It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Admin Replaces U.S. Flag On White House Logo With White Surrender Flag

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: opethPA

An obviously simplified and less detailed logo with two primary colors where using the full colored flag would make no sense in the scheme of the design but hey it is now "Obama's revision of the WH logo"

Get out of here with all that rational thought you anti-patriot!

I know right..it's far more logical to throw logic out the window and create TinFoil scenarios.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Now on that we can agree!!

I do, however, get a tad bit tired of Obama being blamed for everything. Just as it got really old that Bush was blamed for everything.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
a reply to: MotherMayEye

A president changing a logo is about as sinister as changing the curtains in the White House: Non Issue.

I disagree and take exception to this as a graphic designer. We don't just work mindlessly. Nearly every change in existing materials that I have ever been a part of went through a rigorous debate BY committee.

The reality is, when you change a logo -- it is a long, frustrating process and anyone involved in the process has a million opinions.

edit on 27-6-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: seagull
Wow.

Talk about much to do about nothing.

The windows are messed up, too. I'm sure that means there's some deep seated nefarious plot or other involved there, too.

Isn't there enough real stuff goin' on that we should be upset about? I mean if this is the absolute worst thing goin' on in Washington DC, then things are actually rather good...

Unless one has served and lost someone close to them they will never understand it or, someone who has never experienced uncommon physical pain recovering from someone trying to kill them will never understand it. The flag means something to a lot of people who have been in that position. I have been in that position on both ends. I also respect flag burning. Burn it. I fought for that right. But to just turn it into white noise is wrong.

link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: eriktheawful

Or rather: let's look for something and try to make a mountain out of a mole hill issue.

I thought it was a welcome break from bathrooms,guns,abortion,healthcare, and everything else.

But it's not a break. It's pretty much the same ol' same ol'

I'm not a great fan of Obama....quite the opposite.

But I will point out when things are wrong.

This is a non-issue that some hack reporter thought they could use to stir up the pot....and it's looking a lot like a fishing pool with a hook.

And it's looking like a lot of people swallowed that hook.....line.....and sinker.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Ah HAH

It's Bush's fault !!!

Explain bitte!

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Zaphod58

You think Bush's job wasn't to help set the stage?

I wasn't exactly fond of Bush, either.

Honestly do you think any President is sitting around designing logos that nobody ever sees?

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: LifeMode

originally posted by: seagull
Wow.

Talk about much to do about nothing.

The windows are messed up, too. I'm sure that means there's some deep seated nefarious plot or other involved there, too.

Isn't there enough real stuff goin' on that we should be upset about? I mean if this is the absolute worst thing goin' on in Washington DC, then things are actually rather good...

Unless one has served and lost someone close to them they will never understand it or, someone who has never experienced uncommon physical pain recovering from someone trying to kill them will never understand it. The flag means something to a lot of people who have been in that position. I have been in that position on both ends. I also respect flag burning. Burn it. I fought for that right. But to just turn it into white noise is wrong.

Then you must be mad at the Bush presidency for doing this change in 2003 , like it was posted earlier , or are you also one of those "blame Obama for everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of the world " people?

edit on 27-6-2016 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

When I worked for a state performing arts center, it was the president that wanted to completely direct every single change to the center's logo.

It's like he thought it was his legacy even though he was only around for two more years after the logo change.

I can totally see Obama and/or Bush being very involved in a logo change for 'their' white house.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
It never ceases to amaze me the stretches people will go to so that they can find a reason to complain about Obama.

An obviously simplified and less detailed logo with two primary colors where using the full colored flag would make no sense in the scheme of the design but hey it is now "Obama's revision of the WH logo" . Does anyone really doubt that is the White House and having any common sense questioning what flag that is on top? Do you have the same concern for military patches of the American flag that are not in color or does that not apply because its not Obama?

Literally Obama could walk out and say the "sky is blue" and people would be pointing to that as an indication that he killed all the dinosaurs and caused every Mandela Effect in the history of the world because he is a Sith lord.

I'm kind of glad you posted this. Most of the entire world and I were busy just rolling our eyes, feeling sad for the participants, and not bothering to respond because, well, ridiculousness. I'm glad it was pointed out, lest a visitor assume the entire membership of ATS had gone stark raving mad (when everyone knows we're just raving mad, not stark.)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

It never ceases to amaze me the stretches people will go to so that they can find a reason to complain about Obama.

It never ceases to amaze me the mental gymnastics libs pull off to defend their lord and savior Obama.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
DOUBLE DOUBLE POST POST
edit on 27-6-2016 by BIGPoJo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: BIGPoJo

It never ceases to amaze me the mental gymnastics libs pull off to defend their lord and savior Obama.

You mean like pointing out that Bush actually did this first in 2003 , is that a mental gymnastic?

As a side note Im neither R or D, imo their hasnt been a candidate worth voting for in decades. I just find it amusing that some people here want to blame Obama for everything ever.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Obama has had almost 8 years to make it right!

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Thanks for proving my point about some ATS people wanting to blame Obama for everything ever.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Yeah !!

Wonder why he didn't change it back to look better ?

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Imagine if Trump made the White House that white?!

Holy moly!

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Even a streamlined logo has room for the pattern of a flag. Whether coloured or not, there is no reason from a design or brand standpoint to remove the Stars and Stripes. In fact, to do otherwise would be silly.
edit on 27-6-2016 by TheTory because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Jesus Christ, all the Conservative threads whining about Democrats is getting really old. It's literally almost every other thread that a Republican is whining about Democrats.

Give it a rest, I know you like the stars and flags and the mutual back patting but ATS is supposed to be better than this crap. As soon as facts are presented (Bush used the logo first) you run away to start a new thread with another dumb reason to hate on Obama or Democrats.

I can't stand the fact that one of my favorite communities has been overrun with shills and bipartisan bull#.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Start a thread on it and whine about it there.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join