It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis says Christians should apologise to gay people

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

That was also the first thing that struck me.

F$%^&*$ sad really.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell
a reply to: Raggedyman

I, my friend, am not an atheist. I believe in nothing.

All I see is probability, outcomes & statistics.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

Let's try again

Wouldn't it be nice if atheists put there hands up and say Mao, Stalin and Pol Pot were stupid atheists and acted subhuman
Not accusing you or anyone here of anything

I don't mind what you believe, just don't blame religion for all the violence and hate, unbelievers have a bigger death toll they can claim

Simple?

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Lets put it this way the God of the old testament compared to the God of the new testament seems to be diametrically opposed regarding there actions. The Bible is a book, collection of books, written by Man with all his fears and fallibility at play, and there is not one shred of evidence that conclusively suggests otherwise. Like i said if you require proof of change simply take into account the differences between the old and new testaments.

BTW spelling the word "first" as "firs" might make you look silly, just a thought.

edit on 27-6-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

“I think that the Church not only should apologise … to a gay person whom it offended but it must also apologise to the poor as well, to the women who have been exploited, to children who have been exploited by (being forced to) work. It must apologise for having blessed so many weapons.”

when it divests its holdings in weapon companies brothels and other "non ethical" investments maybe then he will be taken seriously. Is the church going to recompense the stolen loot acquired over countless generations?

Notice he doesn't draws the line between the Church and Christians

We Christians have to apologise for so many things, not just for this (treatment of gay people

So he is speaking on behalf of the followers and not the Church? Is this Pope really any different than any of the others.
Lets not forget his not so perfect past...

edition.cnn.com...

Possibly the darkest period during Francis' rise to power took place when he served as the nation's top Jesuit. In 1976, during Argentina's dictatorship, the navy kidnapped priests Orlando Yorio and Francisco Jalics. Some have accused Francis, then provincial superior for the Society of Jesus, of not doing enough to assert his influence and free them. They were found five months later.
The incident led to rumors and allegations that Francis was complicit in the dictatorship's appalling atrocity -- that he didn't do enough to expose it and perhaps was even partly responsible for the priests' prolonged detention, said Jim Nicholson, a former U.S. ambassador to the Holy See.
Although the allegations against Francis have never been proved, they continue to haunt him, so much so that the human rights group Center for Legal and Social Studies in Argentina opposes Francis' selection as pope.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

It seems like the more violence and Chaos Muslims spread, the more scrutiny and attention Christians get.

That can be taken either way, maybe the Pope is part of the crowd that deny that Europe is being swamped with Islam. Maybe he is playing the part with the distraction (apologising)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
The Pope is the equivalent of a pregnant nun............A f--king liar. He needs to learn to direct his talk to Catholics and leave the non-combatants alone.
edit on 27-6-2016 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Lets put it this way the God of the old testament compared to the God of the new testament seem to be diametrically opposed regarding there actions. The Bible is a book, collection of books, written by Man with all his fears and fallibility at play, and there is not one shred of evidence that conclusively suggests otherwise. Like i said if you require proof of change simply take into account the differences between the old and new testaments.

BTW spelling the word "first" as "firs" might make you look silly, just a thought.

Believing in the bible makes me look sillier than a spelling error
As for the difference between the Old Testament and New Testament God, your capacity to understand what you have never read is flawed, not the bible

So what evidence do you have, outside a lack of understanding

Heads up, I, as in me, its a capital letter, just saying, don't want you to look silly

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

First and firs are both valid words. Spell check is not going to highlight them. Proofreading your own words is harder than proofreading someone else to pick nits because your brain constantly tries to tell you what you intended to write instead of what you are seeing.

This is why I don't play language police. It will inevitably make me look stupid at some point as I generally do not like to be "on the clock here." For example, you missed an apostrophe, a comma, got your subject/verb agreement wrong, used the wrong "there," Man should not be capped, missed capping an "i," and another comma.

However, as I am getting ready to head into work where I do this for a living, thank you for getting me warmed up to pick others' nits at work where I am getting paid to do so.

Back on subject, if you spend time researching what Christ says in his ministry about God and square that with Old Testament accounts, then you will see the two versions are really not that different. God is the same one and has the same standards for humanity as he always did.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Mate, I don't blame religion for anything.

