set their own table".....they have built in checks and balances protecting the STATE FROM THE PEOPLE.

edit on 7-7-2016 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Alarming to see this type of mentality so prevalent today, even on ATS where we are supposed to "deny ignorance"

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join