It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago shootings: More than 60 shot during holiday weekend

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
a reply to: xuenchen
I saw the cheif of police say today he considered this a victory.

It was far less than they expected. WTF....a victory?

SMH

Yes of course it's victory !!!

They all get blue ribbons, medals, and trophies for failure around here.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I can imagine most of the shootings are going on in the poorer neighborhoods where drugs will be the issue and a turf war is the order of the day .

The cops in the U.K can do a test in 90 seconds at the road side for 300 different types of drugs maybe Chicago needs some tough love to clean up the mess as it gets some world press quite often .

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

ty
I'm sorry. Just maybe too sensitive now. I have never ever had more than one account though.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam
a reply to: reldra

I can imagine most of the shootings are going on in the poorer neighborhoods where drugs will be the issue and a turf war is the order of the day .

The cops in the U.K can do a test in 90 seconds at the road side for 300 different types of drugs maybe Chicago needs some tough love to clean up the mess as it gets some world press quite often .

I sort of think it does, what else can be done there?

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Chicago shootings: More than 60 shot during holiday weekend

I don't know WHY going around shooting other people isn't made illegal.

I mean it's only 'common sense'.

I don't know WHY they don't go around and make it tougher for 'bad' people to get them.

To legally possess firearms or ammunition, Illinois residents must have a Firearm Owners Identification (FOID) card, which is issued by the Illinois State Police to any qualified applicant. Non-residents who may legally possess firearms in their home state are exempt from this requirement.

The state police issue licenses for the concealed carry of handguns to qualified applicants age 21 or older who pass a 16-hour training course. However, any law enforcement agency can object to an individual being granted a license "based upon a reasonable suspicion that the applicant is a danger to himself or herself or others, or a threat to public safety". Objections are considered by a Concealed Carry Licensing Review Board, which decides whether or not the license will be issued, based on "a preponderance of the evidence". Licenses issued by other states are not recognized, except for carry in a vehicle. Open carry is prohibited in most areas. Without a concealed carry license, a firearm must be unloaded and enclosed in a case when it is being transported.

There is a waiting period to take possession after purchasing a firearm — 72 hours for a handgun, or 24 hours for a rifle or shotgun. For private sales, the seller must verify the buyer's FOID card, and keep a record of the sale for at least 10 years. Lost or stolen guns must be reported to the police. Possession of automatic firearms, short-barreled shotguns, or suppressors is prohibited. Possession of short-barreled rifles is permitted only for those who have an ATF Curios and Relics license or are a member of a military reenactment group.

en.wikipedia.org...

IF gun control WORKED.

Chicago would be Mayberry, not Fallujah.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
DOJ needs to start charging these thugs under the RICO Act.

Mandatory 25 year minimum of hard labor for anyone convicted of being a member of a gang that has committed murder in it's gang activities, I say.

Time to start terrorizing these gangs worse than they terrorize the neighborhoods they take over.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Politicians would be as useful as a two-story outhouse.

All they can do is make laws, and their "laws" are what brought us to this.

We need to take out the thugs with the guns. We need to make it known that if you use a gun in a crime or if you shoot other people, your life is done.

You should die.

If a person cares so little about life and the rights of others, then their lives should be forfeit.

Kill the people using guns in crimes.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam
I think it would take a large number of police to sweep the area. It would need to be done often as this kind of activity happens daily. They can ban guns all day long, but someone can always find one. If they want to harm each other over drugs they will do it, whether with guns or pointed sticks. Its a turf war. I don't think there are enough police in that state to handle the issue. It would take the national guard occupying the area for a while. Its is a war zone.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Are we allowed to talk about the people committing all these crimes? Can we address that or is it a no go zone?

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

The guns are committing the crimes.

Everyone knows that.

edit on 7/5/16 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
If the country had good moral leaders that helped teach and show good strong values that should be modeled by all Americans, perhaps we would see a major decline in poor bahavior, drug use, and violence. Unfortunately this is a tricle down society and there is drug use, violence, and blatant corruption all the way up at the top of the Pyramid. What do you expect. I was fortunate to have law abiding parents, with high moral values, and gutts to be "Salt of the Earth", the preservative, until death did them part. They didnt just talk. They walked the walk. Additional Laws will change nothing. People need to change their hearts, minds, and bahavior. Poor leadership wont do it

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
MORE GUNS!!!

The solution is to arm every last man, woman and child and let the "Code of the West" enforce itself. More guns puts the correct kind of fear into people, not the fear of being unprotected!

Seriously, why can't we just settle our differences over some warm banana bread and a cup of tea? How about we make Chicago a city entirely owned and populated by black people, like Hollywood is to white people?

Sounds bulletproof, no?

edit on 5-7-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
where are all the good guys with guns to make up a militia and stop this ?

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

We need to take out the thugs with the guns. We need to make it known that if you use a gun in a crime or if you shoot other people, your life is done.

You should die.

If a person cares so little about life and the rights of others, then their lives should be forfeit.

We already have the largest prison population. You want to make it bigger? I think thee must be a better way.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
Are we allowed to talk about the people committing all these crimes? Can we address that or is it a no go zone?

its an economic issue. the slums used to be full of irish and italians, same result

that's what you were going for, right ?

link   
I think they need to pass laws along the lines of if caught carrying am illegal weapon, life in prison. Hell they did for what a pound or 2 of weed?

I like the RICO act thing also. Tax evasion. Got Capone. Take 10 undercover officers, surveil say 5 known dealers. They have cars and money and jewelry and phones, check tax records, bust. Bust associates, conspiracy to commit tax evasion.

I understand the whole "right to keep and bare arms" but come on. Gun sniffing dogs, if dog hits you better have a license and conceal carry permit.

Imagine if drunk drivers killed 60 people in one city over the weekend, or islamic terrorist, holy hell would break out.

link   

originally posted by: reldra

You should die.

We already have the largest prison population. You want to make it bigger? I think thee must be a better way.

What part of "kill them" did you not get?

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest

originally posted by: TheBulk

its an economic issue. the slums used to be full of irish and italians, same result

that's what you were going for, right ?

I'm not sure if he is talking abo ut Blacks or Muslims. Or Hispanics. He is probably talking about all of them. And some he can't classify, yet throws into one of those.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I've never seen what the shooting statistics were before the firearm ban. Does anyone know? It would be interesting to know if the shootings went up, or down. Maybe the law was passed because of all of the shootings that have been going on all along. Another one of those "Look we did something!" laws.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

You should die.

What part of "kill them" did you not get?

I guess I missed that. I thought what I quoted was bad enough.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join