It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This NOT Giving Painkillers Unless Your Head has Been Cut Off is Insanity

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
Worked with a guy that was passing a kidney stone, opiates were doing zilch for him. In walks his kid and says try this Pops, so he did. He smoked a little herb and he told me his pain went away. Cannabis is an excellent non-steroidal anti inflammatory and its not addictive with none of that opiate hang over feeling.

Ouch...I have heard about the passing of a kidney stone. You are probably right about the other.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Another fun side effect is stomach bleeding. I was hospitalised twice nearly bleeding to death. My BP was 60/40 one time, lower the next. It took transfusions both times to come around. A VERY expensive incident both times, especially since ibprophen was totally worthless for the pain I was in. Opiates did and do the trick, but with CDC stepping in I don't know what's going to happen or how low in dosage my doctor may HAVE to go in order to satisfy their mandates...regardless of consequences to me.

Gotta love entities who think they can treat EVERYONE the same all because overdoses "may" happen, or "could" happen. And Medi-we-could-care-less keeps on taking more and more services away, while increasing co-pays so that it's going to be close to impossible for us to afford treatment and medications we need for survival. Sometimes I jokingly say that the government is doing this to get rid of our Seniors to lessen their financial "burdens"...but somehow I wonder if that's really a sad prediction.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
I live with pain. No meds docs wont give them out to many hooked on them for using them wrongly.

2 shots of brandy in a glass of wine and 2 shots of grape juice, mix well and drink before bed. I sleep well with no pain the rest of my day like now I just bear it.

What you need is 6 to 8 pieces of 10 mg Valium (2 - 2 times in the first 8 hrs, and 1 - every 4 hours for the next 24 hours, no way to get addicted but helps a lot), And 5mg Codeine with 300mg Tylenol 1 every 8 hours for the next five days. Like I said already no way to get addicted using them like that.

I will look at all that. But valium is tough to be prescribed and codeine is almost impossible in the US. Even if I had someone go to Canada, about 20 min away, they only sell it otc mixed with caffeine and acetominophen.
edit on 21-6-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)
The codeine part being tiny.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
My aunt took me shopping last night at a nice department store. I had an important court date this morning (haven't done anything illegal, has to do with my mortgage). For this part, I had to go pro se, free legal services have done mainly what they can do, over 6 pr 7 years.

I got a new dress, a light summer blazer and some wedge heeled sandals. I haven't worn heels in some time, other that wide heeled 3-4 inch boots. Wedges seemed safe.

Court went great. Got all the things I asked for. Walked all over downtown in these comfy shoes. Up and down steep steps in County hall. I was very happy with them.

I get home and needed to make a call to the opposing law firm. Walked in the den. Tripped on an edge of carpet and the next thing I know I am sort of midair and hearing someone scream like bloody murder. The scream, was apparently me. I felt parts of my right foot move from one side to another side along with 4 or 5 feelings like a tearing inside.

I was then on the ground. I attempted to get up. Moving or putting weight on my right foot was NOT going to happen. My cell phone was not charged. I could not get up into the chair in front of the computer for skype. I crawled, finally, to the unused 'obamaphone' on a charger in the hall.
Thanks Obama!

I called 911. I go to the ER. A PA looks at my x rays, says a bad sprain or major tears. Really, thanks genius. But he refers me to an orthopedic surgeon. I tell him I already have one, which I do and have an appt on thursday. This PA, probably about 22 years old, says he is sending a Rx for 600 mg ibuprofin to my pharmacy (&*^*%*(%)*%). I don't have a headache or muscle ache, I hurt so much I am still half crying every other minute.
I ask him if perhhaps something stronger can be prescribed. He says "No, we don't do that for this."

I picked it up, but am relying on Meloxicam (an antiinflammatory) my ortho dr gave me for my knees and cyclobenzaprine, a mild thing for back spasms from my primary dr I had at home. Neither of which are really for pain.

The world has just gone mad. I would have taken a script for 5 days worth.

I will need to find a friend to drop off liquor, a shot or 2 would help me right about now.

Irritated and in pain reldra rant over .

I had a PA try the same thing, I asked her to look over my record with the Dr (who was too busy to see me) and that I didn't pay for an appointment to get a strong over the counter medication for some nerve pain in my legs. I needed something a lot stronger and I had tried all the OTC pain stuff.

After another 5 minutes of telling how dangerous the drugs were she did write the script. I think we need to treat the medical industry like we do all other industries, they work for us. If there is no evidence of abuse lets not act like there is.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Yeah, you can go on line and buy it by the volume. Some offer better prices than others. California based site is expensive. Pretty sure most sites offer several different varieties. I just tried a couple till I found the one that works best for me. Never got goofy on it though...darn! But you're right about one thing, it is legal, it works and God forbid Big Pharma decides to go for the throat on this stuff! Maybe I should start stocking up on it!!

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

it's not just the prescriptions, it's what they do in the hospitals...my friend was in the hospital for almost a month...very crowded, very busy...you could hear patients moaning and groaning in pain...the nurse told me that it used to be the nurse could over ride and give the pt something until the doc could finally get around to seeing them

the law was changed and they can't do that anymore,so they have to keep telling the pat that they have to wait ubtil the doc came around first....the nurses were frustrated with this but their hands are tied...

the doc should have said R.I.C.E. Rest..Ice...compression...elevation......only ice pack the first 48 hours then can switch to hot compresses........do they have those new scooters to rent? you hold the handlebars walk on you good leg.. the bad leg is bent...knee in the front of the scooter foot in the back??? www.kneerover.com...

maybe you can rent one....DL pheny is not hippy dippy, they have done actual tests on it, showing it does work though I know a lot of things out there are hippy dippy and don't believe everything on the internet...always do a little research
edit on 21-6-2016 by research100 because: dang spelling

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
My wife was saying the exact same thing yesterday after a trip to the docs. He is always an arse about prescribing and never gives her enough to cover her until the next prescription.

