It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should FCC begone b/c of M&M and Thomas Paine!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Sorry, but I guess it's because of The French Revolution thing on the History Channel tonight that I'm on a Thomas Paine kick. I have all his essays btw. I hate the FCC, heck their censoring Denstiny's Child, when they sing in the chorus in their new single "Soilder"."He better have "big things/ beep" if ya' know what I mean?"
I find it offinsive since if you read "Common Sense" Thomas Paine cusses his head off. He even writes toward the beginning something along the lines that he isn't "cursing"=hexing, not cussing. And that's it's normal, I'm also reading Hedrick Smith's book "How Washington Works" Copyrighted 1988.
Anyway, I'm also discussed how the mega-rich are try to censor eminem, but will let Micheal Moore speak. Simply, b/c he makes the UN look civilized, not the puppets they are. They want Americans to kiss their butt, b/c they know that by using "saint/celebrities" to control people that most will follow. I love BSB, but I won't follow that. I read John Skurposki and now there's no going back for me.
I just wanna know do you guys believe there should only "Self-censorship" like Thomas Paine suggested or no censorship for adults like Eminem wants?

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I think the current incarnation of the FCC morality crackdown as run by Chairman Michael Powell (Colin's son) is a dog and pony show designed to appease the surging "family advocacy" groups and value voters, while steering the rest of us in our outrage in the wrong direction.

So while we fret and fray about FCC fines and the right to be potty mouthed, they quietly sell off our public airwaves to corporate monopolies with every merger pre-greased and politically approved. No opposition. And (suprise, suprise) no coverage whatsoever from the media (i.e. corporations) that ultimately benefit.

Sure, they'll talk about Janet Jackson's boobie all day long, and take your calls, and read your letters and debate both sides of that meaningless issue ad infinitum... while they and the current administration's FCC do whatever they like in the dark of night.

Just ask this guy: Ted Turner - My Beef With Big Media (Ironic Isn't It?)

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
BSB, I would follow Thomas Paine to Hell and back on bare knees over broken glass. In other words, the FCC is and always was unconstitutional. As a reminder, that means illegal.

Freedom. Remember that?

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay
In other words, the FCC is and always was unconstitutional. As a reminder, that means illegal.

Freedom. Remember that?

I completely disagree. Interesting turn of opinion though. I do understand where you guys are coming from. But do you see my point that if the FCC would just do it's job instead of the unconstitutional censorship BS, it would be a very valuable branch of government.

I mean. I think the FDA is a load of greased capitalist crap right now too in the pockets of pharmcos, but I don't want to buy pirated meds anymore than I want everyone on the block to have their own radio station or airwave scrambler.

It's the public airwaves, but part of that means keeping the nuts off it. I just want reasonable access for individuals, groups and small entrepreneurs. Not 87 channels all owned by 3 companies.

I still think the censorship issue is a smokescreen to make it look like they're doing something when they aren't. And a red herring issue for those that oppose it, but should be opposing media mergers right under their nose.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   

BSB, I would follow Thomas Paine to Hell and back on bare knees over broken glass. In other words, the FCC is and always was unconstitutional. As a reminder, that means illegal.

Freedom. Remember that?

DITTO

I thought i was the only seething malcontent who hates anything that infringes on our freedoms!!
DOWN WITH THE FCC!!!!

[edit on 17-1-2005 by Samhain]

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

Freedom. Remember that?

I completely disagree. Interesting turn of opinion though. I do understand where you guys are coming from. But do you see my point that if the FCC would just do it's job instead of the unconstitutional censorship BS, it would be a very valuable branch of government.

I mean. I think the FDA is a load of greased capitalist crap right now too in the pockets of pharmcos, but I don't want to buy pirated meds anymore than I want everyone on the block to have their own radio station or airwave scrambler.

It's the public airwaves, but part of that means keeping the nuts off it. I just want reasonable access for individuals, groups and small entrepreneurs. Not 87 channels all owned by 3 companies.

I still think the censorship issue is a smokescreen to make it look like they're doing something when they aren't. And a red herring issue for those that oppose it, but should be opposing media mergers right under their nose.

I see what you mean,the FCC was originaly meant only to regulate the air waves so that they werent crammed full of crap from every amatuer radio operator in the country.
But,it no longer does that,it now owns OUR air waves and selects who uses them,and what you can say.

So,we have to totally scrap it,and start over,anything else would be futile.
as for corporate mergers..............................man, i could write a book about that.

Spelling edit....

[edit on 17-1-2005 by Samhain]

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I love your guys posts! I love the American Revolution-it's my favorite war as an ametuar Historian-and Thomas Paine is a beautiful writer in his works. I'm just curious, let's say we rebel and win against the NWO, by breaking mind control and screwing with the armies, how would our FCC act vs. The current one?
How would run it? Would you run it like the UK's run theirs or would your policy rules for your "FCC" be different from today?
And what other information do you guys have Turner and his UN buddies? Do you think this would work? Why or Why not? Should I stop putting "BSB" in my post just to put it there to make a point?
Please answer any of these questions? Thank you, and I love all ya' posts so far!

[edit on 1/18/05 by BSB2005]

join