It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Admin Replaces U.S. Flag On White House Logo With White Surrender Flag

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Obama Admin Replaces U.S. Flag On White House Logo With White Surrender Flag

Change you can believe in!!!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: eluryh22

Also, anyone voting against him was, by default, a racist, a bigot and probably liked to kick cats and run over squirrels.

But but but I thought there was a "silent majority" of Americans who have mostly "conservative" views?

Also:

Blah blah blah.

That is a fantastic point.

If there was a "silent majority"...... where were they? I can give a pass on them not running out for McCain in part because how in the hell anyone could get excited about him is beyond me. Further, nobody (Republicans OR Democrats) knew what Obama was about. And let's be honest, the "Hope & Change" motto was brilliant. Without giving specifics, Hope and Change can mean a million things to a million different people.

The SECOND election though.... the "silent majority" has less of an excuse for. We ALL knew what Obama was about and despite Romney mopping up the floor with Obama in the first debate then subsequently rolling over and playing dead in the second two debates... where was the "silent majority?" I can tell you where they were NOT.... at the voting booths.

I could DEFINITELY be wrong... but I think Hillary has a different challenge than Obama did in '08. Obama ran against a R that was in for 8 years. She is going into it having to, by default, support a D for the past 8 years and things at the moment aren't too pretty. I also think that for various reasons, Trump is bringing a LOT of people to the polling places that haven't been there in years (if ever) and that will make a difference. I think this is for another thread so I won't go on.

You made a valid point though.
edit on 27-6-2016 by eluryh22 because: added explanation

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

He's signalling that the country surrenders to it's enemies; for whom he has been working for quite some time.

Pretty obvious to me.

The door is now open, folks. Watch for more attacks on American soil similar to San Bernadino & Orlando. Even more focus will be placed on the "national health emergency" of "gun violence" rather than on those whom actually carry out the attacks.

The FBI will continue to be discredited so that when Obama pardons Hillary of whatever is left of the investigation after the well has been poisoned won't seem to be such a big deal.

Unfortunately most Americans have shorter attention span than a goldfish (people actually think Fukushima has been fixed) and everyone will agree with Obama pardoning Hillary for something that is old news anyway.

Trump keeps clowning; I still think he's trolling the country and doesn't really want to be president. I mean that would take him away from what he does to make (lots of ) money and I can't seem him actually wanting to be tied down to something as restrictive as the office of the president is.

And so we get Hillary, there will be massive numbers of resignations in the intelligence field and our country will be even more open than it already is now. Yet more "gun violence" (terrorism to people who actually understand the problem) and yet more of an outcry for the "national health crisis" of "gun violence."

It will be given to the CDC to study the causes of "gun violence" which, since it is under their umbrella now, can be used to circumvent the constitution due to the commerce clause.

By the time any of these shenanigans are challenged in court and make their way all the way to the top, Obama (the constitutional scholar) will be ensconced within the vacant Supreme Court seat (no one's talking about a replacement anymore are they?) to uphold the blatantly unconstitutional infringements which are sure to come from a Clinton presidency.

Dear god, I hope I am wrong.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
This thread is more meaningless clutter and space for conservatives to whine about nothing.

I am not a conservative, but i am a professional graphic designer. I think most/all artistic decisions carry a lot of thought behind them.

Of course, no one can consider every interpretation possible when they make a decision. BUT, considering the former version really only used color in the flag, it does seem odd that all color would be obliterated...even though blue was open to use in the two-color logo.

(BTW, I am sick and tired of being marginalized or compartmentalized with conservatives because I am cynical about Obama and the DNC, in general. He/They are not above my cynicism just because conservatives happen to share my poor opinions of him/them. Geez. This type approach is the lowest form of political debate.)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Original WH logo.

Obama's revision of the WH logo.

Why is the American flag missing/replaced?

This is like find the 5 things wrong with this picture. They added 2 chains/supports for the light to make 3, but no stars and stripes for the flag?

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
They are waiting to put the new one up.....The modernized version. Just a bit more manipulation of the people and we get to see it. (the ones not in the specially designed living quarters that is)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: paradoxious

What are you retarded? They do mirror each other,Thats what your concerned about? Not the anti-american treasonist living there?

