It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago shootings: More than 60 shot during holiday weekend

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Yeah whatever. Then they'll just stab or beat people to death instead.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam
Agreed. Drastic times call for drastic measures. I'm sure they can do more. Just what that "more" is, is the problem.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: derfreebie

what no penut butter

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

Yeah whatever. Then they'll just stab or beat people to death instead.

They'll still use guns.

Only the people who obey the law will be unarmed.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

They should move Chicago to the ME

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: derfreebie

originally posted by: Jaxsmash
How? It's not like they OBEY the law. a reply to: reldra

I just say it is easier to take guns in comparison to people.

I think the statistics and a lot of Chicago's unregistered
gun owners would disagree with that one. There's a standing
list of neighborhoods where the CPD ain't goin after dark...
there's a good reason. Most times in order to get the person's
gun you have to get the person: and almost always a bad trade.

A standing list? Odd as my uncle is a police officer in Chicago and I talk to him often. Gimme a sec.

*calling*

Guess what...there are no places to not go after dark. He says is the same as pl talkin about no go zones. he is a tall, big guy. He laughed.

I guess with the Taylor clamped down, and Cabrini Green
being long gone, he's not blowing smoke. Not being a
native anymore and with things likely changed in the
last five to ten years, he's more right than I am.
I'm wishing him good luck on pushing the numbers down,
and staying safe. The latter Is the hardest job in town.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
This isn't a gun control issue. It is a a complete collapse of the moral and social fabric of the lower class black community brought on from 50 years of liberal social policy that has decimated the black family leading to poor educational and job outcomes. The crime you see is natural extension of this tragedy.

THIS, man, this. What this guy said is the truth.

It is the culture. Period, plain and simple. It's the moral breakdown of society, specifically, the black society. I'm a part of that society, it's literally 20 feet from my back door as I type.

It amazes, and saddens me, the way our society has came to the point that the simple truth can not be stated without the slobbering, idiotic left( the most evil force facing the black race on the planet) and PC brigade making asinine and clueless remarks about problems that they actually have no damned clue about.

It ain't the guns, man. Trust me, trust me good :it's the culture. I've buried family members that wouldn't accept that.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

what no penut butter

Have you ever tried to cycle a Kimber slide full
of peanut butter? It's hard enough with a film
of Hoppe's... tighter than my last boss.
Seriously, and I have to stop after Comey's dis-
missal of culpability this morning-- I blame not the
politicians but the social engineers working for the
uber rich pot stirring oligarchs creating this mess.

It looks like the Chicago stuff goes through cycles
of bad to worse-- to a little further off the radar
than the media can get ratings for-- all the way out
to what might as well be a 10,000 acre turf war with
more hardware than any civilian with a Class II can own.

It's all about supply and demand, and fitting the
narrative: and occasionally Chicago gets enough casual-
ties to pull a front page away from a false flag. The
people are eating it up, and with the social engineers
having as good a success as the Chicago Teachers Union
(oh WAIT they are TOO) at producing sterling character:
it's no surprise the city is caving in on itself.

There was a time when I was a lot younger that I would
have paid bigger bucks to stay in Chicago, and save on
the commute by living 'in country'. Now that I'm retired
and reading up, there couldn't be enough combat pay.
edit on 5-7-2016 by derfreebie because: No reasoning power involved -- typo again

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Yip there is nothing like looking into the madness of a city from the quiet suburbs life , like everything else in the u.k compared to America we have it round theother way with country life way more expensive than living in a city .

I am just glad that was never born in Chicago or any of those crazy gun places where life is cheap and old age on the streets is 21

edit on 5/7/2016 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Chicago needs the special forces brought in and a invasion like fallujah. house to house door to door.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

Well, if there were less guns, less people woiuld be shot. You can't empty the city of people, who are aparently shooting. You have to remove the guns.

Perhaps removing the criminals first might be met with more luck? Emptying the city of guns without removing the criminals will just have the criminals importing themselves new guns to play with. You don't have to empty the city of people, just remove the criminal shooters. Half the guns in that part of town probably have the serial numbers filed off anyways.
edit on 5-7-2016 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Well, the Chicago 9pm TV news has been on for 28 minutes. Not a peep about the shootings and murders this weekend. It's not news anymore, because 99% of shooters/victims are Blacks and Mexicans.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Does Chicago not have strict gun laws?

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Well, the Chicago 9pm TV news has been on for 28 minutes. Not a peep about the shootings and murders this weekend. It's not news anymore, because 99% of shooters/victims are Blacks and Mexicans.

And that right there proves 100 percent that the media doesn't actually care one tiny bit for minorities. All they do is whoop it up how someone mistreats them to get things riled, and then when an opportunity really arrives where they might do some good they are totally SILENT.

The major news companies should be burned to the ground for doing that.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
One of the biggest issues is a broken Judicial system.

Too light of punishment levied when it comes to violent criminals is a major issue.

The USA (especially Chicago), has a real problem with letting violent convicted felons out on early release.

I have personally witnessed this on numerous occassions and have shared several of those stories on ATS.

I mean look at this article about Chicago,

Lamar Harris had seven felony convictions and 43 arrests when he shot three Chicago police officers. The same week, Samuel Harviley, who had just been paroled after serving less than half of his sentence for armed carjacking, shot yet another of the Windy City’s finest.

www.foxnews.com...

Unless the Judicial system is fixed nothing will change.

edit on 5-7-2016 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jaxsmash
How? It's not like they OBEY the law. a reply to: reldra

I just say it is easier to take guns in comparison to people.

Not if you are a criminal in Chicago, apparently.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Same arguments over and over again, just like these behaviors are repeated over and over again.
I like experiments. I do little experiments all the time, in my personal life.

As an experiment, I would like to seize the guns of all the hoodlums of Chicago. Then see how many people are killed in a weekend.

It could be no change, and people will kill by other means. You know, put piranha in their bathwater, and brown recluse in their shoes. Hang one another from street lights. But we'll never know, will we?

Guess people aren't as interested in experiments as much as others. They know what they know, and it's all they want to know.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I converse with a lot of people in the Chicago area one-on-one. From poor to wealthy. The general population sees the shooters and victims as society "takers"...not "contributors".

Bring up the Chicago violence subject, and people shrug their shoulders and say, "Yep..it's terrible. Did the CUBS win last night??".

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

All I know is that for all of my life, all of my parents' lives, politicians have been making laws and creating programs they say will reduce this issue, and it only gets worse.

So clearly, their methods are not working, and yet all you can do is argue we should do more of it.

Are you familiar with the definition of insanity?

Laws and programs will not create a moral and stable population. They will not create whole families raising kids who don't go out and shoot each other as a favored form of weekend recreation.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

And how are you going to seize all their guns?

Most of them are illegal, meaning you wouldn't know where to begin looking for them. The only guns you would have a clue where to find them are the ones owned by legal owners (of which there are few in Chicago), and they usually aren't going to be the 15 and 16 year olds shooting each other on weekends.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join