All I see are stupid monkeys, doing stupid monkey stuff, with the singular purpose of trying to climb some invisible ladder to some banana field in the sky.

It's the stupid monkeys that are the problem.

And by the way, before anybody starts, I am from time to time much the same as I've outlined above (sans religion) but I do try hard not to be.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   

I don't particularly care if i look silly, if you are laughing at me then you are leaving some other poor bastard alone.

I have provided you as much evidence as is required, if you need more do your own research or better yet why not ask God to provide you an epiphany?

Lack of understanding??? Well i was removed from Sunday school for asking awkward questions on several occasions. LoL

I grew up being spoon feed this nonsense my friend, and to be honest i know bull# when i see it, read it!

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

It must apologize for having blessed so many weapons.”

To which the industrial war complex replied: "Praise the Lord and pass the Ammunition."

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I would ask the good pope if the ones that bought into their indulgence programs would have to apologise and seek forgiveness as well ...?

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   

I don't mind what you believe, just don't blame religion for all the violence and hate, unbelievers have a bigger death toll they can claim.

Everyone justifies their behavior on some level. The religious folk pray for forgiveness on Sunday, return to work in a defense paint on Monday.

Religion isn't 'to blame', religion makes it 'alright'.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

"Back on subject, if you spend time researching what Christ says in his ministry about God and square that with Old Testament accounts, then you will see the two versions are really not that different."

Including killing your own child to prove your faith, like Abraham was expected to in the old testament? Or the destruction of Humanity via the flood with only Noah and the chosen surviving? Somehow i perceive the God of the old testament to be rather more malevolent, and with a massive inferiority complex than the new testaments benevolent fellow who loves us all and forgives just about any transgression at the drop of a hat. Or confession as the case may be.

Standards for humanity??? Seems to me those are somewhat interchangeable depending on when, where, and who you are in this world.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   

I don't particularly care if i look silly, if you are laughing at me then you are leaving some other poor bastard alone.

I have provided you as much evidence as is required, if you need more do your own research or better yet why not ask God to provide you an epiphany?

Lack of understanding??? Well i was removed from Sunday school for asking awkward questions on several occasions. LoL

I grew up being spoon feed this nonsense my friend, and to be honest i know bull# when i see it, read it!

No I am not laughing at you, just cringing
You have shown no evidence, just tall stories, probably like your Sunday school story

Grew up being spoon "feed" nonsense, hate to be a grammar nazi but what?

Yes I know what you mean about seeing iffy stories and reading them.

Care to offer some evidence, isn't that what we were talking about, not you being a hero, not your tall Sunday school story's

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Abraham was a foreshadowing of what God did through Christ. What Abraham was asked was no more than what God did, and Abraham was not required to actually follow through.

The essential question to Abraham was "Do you love your people so much that you would sacrifice your only son if it meant removing their sins?"

This is what God later did do through Christ.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Has the pope apologized to the Jews for the vaticans inactions in the late 30's?

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   

"You have shown no evidence, just tall stories, probably like your Sunday school story."

Keeping in mind you yourself place faith in a book that contains nothing but "tall stories".

This from a person that believes in an invisible dude who resides in the sky and somehow orders predestination on us mere mortals via omnipotent powers........but then also bestows upon us freewill. LoL

As to my Sunday school experience, what is it you find hard believing about that?

And im dyslexic apparently at gods will. Whats your excuse???

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

We tip mate anything that requires you to commit filicide no matter the scenario never has your best interests at heart, or the child for that matter.

Stands to reason really, if only the Bible did!

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

"You have shown no evidence, just tall stories, probably like your Sunday school story."

Keeping in mind you yourself place faith in a book that contains nothing but "tall stories".

This from a person that believes in an invisible dude who resides in the sky and somehow orders predestination on us mere mortals via omnipotent powers........but then also bestows upon us freewill. LoL

As to my Sunday school experience, what is it you find hard believing about that?

And im dyslexic apparently at gods will. Whats your excuse???

So
My silly faith aside and your dislexia, care to answer the question I posed or are you just going to dribble type diarrhea till hopefully I forget my question
Just a simple no will suffice

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join