It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago shootings: More than 60 shot during holiday weekend

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Chicago 4th of July long weekend tallies up 62 shootings and 5 killed.

Normal for the City.

Police can't seem to stop anything.

The culture in the high crime areas is not improving.

Big trouble continues.

Chicago shootings: More than 60 shot during holiday weekend

CHICAGO -- Four men were killed and at least 62 other people, including three children, were wounded in shootings across Chicago over the Fourth of July holiday weekend, reports CBS Chicago.

Nearly all the shootings were in the city's south and west sides, neighborhoods long-troubled by gun violence. The same weekend last year proved deadlier, with 10 fatalities, though the total number of people shot, 63, was on par with this year.

The Chicago Tribune reports that 36 people were shot between Friday evening and early Monday evening, before the city's fireworks began. Another two dozen victims were hit Monday night and early Tuesday.

Chicago Shooting Stats

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Well, if there were less guns, less people woiuld be shot. You can't empty the city of people, who are aparently shooting. You have to remove the guns.
edit on 5-7-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

What? is that a problem? Removing guns and not the people?

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

+3 more 
link   

The place seems like a war zone to a non American like myself yet it is a gun free zone i believe and the home of Obama

+11 more 
link   
How? It's not like they OBEY the law. a reply to: reldra

link   

+4 more 
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Well, if there were less guns, less people woiuld be shot. You can't empty the city of people, who are aparently shooting. You have to remove the guns.

To remove all the illegal guns from Chicago, the government would need the National Guard.

Hundreds of people could be killed.

The police department can't get all of them fast enough.....
One Gun Seized 'Nearly Every Hour Of Every Day,' Police Say

link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

The place seems like a war zone to a non American like myself yet it is a gun free zone i believe and the home of Obama

Hell man it seems like a war zone to an American! (Me, I only speak for me.)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jaxsmash
How? It's not like they OBEY the law. a reply to: reldra

I just say it is easier to take guns in comparison to people.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

To remove all the illegal guns from Chicago, the government would need the National Guard.

Hundreds of people could be killed.

The police department can't get all of them fast enough.....
One Gun Seized 'Nearly Every Hour Of Every Day,' Police Say

There is obviously an emergency there. People talk about it over and over. Maybe the national Guard is needed.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

And then you'd have stabbings, bludgeonings, etc.... and I'm guessing they'd have a higher kill rate than the 11% that was managed over the weekend.

Besides, these are already people obviously willing to shoot and kill other people- so the laws won't mean much to them. I'd wager that every firearm used in every shooting over the weekend was already illegally owned or obtained.
What are you going to do, take up armed police raids to confiscate the guns of a bunch of people perfectly willing to shoot and kill fellow citizens?

I bet the number of deaths would be a good lot many more than 11% of those shot in that event.

edit on 5-7-2016 by lordcomac because: edited to add quote for clarification of reply

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Jaxsmash

Time for some tough love in Chicago to combat the violence going on , Put the national guard in on street corners and drud test for benefits and gun buy backs

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I saw the cheif of police say today he considered this a victory.

It was far less than they expected. WTF....a victory?

SMH

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam
a reply to: Jaxsmash

Time for some tough love in Chicago to combat the violence going on , Put the national guard in on street corners and drud test for benefits and gun buy backs

I support buy backs and support from the National Guard. Drug tests are really far afield from this.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

And then you'd have stabbings, bludgeonings, etc.... and I'm guessing they'd have a higher kill rate than the 11% that was managed over the weekend.

Besides, these are already people obviously willing to shoot and kill other people- so the laws won't mean much to them. I'd wager that every firearm used in every shooting over the weekend was already illegally owned or obtained.
What are you going to do, take up armed police raids to confiscate the guns of a bunch of people perfectly willing to shoot and kill fellow citizens?

I bet the number of deaths would be a good lot many more than 11% of those shot in that event.

Well, in countries with strong gun laws, there are obviously more stabbings. But nowhere near the amount of shootings here or there before the law there.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join