It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Francis the last Pope? A rare interview with Archbishop Ganswein

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
From CNA: [Roman] Catholic News Agency

By Anian Christoph Wimmer

Rome, Italy, Jun 25, 2016 / 06:02 am (CNA/EWTN News).
www.catholicnewsagency.com...

. . .
The German archbishop currently serves Pope Francis as Prefect of the Papal Household, and has also maintained his duties as secretary for retired pontiff Benedict XVI.
. . .
“Indeed, when looking at the prophecy, and considering how there was always a sound reference to popes mentioned in its history – that gives me the shivers,” Archbishop Gänswein admitted.
Although Catholics aren't required to accept the prophecy, “speaking from historical experience, one has to say: Yes, it is a wake-up call.”

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
That's the most candid I've heard anyone be from the hierarchy about such issues.
Evidently the discussion of the lightening strike on the dome of St Peter's the day Benedict resigned was also of more significance than I'd have guessed.
On the same page at the link are some other interesting topics/links:
"Jesuit appointed head of US religious freedom commission."
THAT strikes me as somewhat similar to appointing the fox to a commission on safety for the hens.
"Updated: Most marriages today are invalid, Pope Francis suggests."
Ya think?! And that's those that even bother with the formalities at all! LOL.
I don't begin to know, even guess what this incrementally more candid discussion about the "last Pope" portends for the RCC or the world. It does strike me as . . . slightly alarming.

edit on 6/27/2016 by semperfortis because: Corrected Spacing

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Sorry, I need a new keyboard. The space key doesn't always work and I don't always catch it. Maybe a mod can correct it, if convenient.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
is he even a Pope in the true sense of the word?

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Anything that relates to Fatima Prophecy #3 and maybe it was THAT that has Ganswein in a lather?

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Absolutely. And she's the last Queen. They are reptiles and it is the end of their reign. They are not all bad and this Pope hopes to redeem the lizards for past infractions since they are nearly ready to come before a higher order to pay for their sins and be held accountable for their crimes. He hopes to make it easier on them. He has garnered a lot of mercy for their kind. That is just because the hobbits are soft hearted and forgive easily. Course this is why they were "taken" so easily as prisoner's, workers and slaves... all these long years. Finally that curse is lifted. We only await the end of the Papacy, the Monarchy, the Empire. Let freedom ring.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
They are of course referring to the infamous Malachy prophecy.

The list ends about now. The last Pope us supposed to be Petrus Romanus and will oversee the collapse of the church in a dramatic way.

Can't really see it happening myself. The rot set in way back at Vatican 2 and the sex scandals / financial corruption has been there for generations. It's more of a slow decline into madness.

**EDIT** IF this is true, look for an Islamic attack (ISIS anyone?) on the Vatican and the Pope fleeing Rome for his life.
edit on 26-6-2016 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

No, this is not the last Pope.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

ISIS can;t attack Vatican City, they have more money than.... LOL. Their security, I think would be impossible to breach.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
With all due respect to those that care: Who cares?

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cynic

The people typing in this thread.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Substracto

Evidently he thinks he is.

And millions of RC's agree.

imho . . . it's a bogus position and quite UNBiblical.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I'm not so sure about that.

IF the oligarchy has scheduled the Vatican to be attacked and destroyed, it will be.

And it appears logically, that they have scheduled it to be attacked--probably in the not distant future.

Otherwise, the Vatican would have to be wholesale and publicly transformed into the satan worshiping one world religion. I think that would be much harder to do convincingly than destroying the edifice and institution wholesale and then manipulating the resulting factors, people, forces and structures into the one world religion as the king of hell desires and will briefly have.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cynic

1. I hate seeing even mostly decent people crash and burn for no good reason.

2. I'll likely hate seeing the millions of RC's thrown into terminal angst and apoplexy at such a disaster--though it may send them more redemptively to God and their Bibles to make sense of end times events.

3. I'll hate seeing the faith of the weak headed and muddle hearted ones turn to confusion, disarray and ashes.

4. It will likely be a great opportunity for God to connect individually with RC's desperate for answers and hope. On that score, it may well be worth it all.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

ISIS can;t attack Vatican City, they have more money than.... LOL. Their security, I think would be impossible to breach.

It's right about when you start to think a thing "can't" happen that it will.

As we've discussed in many threads over multiple problems, money is not an answer in and of itself, just like guns don't actually kill people. You could have tons of money, but if all you do is keep it in a vault to swim in it like you see on Scrooge McDuck cartoons, then it's not actually doing anything for you.

It's how you use that money that counts, and like anything, the people at the Vatican are susceptible to all the regular run of human failings including hubris.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Well put.

I'm of the opinion that a long list of

"IMPOSSIBLE"

things are about to tumble out of the closets and from under the tables and out of the skies . . . bringing "men's hearts failing them for fear" on us in epidemic proportions.

Time will tell.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

The church is more likely to split.

As with society in general, there is a widening gap between liberal and conservative thinking.

What we all need, religious or not is leaders to bring unity again.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Sounds all rosy and PC.

God's opinion on THAT appears to be:

"What fellowship has Light with Darkness?"

2 Corinthians 6:14New Living Translation (NLT)
The Temple of the Living God

14 Don’t team up with those who are unbelievers. How can righteousness be a partner with wickedness? How can light live with darkness?

Some things are reasonable to collaborate on and some things aren't.

Some things people of faith and good heart can compromise on and some things they can't.

And then there's the one . . .

"Come out from among them and be separate!"

Certainly the church is splitting and will split more and more . . . and the authentic believers will be marginalized and then hunted down to be exterminated.

edit on 26/6/2016 by BO XIAN because: added

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
The last Pope? perhaps...
That does not mean there will not be any in the future...
Maybe we will see a restructuring where 12 will rule as 1... Thats a nice familiar number...
Also Jesus the founder spoke about the longevity of this church...

New Living Translation
Now I say to you that you are Peter (which means 'rock'), and upon this rock I will build my church, and all the powers of hell will not conquer it.

Even stained by blood sin and transgression it will not be permitted to fall...
edit on 26-6-2016 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Double
edit on 26-6-2016 by 5StarOracle because: ...

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
The Vatican may have agood security system, but Italian police and security are as corrupt as Hillary. It would be relatively easy to lob mortars into the Vatican from multiple points in the surrounding suburbs.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join