It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This NOT Giving Painkillers Unless Your Head has Been Cut Off is Insanity

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa
a reply to: reldra

I've been in permanent pain. Seven years so far. Exploded disc, jammed into sciatic nerve.
Two operations, nerve damage and built up scar tissue on the nerve.

The stuff they give me is absolutely useless and only just touches the problem.
I've tried a variety of different ones but the Doctors are completely terrified of "real" painkillers and just fob me off with rubbish.
Their biggest fear is addiction (I'm not scared!) But I don't see why.
I'm never getting better and have to take them anyway.....so what's the bleedin difference?

Anyway, the Doctor never feels your pain so doesn't empathise. Too busy worrying about their careers if they actually DARE to give you something that really works.
Also, they get paid even if you die so why should we trust the slimey horrors?

Sorry, hijacked your rant but I do sympathise.

Absolutely. My mother is terminally ill, she is missing 1 hip. her team of doctors often argue about pain medication.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

the answer is simple

All of life is a chemical experience, even when "sober", legalize them all.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

They do grow there and we are very close geographically. Are you upstate or city? They're everywhere outside of the cities across the entire northern hemisphere.

Upstate. Just outside Buffalo.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
most vets have to wait every 6 months before getting opiod refills.

i sustained a back and knee injuries [one left me almost paralyzed].

i still need to wait... i feel your pain

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jaxsmash
I had the opposite happen recently. Had a doc casually poke his head into my room while I was waiting and asked suppper casual like if I wanted some Lorazapam. I was like uh, no? Didn't I literally JUST tell you that I don't take ANYthing unless I absolutely HAVE to? He kinda shrugged and said "okay cool what evz."

#floored

That is a benzodiazapine and not a strong one. That is for anxiety, normally prescribed temporarily. Much different from the pain killer problem. Not sure what you were in the hospital for.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
most vets have to wait every 6 months before getting opiod refills.

i sustained a back and knee injuries [one left me almost paralyzed].

i still need to wait... i feel your pain

That is awful.
edit on 21-6-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
So sorry for you!

Ice & more Ice will somewhat help, if you can get to the fridge? Foot injuries suck cause you just can't get out of walking.

If a friend can get you some epsom salt for a foot soak?

My roomie was accidentally tripped at work by her boss an tore several tendons. It took her 4 months of physical therapy also seeing an ortho. The foot soak helped as did wrapping it in an ace bandage after the swelling had gone down. They didn't give her anything for pain either.

We did a damp towel microwaved for the deep heat when it really bothered her as well. That really helped!

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
So sorry for you!

Ice & more Ice will somewhat help, if you can get to the fridge? Foot injuries suck cause you just can't get out of walking.

If a friend can get you some epsom salt for a foot soak?

My roomie was accidentally tripped at work by her boss an tore several tendons. It took her 4 months of physical therapy also seeing an ortho. The foot soak helped as did wrapping it in an ace bandage after the swelling had gone down. They didn't give her anything for pain either.

We did a damp towel microwaved for the deep heat when it really bothered her as well. That really helped!

I am doing the ice every 20 min alternating. Keeping my leg elevated. Epsom salts are a good idea.
edit on 21-6-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

link   

listen here Reldra, don't you go doing none of that hippidy dippidy,herbal remedy, kumbiya, fart rainbows and peace pipe stuff (jk before all y'all get mad), you need the real stuff

hey an idea just came to mind, there is a plant called Kratom, in Texas you can often find good extracts at head shops and I don't know how much longer this plant will remain legal, but it acts on the opioid receptors, it produces the same feeling and endorphin dump that the poppy extracts do, and it's completely legal, you may want to go that route im sure it has analgesic effects.

check it out, this may be a saving grace in the future

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 21-6-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: smurfy

Thank you, I am shocked that people are more worried about the drugs, not one gives a crap about what their own arses can do do to improve their state.

Ridiculous drugs must be the answer, geeziz suck it up people

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
If they didn't tell you this, they should have:

Ice and elevation are your friends. Ice it. 20 minutes on and 20 minutes off continuously if you can. It will both help keep the swelling down and dull the pain.

If they gave you a brace or gel cast, sleep in it. The real pain comes when you abuse it again. Don't try to worry at it like you would with a sore tooth. Once it settles to a dull throb, leave it and don't try to provoke it, but turning over in your sleep will do that, so you need to stabilize it. Also, keeping it wrapped with a pressure bandage will also help keep it stable (just make sure you don't wrap it so tight you lose circulation).

Obviously, keep weight off it as much as you can. Those nifty carts you see the heavily overweight people using out in stores? Congrats! That gets to be you for a while. Enjoy beeping when you back up.

