It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alton Sterling Arrest Record

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
Again maybe they ARE wrong, but given who this guy is and was, it is very plausible that he was reaching for it. People keep twisting my posts as if I am saying execute this man because of his past. No I never said that. I said basically that it is more than likely that the man was going for the gun based on his history and what transpired.

iTruthSeeker

That's because his past is irrelevant to the situation, and only someone looking to apologize for the police's actions would bring it up.

It is irrelevant as it could show the person may well have been a threat given their past actions.

Nope. Having committed a crime before has no baring on if you posed a threat or not to a couple police officers in the moment. There are many first time offenders that could threaten a police officer and there are plenty of thugs who've been rehabilitated due to prison. This thread is a just a police brutality apology.
edit on 7-7-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

a reply to: Edumakated

*cough*Minn. cop fatally shoots black man during traffic stop, aftermath broadcast on Facebook*cough*

And here we go again... We are seeing HALF of what happened. So far, alcohol and drugs are in the mix in this case, which both are PROHIBITED when one legally carries a weapon. So chances are he was not even legally carrying in the first place. Maybe the drugs they found were his girlfriends and he did not know they were in the car........ Anyway. I will wait for more to come out before final judgment of who is right or wrong and what really happened as far as the FULL story.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

So he was drunk and maybe high. That means it is ok to shoot someone?

You really think up the most bizarre reasons to justify police murder. Maybe you should go be a police officer. Sounds like you'd fit right at home.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Not at all.. It means he was illegally carrying a firearm. Alcohol and drugs screws up your judgment. Could he have done something stupid?? Sure. Could he have been murdered? Sure. Not enough to go on yet. Edumacated made a post saying if cops were out to get Black people, they would eventually get an innocent "honor roll" student, so another poster claimed this is the golden law abiding guy who was killed. Well your not law abiding if your carrying a gun drunk and high. That is illegal.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Again maybe they ARE wrong, but given who this guy is and was, it is very plausible that he was reaching for it. People keep twisting my posts as if I am saying execute this man because of his past. No I never said that. I said basically that it is more than likely that the man was going for the gun based on his history and what transpired.

iTruthSeeker

That's because his past is irrelevant to the situation, and only someone looking to apologize for the police's actions would bring it up.

It is irrelevant as it could show the person may well have been a threat given their past actions.

Nope. Having committed a crime before has no baring on if you posed a threat or not to a couple police officers in the moment. There are many first time offenders that could threaten a police officer and there are plenty of thugs who've been rehabilitated due to prison. This thread is a just a police brutality apology.

The persons past helps understand what might have gone down. I didn't say the officers even knew about his past. They may not have. However, when looking at the event as a neutral observer, I most certainly can bring up the guys past.

The questions being asked are "did the victim in fact try to reach for his gun"? We can't necessarily tell from video, but we do know the victim was no saint by any measure, so it is entirely plausible he very well may have been going for the gun.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Did you see a video of this cop murdering this man in the newest shooting? Or are you taking the word of the witness as fact? You call me bizarre by not making judgment until the entire story is laid out? I think it is bizzare to call someone a murderer when you didn't even see video of the shooting.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

iTruthSeeker

Also, we should also be looking into to officer's past behavior. I guarantee the "thug apologist" will be looking for every disciplinary infraction in the officer's past too.

You cannot have it both ways. Trying to be objective, I want to know about all people involved so it can be pieced together accurately. If the guy was shot and killed for no reason, the officers should be punished. However, I am not necessarily going to jump to conclusions until all the facts are brought to light.

You'd think after Mike Brown, Duke, Trayvon, Freddie Gray, and all the other cases which turned out to be false, people would take a step back before jumping to conclusions.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

But lets rewind and pretend the cops showed up, radioed in who this guy is, and found out the type of person he is.

Let's not because as far as we know the officers were responding to 'man waving gun around' 911 call, which witnesses say there was an argument not involving Mr. Sterling and no one was waving a gun around.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

originally posted by: everyone

originally posted by: intrptr

So, if they have a record, just kill em...

