It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis says Christians should apologise to gay people

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

So now your speaking for all Christians?

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Shut up, or me and my 20 brothers come after you!
Just what we need while the world is burning, more division!
Good job, how very Christian of you

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Nope, only the ones who agree with me.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

At least if an atheist kills you he does not use the excuse of doing so in the name of God.

No i did not blink and miss anything, humans will always kill each other for a multitude of reasons, unfortunately that aspect of humanity goes hand in had with us being a apex predator. If you wish that to change you require a paradigm shift well beyond anything your Christian God seems willing to supply. Absentee parent at best, genocidal maniac at worst.

You however seem to have slipped fallen, and refuse to get back up because God told you so.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

The world may be burning, but when the fire reaches my land, I'm sure as hell going to throw water on it.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Oh ok. What about the ones who don't?
Is it ok for them or do all Christians have to think a certain way?

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Still not a good arguement it I can say that these Atheists actually targeted religious people and forced the public to be godless.

It's better to get to the philosophical root which is psychopathy. They will manipulate and use anything to do so.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Technically, there are issues which one must believe in or one can't call themself "Christian," obviously.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

"First off nothing says to do what those people did besides interpreting the scripture for their benefits."

But thats exactly what people do, they pervert there own peoples organised religious practices to suit there own agenda. Happens time and time again throughout recorded history

"It's the same argument as atheism leads to horrendous atrocity like pol pot, Mao, Stalin, Hitler etc."

Well if there is some form of middle ground or balance to be had we don't seem to have found it yet.

Edit: need to wrap this up a while, got to bath the kids and get them down.
edit on 27-6-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Really like what?

Did he say anything that would violate Christianity?

Ever read the wheat and weeds?

It ain't your place to judge. Homosexuals are human beings.

Also no different than people having sex for fun that are strait theosophically speaking. Yet those folks are not targeted the same.

Where is your campaign to stop premarital sex ?

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I dont know I got a philosophy degree almost 25 years ago and I was taught there is.

I was taught to respect the apologists I had to debate even though I wasn't a theist.

And that these were both bad arguements from an atheist even.
edit on 27-6-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Where is your campaign to stop premarital sex ?

See, here's the problem, I'm not in any campaign to stop homosexuality. We've perverted concepts in the US to the point where ambivalence equates to attack and nothing short of celebration and embracement equals accommodation. I've also never based any of my opinions on homosexuality or transgenders on the Bible... my opinions are my opinions.

My point stands, this pope's opinions hold zero sway over me and I reject his call for apologies and pretty much most of his other calls I've seen... he's a self important jackass, nothing more.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I dont have a philosophy degree, i do have an HND in Electronic and Electrical Engineering which counts for exactly nothing with regards to the subject in question. LoL Its not about our intellectual aptitude its about expressing our options and ideas, graciously if possible, and in a kind and respectful manner.

I was taught to respect common sense and logic. Religion is full of bad arguments and flawed logic, hence my ambivalence to believe in our organised religious interpretation of God, or his will for that matter.

I mean i can accept and entertain the notion of there being some form intelligent design at play, but any deity that requires our attendance seems rather implausible.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
K

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Raggedyman

At least if an atheist kills you he does not use the excuse of doing so in the name of God.

Oh, yes he does. He says your God told me to forgive you. But, I don't believe in Him, Bang!

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I dont have a philosophy degree, i do have an HND in Electronic and Electrical Engineering which counts for exactly nothing with regards to the subject in question. LoL Its not about our intellectual aptitude its about expressing our options and ideas, graciously if possible, and in a kind and respectful manner.

I was taught to respect common sense and logic. Religion is full of bad arguments and flawed logic, hence my ambivalence to believe in our organised religious interpretation of God, or his will for that matter.

I mean i can accept and entertain the notion of there being some form intelligent design at play, but any deity that requires our attendance seems rather implausible.

Sure but religion is also full of highly philosophical truths. Many aspects were culturally significant and played no role in philosophy but were part of keeping order to society as we went through psychological evolution.

I highly doubt it's possible to go through the process of thought evolution without starting with superstions based on things that were damging society somehow. We probably couldn't have gone from apes to science right away.

Some religeous people choose to ignore the antimonies of the faith and focus on the truth.

Some Atheists are terrible people.

People are responsible for their individual actions imo.

What the Pope was doing though is trying to yell people there is far more to Christianity than protesting homosexuals. That it's distracting to Spirituality and it's rude and in some cases completely against the teachings of NT when the judgement is being done.
edit on 27-6-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
At least he's trying... God loves a trier.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

"Sure but religion is also full of highly philosophical truths."

Granted religion does indeed contain a multitude of philosophical truths to a fashion, but any truth to be had is out shined by the control construct that go hand in hand with most faiths.

"Some Atheists are terrible people."

Some people are terrible people.

"What the Pope was doing though is trying to yell people there is far more to Christianity than protesting homosexuals."

As to this pope and what hes trying to achieve, im not suggesting its not admirable. Seems to me hes one of the better popes really. But one good apple hardly out weights the bad ones that spoil the bunch.

Not everyone however is up for turning the other cheek regarding the injustices religion has bestowed upon us over the millennia.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I'll get right on the apologising.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Your entitled to that opinion.

However it's philosophically unsound.

Men who wanted to conquer will continue to use whatever social tool they have. Religion was just the tool of the time. Communism was another one (well whatever we can call what happened in Russia and Asia).

Death and destruction doesn't look any better in a secular state. Even if the reasons apear to be different

The intentions are the same for the Spanish kingdom or Nazis. Complete control

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join