She has Trigeminal Neuralgia aka The Suicide Disease after an operation to remove one of 20 + titanium plates went wrong. She now has nerve damage in her face.

She's on dihydrocodeine, amatripteline and lyrica (spellings). Tried loads of other things including acupuncture. Pain management clinic are useless and even though they've recommended her meds, the Dr is scared to prescribe and has no sympathy for her at all. I keep urging her to change Doctors.

Hope you feel better soon Reldra.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Oh, your foot proper. Yep, that's gonna hurt.

I messed mine up a couple times running. Not as bad as you seem to have, but enough. Folded it in half stepping wrong once. Got a stress fracture in it another time.

Ice is still your friend.

Since you don't have to worry about your coach, I'd suggest a bit of alcohol to dull the pain too.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I'd suggest a bit of alcohol to dull the pain too.

I always knew you were a partyer deep down like me.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

originally posted by: ketsuko

I'd suggest a bit of alcohol to dull the pain too.

I always knew you were a partyer deep down like me.

I don't do it often because it's a migraine trigger, but I have been known to overindulge on occasion.

I just have to be sure the occasion is worth the aftermath is all.

But in this case, a buzz should be all that's required to help although I wouldn't recommend it if she's had anything else in her system.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

You should be thankful to stay off opiates. My wife just gave a natural birth and the hospital and every nurse would push Percocets every chance she got, she politely declined. The physician snuck a scrip with her Motrin and blood pressure medication for percocet, which she already turned down. We left them at the pharmacy, and told them we don't want them, we rebuke it. They are still calling 11 days later to remind us its there if she needs it.

They did the same trick to me when I was discharged five yers ago from the hospital after a car accident. They kept trying to push the dope. I kept remiding them "it only hurts if I put pressure on it (my leg), which I am not supposed to be doing if the fracture is to heal." So I said whats the point?? He still handed it to me, to which I promptly ripped it in front of him and stated "I said what I said, don't write it again" .

Why do physicians act surprised when people reject dope from them??

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I'm allergic to morphine and I still don't want to be in pain. In high school I had a bleeding ulcer from taking too many otc meds too often due to migraines.

There are Rx's that can help the pain until the healing has begun enough for the pain to be more manageable.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

This whole situation is really #ed up because doctors are becoming unwilling to control pain and that is because of government intervention and the war of drugs.

Isn't it interesting that every time our government declares war on something, it ends up being a war on the American people.

A war on drugs. A problem they created.
A war on guns. A problem they created.
A war on terrorism. A problem they created.
A war on poverty. A problem they created.

The universal solution? Blame the American people and punish them.

What's next?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100

it's not just the prescriptions, it's what they do in the hospitals...my friend was in the hospital for almost a month...very crowded, very busy...you could hear patients moaning and groaning in pain...the nurse told me that it used to be the nurse could over ride and give the pt something until the doc could finally get around to seeing them

the law was changed and they can't do that anymore,so they have to keep telling the pat that they have to wait ubtil the doc came around first....the nurses were frustrated with this but their hands are tied...

the doc should have said R.I.C.E. Rest..Ice...compression...elevation......only ice pack the first 48 hours then can switch to hot compresses........do they have those new scooters to rent? you hold the handlebars walk on you good leg.. the bad leg is bent...knee in the front of the scooter foot in the back??? www.kneerover.com...

maybe you can rent one....DL pheny is not hippy dippy, they have done actual tests on it, showing it does work though I know a lot of things out there are hippy dippy and don't believe everything on the internet...always do a little research

Rent a scooter? I will probably be in pain 5 days. How does this scooter get here? Who pays for it? How does it get up the stairs at my front or side door? If i am to use it, how do I get it down the stairs?

They did say R.I.C.E . what the hell is DL? You are NOT helpful.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

I would never take an opiate while pregnant. I am NOT pregnant. I need a pain pill.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: JimNasium

the answer is simple

All of life is a chemical experience, even when "sober", legalize them all.

That makes way too much sense and not enough cents. I'd guess if everything became legal, the person that is burgling homes and businesses now wouldn't have to steal $2,500.00 worth of merchandise to get $100.00 from a fence to feed their habit, they could actually collect aluminum cans roadside to feed their jones. Then You could also release all those currently incarcerated under any drug beef and keep the murderers and rapists behind bars and make them actually do their full bit.. This would also cut into the Private Prisons income and We could do away with the Prison Lobby..

Proud Member of LEAP- Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I called my primary physician'f office hours ago. Talked to a nurse. She said someone would call me back about a pain killer. They are normally open til 8EST. I called at 7:40 EST, the service was on. I left a message for a call back.

The on call doctor called me back, he said to make an appointment, that he couldn't prescribe without one. I asked 'how do you suppose I get there?' That was not an argument he understood. I have a BIKE. I have an aunt that is sometimes available, but she already took me downtown today ans then picked me up at the ER. She does not live close.

The on call dr kept saying 'I don;t know what to tell you Tracy." In regard to presenting myself for an appointment. The ER sent the chart visit to my primary dr. Not enough I guess.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
A friend just showed up at the door with the largest bottle of SoCo I have ever seen. Gonna work on a few shots and return.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

rock out! lol

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: reldraYeah that is because that mix is for migraines.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join