It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This NOT Giving Painkillers Unless Your Head has Been Cut Off is Insanity

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Honey, I'm so sorry, wish I could help. Four summers ago I messed up my foot too, broke three bones, and it was bruised inside and out. Went to the ER, and they put it in one of those boot things, and gave me 16 vicodin which got me through the worst of it. If this happened today, I don't think they would do that. They seem to be prescribing tramadol now, more often - slightly stronger than Tylenol. Maybe at least one of them will prescribe that? It's better than nothing.

This whole thing is ridiculous. It's all over the TV now, documentaries, yap yap. They have completely demonized pain medication. I think now, you pretty much have to have cancer to get a Rx without the doctor having to feel like he's placing himself at risk. It's a shame. I remember when they made it illegal for Emergency Departments to let people stay in pain. Does anybody else remember that?

Can't offer any help unfortunately. Just wanted to say I'm sorry.

Anyway, if it remains unbearable, go back to the emergency room. Maybe another doctor will be on-duty.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

sometimes I agree with you, this is one instance.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Someone at my office messed up her foot doing intensive cross training.

I think something like this is what they are talking about.

She had something very close to it while she was on her crutches. It lets you prop up your injured limb and roll that leg while the other one walks.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

You got me. I just know as someone who's had chronic migraine that it's always tough for us to go in because we are always at risk for being turned away as drug seekers. There was one gal in Canada who had a minor stroke and another in one of the Scandinavian countries who stroked out and died after being turned away for "drug seeking."

I've always been fortunate that they've always treated me because I've never turned into a "regular," but it's always been a risk, and the past few times, they refused to use the demoral they used to always whack me up with ... only toradal mixed with benadryl which doesn't work nearly as well.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

smart man, and thanks for your service to our society.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That's so terrible, and it's so widespread. I don't know what we can do about it. I think what started this whole mess was so many people o.d.ing on it, River Phoenix, and all the others. But I think they all had oxycodone and even stronger, fentanyl, and that drug Anna Nicole Smith had, can't remember, But those folks MIXED them, and drank with them. You know, a few lortabs, a few oxycodone, a few Xanax, some antidepressants, and a bottle of vodka. No freaking wonder they died. And now, of course Prince.

Most people don't do that, and most people don't become addicted. It's insane. Obviously they saw what condition her foot is in, and yet can't even prescribe a few lortab or something to get her through the next few days? It is negligence, if you ask me.

edit on 6/21/2016 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

sometimes I agree with you, this is one instance.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: reldraYeah that is because that mix is for migraines.

I have complicated migraine syndrome. The clonzepam acts as a prophylactic to stop the attacks. On the rare occasion it fails, I have Imitrex nasal inhalers.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

ty ladyinwaiting
I hoped for an orthopedic boot. Nope. just loose ace bandage. It's * horrible.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Oh, your foot proper. Yep, that's gonna hurt.

I messed mine up a couple times running. Not as bad as you seem to have, but enough. Folded it in half stepping wrong once. Got a stress fracture in it another time.

Ice is still your friend.

Since you don't have to worry about your coach, I'd suggest a bit of alcohol to dull the pain too.

Yep. The foot proper. I have that alcohol now.
It is kickin in.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I remember when they made it illegal for Emergency Departments to let people stay in pain. Does anybody else remember that?

I have written numerous post regarding the manipulation of medical doctors in the government game of opiod trafficking.

We are government pawns being used in their game of programming, manipulation, conditioning, and control.

We are gullible, lemmings, with an attention span that will fit in a thimble, and the thimble has been shot full of holes.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

I'd suggest a bit of alcohol to dull the pain too.

I always knew you were a partyer deep down like me.

I don't do it often because it's a migraine trigger, but I have been known to overindulge on occasion.

I just have to be sure the occasion is worth the aftermath is all.

But in this case, a buzz should be all that's required to help although I wouldn't recommend it if she's had anything else in her system.

I knew it too!

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I was referring to the pain of pushing out a child without taking dope. but you knew that.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Tell me you remember when they couldn't let you STAY in pain! Was that a money - insurance thing? They made a rule they couldn't let you suffer just because you were poor? Or did that go for everyone?

You do remember that?

(I need to know I'm not in a wave of the dreaded mandela effect). : )

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

ty ladyinwaiting

I hated that damn thing, and I didn't wear it half the time. I rolled myself around in the house while sitting in my desk chair. I promise you would hate it. And they are hot. And they don't help.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Not sure why everyone assumes I live a joyless existence. Nothing could be further from the truth.

I am a Christian, not a teetotaler.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

originally posted by: reldra

ty ladyinwaiting

I hated that damn thing, and I didn't wear it half the time. I rolled myself around in the house while sitting in my desk chair. I promise you would hate it. And they are hot. And they don't help.

Yeah, but something to keep her foot from rolling around at night while she sleeps would be a good thing. Nothing sucks more than to be exhausted and unable to sleep or stay asleep because you are either in pain or keep triggering pain in an existing injury.

A boot would help with that.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Doctors used to treat pain conservatively. They started with the mildest pain medications, and moved up to a stronger pain medication, gradually, and only if needed.

Then the government came along with their mandated pain management program. They made it a "right" for the patient to be pain free. They devised this pain scale that ran from 0 to 10. 0 equaled no pain, with 10 equaling being hit by a bus. They even had the Wong-Baker Face scale that had faces on it, for people that couldn't verbalize their pain level.

They required the physician to record your level of pain with each visit, and if in hospital, the nurse had to address and record you level of pain every hour. It was mandated that any pain level five or above, had to be adequately treated. They used to pass out brochures spelling out your rights as a patient, to be pain free, and ways to report your grievances, if you felt you doctor was not managing your pain adequately.

Doctors were being instructed on how to manage their patient's pain, and penalized if they did not follow the "suggestions", handed down to them. So the doctors were encouraged to hand out more and more of the hard stuff.

Now that people have become accustomed to being pain free, and have become reliant on pain medication, the government pulls the plug. Now doctors are being penalized for the very thing they were instructed to do.

The question everyone needs to ask themselves is why? I wouldn't buy the BS they are selling if I were you.

It is way past time for people to start asking the right questions.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

I don't know if I would go that far.

Remember how it used to be that when a women went in to deliver, they knocked her so full of drugs that she was practically unconscious and so was her baby?

Those attitudes changed. Now, no one wants to be touched with drugs if they can help it and sometimes, women get downright hostile to doctors who try.

And the bureaucrats who are the smartest ever are also constantly changing their minds on things. Remember how butter and eggs were the devil? Now they might not be all that bad ... but I'm not sure how much is actual conspiracy to annoy us and make our lives bad and how much is stupid incompetence.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I remember now, yes, that's exactly how it went! The pain scale, and all that. Great post, thanks.

How is our Relda this morning?

I figured you might have a rough night, as I recall with my foot, (and other foot injuries) the first night is the worse.
If you can sleep, sleep.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join