And understand ... all the pain and agony you think you feel now? They pale beside what you will feel when you start to heal and accidentally turn that foot/ankle wrong in the near future. You won't likely end up injuring it again, but you'll feel like your foot just fell off.
edit on 21-6-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

LOl. Yes I do, Tech
plus the hippidy stuff lol

Someone already recommended that to me. Kratom. I would need the internet for that.Not sure they sell in NY, but I will look at Terrapin Station website, the biggest head shop here.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Ty Smurfy.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
If they didn't tell you this, they should have:

Ice and elevation are your friends. Ice it. 20 minutes on and 20 minutes off continuously if you can. It will both help keep the swelling down and dull the pain.

If they gave you a brace or gel cast, sleep in it. The real pain comes when you abuse it again. Don't try to worry at it like you would with a sore tooth. Once it settles to a dull throb, leave it and don't try to provoke it, but turning over in your sleep will do that, so you need to stabilize it. Also, keeping it wrapped with a pressure bandage will also help keep it stable (just make sure you don't wrap it so tight you lose circulation).

Obviously, keep weight off it as much as you can. Those nifty carts you see the heavily overweight people using out in stores? Congrats! That gets to be you for a while. Enjoy beeping when you back up.

And understand ... all the pain and agony you think you feel now? They pale beside what you will feel when you start to heal and accidentally turn that foot/ankle wrong in the near future. You won't likely end up injuring it again, but you'll feel like your foot just fell off.

They told me ice and elevation. They wrapped a loose ace bandage on me.

Lol, electric shopping carts! woo hoo!

And about hurting it again, I know I have torn meniscus in my knee several times. Each time seems worse.

ty Ketsuko

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I sprained the hell out of my ankle not too long ago ... couple of years?

We seem to have different pain tolerance levels because mine didn't bother me that much unless I went out of my way to aggravate it.

But I've had both a C-section and neck surgery and barely touched the pain meds they sent home with me too. With the C, they got sort of perturbed at the amount of walking I was doing and the lack of pain meds I was taking in the hospital. They seemed to think I should be using more.

So it's entirely possible what didn't seem all that bad to me is going to kill someone else.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I live with pain. No meds docs wont give them out to many hooked on them for using them wrongly.

2 shots of brandy in a glass of wine and 2 shots of grape juice, mix well and drink before bed. I sleep well with no pain the rest of my day like now I just bear it.

What you need is 6 to 8 pieces of 10 mg Valium (2 - 2 times in the first 8 hrs, and 1 - every 4 hours for the next 24 hours, no way to get addicted but helps a lot), And 5mg Codeine with 300mg Tylenol 1 every 8 hours for the next five days. Like I said already no way to get addicted using them like that.
edit on 21-6-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

the problem with head shops is they typically do not advertise their psychotropic stocks, for several reasons, but i did check the website and could find nothing, anyway I really hope you feel better. Once my X wife had the flu and she asked me to buy homeopathic medicine to which I laughed my ass off, and Btw this stuff was like $50 dollars a box, and I bought it and as I knew already it did nothing at all for her, but yes I think Kratom is the legal way to go, but it also can vary in price.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Worked with a guy that was passing a kidney stone, opiates were doing zilch for him. In walks his kid and says try this Pops, so he did. He smoked a little herb and he told me his pain went away. Cannabis is an excellent non-steroidal anti inflammatory and its not addictive with none of that opiate hang over feeling.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I sprained the hell out of my ankle not too long ago ... couple of years?

We seem to have different pain tolerance levels because mine didn't bother me that much unless I went out of my way to aggravate it.

But I've had both a C-section and neck surgery and barely touched the pain meds they sent home with me too. With the C, they got sort of perturbed at the amount of walking I was doing and the lack of pain meds I was taking in the hospital. They seemed to think I should be using more.

So it's entirely possible what didn't seem all that bad to me is going to kill someone else.

That and, this isn't my ankle. I have sprained my ankle, it was not the same. It's most of my foot, all torn up inside. I have never felt the pain that I did when I fell today.

When I gave birth, it was 18 hours of back labor with an episiotomy. I did eventually beg for drugs, the needle to my spine, I barely felt. I have never been afraid of needles for blood tests. Steroid shots to my knee with 5 inch needles. All different types of medical procedures, I am more fascinated, normally.

I have fallen in ice and torn meniscus in my knee multiple times. After sitting on the ground a couple minutes, I have gotten up and walked/limped away.

I have had several surgeries, only after the caancer surgery did I take the meds as they opened up the side of my head from the top of the temple to half way down my neck.

This, today. I suppose I am not finding the right words. The initial pain was worse than anything in my life. The pain is not like "feels like several machetes are going through my foot", as it was when it first happened. The pain is still intense and throbbing and walking even with crutches is impossible.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Ty

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join