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

This is symbolic of surrendering and in this instance his Administration is simply acknowledging they've lost the fight and are signalling to Trump to come take over.

OR

Death by a thousand cuts.

I'm impressed with this Administrations ability to portray itself as tolerant, forward thinking and open-minded, it's just a shame that it's all smoke and mirrors (this comment can be broadened to include other things besides changing Federal logos without the courtesy and respect to consult the citizens - irrespective of whether they are obliged to legally do so or not)

link   
I damn near lost my life defending this country. I really should be dead but, I just so happen to want to exceed the military standards of physical fitness so I was able to push out of it. That was a big part of me walking away with my life but no the biggest part. The medic, the medevac crew, the military nurses and doctors..without them I would be dead. The flag to me represents those people. Black, white, mixed....it does not matter. They saved my life. When I see the flag I see them an also the Soldiers who served with me who died. This slight of hand may not be a big deal to most but it is the only deal for me. When I see that flag and the colors on it I see people. People that defend freedom for everyone with no regard for their own life if means surrendering that freedom.
edit on 27-6-2016 by LifeMode because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Now, let's hear all the excuses his fans are going to come up with.

Called it.

link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Original WH logo.

Obama's revision of the WH logo.

Why is the American flag missing/replaced?

Throw in a field of black and some arabic writing, and we have the ISIS flag raised on the White House.

ISIS did say they were doing to do that.

Flawless victory.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Part of my job is naming things. Events, projects. Business stuff. I'm admin.

And what we do is also look at the potential for negative connotations.

Looks like we are smarter than the White House.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

From what you quoted....

We decided to clean it up and create two versions: a more streamlined version that kept the important details

You don't think the 13 stripes representing the colonies or the 50 stars that represent the states that the colonies evolved to is important? Of course that is entirely up to you but the Stars & Stripes is literally, with no exaggeration, the most epic symbol of the United States of America. If that's not an important detail, I don't know what is.

I would also point out that Obama, in particular, likes to take shots. After the gay marriage issue, he had the White House colored with rainbow lights. It's fine that he supported the issue. It doesn't take a masters degree in psychology to see that he was taking a dig at those who opposed it.

That, in essence, is part of his problem. He forgets that he is the President for EVERYONE... not just a president for those whom he agrees with. A more mature person would comprehend that.

I can't say for sure if the White Flag was intentional or coincidental or incidental... but based on his track record... it's not really a stretch to say it was the first.

I recall Michelle saying something to the affect of, "All this for a flag?" during a 9/11 memorial.

Any ONE THING by itself is nothing. When you have many things, a reasonable, rational person can start putting the pieces together.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Yes. All of that because of this logo.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You can NOT be smarter than the occupant of the White House. He visited 57 states. How many have YOU visited?

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22
a reply to: DBCowboy

You can NOT be smarter than the occupant of the White House. He visited 57 states. How many have YOU visited?

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Wow.

Talk about much to do about nothing.

The windows are messed up, too. I'm sure that means there's some deep seated nefarious plot or other involved there, too.

Isn't there enough real stuff goin' on that we should be upset about? I mean if this is the absolute worst thing goin' on in Washington DC, then things are actually rather good...

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Any ONE THING by itself is nothing. When you have many things, a reasonable, rational person can start putting the pieces together.

Oh, come on now!

You know that none of these things are related to each other don't you?

They're all isolated incidences.

There are no pieces to put together. Trust in the State.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: whatnext21

They added 2 chains/

That's a open declaration that the people can never break their chains of totalitarianism.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

You don't think the 13 stripes representing the colonies or the 50 stars that represent the states that the colonies evolved to is important? Of course that is entirely up to you but the Stars & Stripes is literally, with no exaggeration, the most epic symbol of the United States of America.

Of course it's important, that is why there are ACTUAL flags all over the place. Normally, they are quite abundant. Coming up on 4th of July and the extra decorative flags left over from Memorial day, it is impossible to travel 1/3 of a block without seeing a flag.

If there was some sort of flag shortage or if they were all being gathered up by the military and confiscated, and then the logo on the internet changed, I might be a little suspicious. But that is not the case.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join