That really is an ignorant statement. Just like he was killed over cd's.... The point of my post was to point out who they were dealing with, and the mans record and credibility. Obviously they did not just kill him because he had a record, come on man...

iTruthSeeker

So rather than figure out why they needed to shoot him 4 times in the chest, justify it by bringing up the victim's past? Victim blaming mentality is the thing of abusers. Exactly what the cops want you to do in this case.

He has been arrested while resisting arrest while carrying and holding fire arms on more then just this occasion and they did not just simply shoot him there either so the way you so suggestively put it does not hold much water.

This man is not even a victim. He was dangerous and he makes victims including underaged girls.

The man isnt a victim? Are you mad?

He was killed for selling CD's and (maybe) moving his arms while being forced onto the ground.

The man isnt a victim?

This is the problem.

If this man was "killed for selling cd's" than why did they try tasing him first, or even tackling him? They should have just shot him when they arrived by that logic right?... Just like Mike Brown was killed for stealing cigars, it had nothing to do with beating a cop and trying to take his gun.

iTruthSeeker

Trying to have a logical discussion with some of these people will be next to impossible.

I bet like all the other cases, things will not be as they seem in the videos. So easy for these folks to armchair QB when their lives aren't on the line.

As a law abiding black guy whose never been arrested, I find it interesting that all the "victims" in these cases seem to have rap sheets like a copy of War & Peace. You'd think if the police were really out to get black men as alleged, we'd see some cases where the guy was in fact a honor roll student or a corporate exec being jacked up and shot.

The common thread in all these cases is resisting arrest.

I do not understand some of these people, saying his past didn't matter... Like they would hire this guy on craigslist to babysit if they knew his past.. Right. You make a great point about how if cops were really out to get Black people, there would be a few innocents killed on accident. The fact they all have mile long violent records says something.

iTruthSeeker

I get that it might be complicated for you to realize there exists a space between wanting to hire someone as a babysitter and thinking they should be held down on the ground and then having multiple rounds pumped into their back, execution style, but maybe you should try a but harder.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Everyone defending Michael Brown was wrong. Is everyone sure they wanna do it again before all the facts come out?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhateverYouSay

originally posted by: everyone

originally posted by: intrptr

So, if they have a record, just kill em...

That really is an ignorant statement. Just like he was killed over cd's.... The point of my post was to point out who they were dealing with, and the mans record and credibility. Obviously they did not just kill him because he had a record, come on man...

iTruthSeeker

So rather than figure out why they needed to shoot him 4 times in the chest, justify it by bringing up the victim's past? Victim blaming mentality is the thing of abusers. Exactly what the cops want you to do in this case.

He has been arrested while resisting arrest while carrying and holding fire arms on more then just this occasion and they did not just simply shoot him there either so the way you so suggestively put it does not hold much water.

This man is not even a victim. He was dangerous and he makes victims including underaged girls.

The man isnt a victim? Are you mad?

He was killed for selling CD's and (maybe) moving his arms while being forced onto the ground.

The man isnt a victim?

This is the problem.

If this man was "killed for selling cd's" than why did they try tasing him first, or even tackling him? They should have just shot him when they arrived by that logic right?... Just like Mike Brown was killed for stealing cigars, it had nothing to do with beating a cop and trying to take his gun.

iTruthSeeker

Trying to have a logical discussion with some of these people will be next to impossible.

I bet like all the other cases, things will not be as they seem in the videos. So easy for these folks to armchair QB when their lives aren't on the line.

As a law abiding black guy whose never been arrested, I find it interesting that all the "victims" in these cases seem to have rap sheets like a copy of War & Peace. You'd think if the police were really out to get black men as alleged, we'd see some cases where the guy was in fact a honor roll student or a corporate exec being jacked up and shot.

The common thread in all these cases is resisting arrest.

I do not understand some of these people, saying his past didn't matter... Like they would hire this guy on craigslist to babysit if they knew his past.. Right. You make a great point about how if cops were really out to get Black people, there would be a few innocents killed on accident. The fact they all have mile long violent records says something.

iTruthSeeker

I get that it might be complicated for you to realize there exists a space between wanting to hire someone as a babysitter and thinking they should be held down on the ground and then having multiple rounds pumped into their back, execution style, but maybe you should try a but harder.

People just don't understand.. I give up. He was a saint and would hurt noone. Society should be sad the we lost this productive member. Oh and the first shots were in the chest. Only conclusion for the shots in the back is he tried to get up after being shot in the chest. Anyway im finished trying to explain to people that if you live a violent lifestyle, it will end violently.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Only real trash I see here is the OP.

No compassion, no possibility that someone might have served their time and be trying to make a better life going forward. All just black and white to you, isn't it?

If any one of us were judged post-mortem on our pasts, arrests or not, I highly doubt any of us would really stand the test.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

No compassion, no possibility that someone might have served their time and be trying to make a better life going forward. All just black and white to you, isn't it?

If any one of us were judged post-mortem on our pasts, arrests or not, I highly doubt any of us would really stand the test.

Are you seriously saying this man might have been turning his life around, after the 19thish time? Was he turning his life around selling cd's illegally? Was he turning his life around by disobeying lawful orders? Palllease.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Are you seriously saying this man might have been turning his life around, after the 19thish time? Was he turning his life around selling cd's illegally? Was he turning his life around by disobeying lawful orders? Palllease.

iTruthSeeker

What I'm saying is that none of us know enough to judge anyone.

Like I said. This kind of thing is trash. Low class. And goes to culpability of the condition, whether you intend it or like it or not.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Darn this is one of those occasions I agree with you, I say the same thing, I guess if you have a record that by law is supposed to be closed if you have served your time, you get to be kill.

Is interesting how fast records are appear for damage control when the police is in hot waters

Is despicable.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I agree, I have a friend that is a former police officer and she said that having a previous record is not suppose to be bases for going after a suspect, unless the suspect is under, surveillance or wanted by the law.

In not way or form previous records are to be used for execution on site.

The police is not Judd Dredd. That was a fictional character.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I'm glad you can justify killing a person because he was drunk and high when they are black. It's strange how with all the white people who own guns in this country, how rare that is to happen to them when they are intoxicated and holding a firearm though.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

iTruthSeeker

The persons past helps understand what might have gone down. I didn't say the officers even knew about his past. They may not have. However, when looking at the event as a neutral observer, I most certainly can bring up the guys past.

The questions being asked are "did the victim in fact try to reach for his gun"? We can't necessarily tell from video, but we do know the victim was no saint by any measure, so it is entirely plausible he very well may have been going for the gun.

I don't think that is an adequate reason to raise doubts on the person's actions. Just because you have a record doesn't mean you are going to reach for a gun while being restrained by the police. The record is just a distraction to allow people to justify the police's actions without proper vetting of the moment in question.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Wait I never called for the officer's history. So I'm "not having it both ways". You just called for it then accused me of agreeing with you. I don't care about the officer's history either, unless it was a premeditated murder, which is HIGHLY unlikely. I just care about the facts of what happened in the moment. Was the police officer in danger of his life to warrant lethal force? From the video of Sterling being restrained that doesn't look like the case.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Hey since you are so concerned with people's history. Have this for a read:
Philando Castile Worked At A School, Loved Video Games Before Cop Gunned Him Down

He graduated in 2001 from St. Paul Central High School and was a “straight-A student,” his cousin, Antonio Johnson, told the Minneapolis Star-Tribune.

Castile had been working since he was 15, his mother, Valerie Castile, told CNN on Thursday morning.

“They took a very good person ― and everybody that knows my son knows that he is a laid-back, quiet individual that works hard every day, pays taxes, and comes home and plays video games. That’s it,” she said. “I know he didn’t antagonize that officer in any way to make him feel like his life was in danger.”

Castile said she had spoken with her son about the importance of complying with police, adding that he never would have done anything to jeopardize the lives of his girlfriend Diamond Reynolds and her daughter, who were with him when he was shot.

This is the guy shot reaching for his wallet while his gf filmed it. Have fun justifying the police killing this guy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join