It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This NOT Giving Painkillers Unless Your Head has Been Cut Off is Insanity

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I have only ever taken pain medication approximately three or four times in my entire life, for which I am glad. A localized injection for my right hand after it was shredded by glass (well, shredded is hyperbole, there are only four large scars), a lower power general anaesthetic (commonly referred to as laughing gas) during a trip to the dentist, and one or two non-prescription tablets. That way, the effect will not be dulled for when I really need them. However, an unwillingness to medicate for situations where the pain is actually hampering your ability to function is ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

Hey, there is a reason we are still in Afghanistan. Party of it is so that Americans can keep up their cheap legal opiate addiction. I accidentally jammed a 4 inch #0 flathead through the length of my hand two months ago. Thankfully it was thin like an ice pick and did not shred any tendons. It closed up in a week, and not once did it cross my mind to grab pain meds. I know just from the people I regularly see that 90% of America would have immediately ran to a physician with the waterworks demanding and lusting for that sweet sweet feel of legalized drug addiction.

That is just my experience, and my opinion. Its not like I lost a friend during the height of the pill mill epidemic though while he was mixing his drugs with other drugs AND alcohol. I suspect he was suicidal at that point in time, but we will never know.

I also remember the lines that stretched for blocks where everyone would get their pills for something as simple as sunburn (as if that would be treated by opiates) while the doctor had butt naked women counting the cash behind his office doors and armed guards with rifles stationed in front. I was forcibly removed once for trying to take video, but I had the last laugh. Other witnesses came forward, investigation went through, and that bastard is still in prison to this day, his cash all gone.

I do not have a very favorable opinion of pain medication because I saw its horrors of addiction with a front row seat. Saw a lot of good people become nothing more than zombies.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

Let's see the video.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Negative, I don't even remember what camera I was using at the time, that was like 2007-2010. Pretty sure it was a cheap vivitar I bought at walmart in those cheap plastic packaging. I do remember using a 512 mb sd card though, I have not seen any of those laying around in years. Plus I was not actually involved in any criminal investigation, I was just curious at the time and wanted to see what was up after reading in the news about witnesses seeing naked women counting cash (yup you guessed it, I wanted to see naked women). I did see the armed guards though.
Here are some other videos out of Florida with similar circumstance .

Night activity

From Broward county

This video out of Atlanta is similar to what I saw everyday. Driving down MLK close to the Womens Hospital in Tampa.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

I submitted the Afghanistan connection on the 1st page. When they went from producing 7% of the world's opium in 2001 when The Taliban was in charge to close to 90% today, so it has 'grown' close to 83% during 'The War' so who woulda thunk that war/combat is conducive to opium cultivation?

Maybe We can change the lyrics of this tune???

"WAR, whats it good for? Absolutely nothin but growing more opium.. Hey..."

You also mentioned the infamous Flori-Duh Pill Mills.. Many of those have been taking over by Quick-Care Health Centers, aka StripMall Drs. Remember the Fl. Law which drug tested Welfare Recipients? In these places the tests cost $34.00 in Fl. hospitals the tests averaged $150.00 Where would You go to buy Your test?
Guess who owns these places? The Governor, Rick Scott. The same Rick Scott who spent $75M USD for a job that pays $237k/yr. That law was repealed due to the Governor's "Conflict of Interest". Remember the Gov. got this $$$ in a Healthcare Scheme out of Alabama..

O.P.- Is Cannabis legal where You are? There is a strain for EVERY pain. You can get some w/pain fighting properties, You know if it is legal there...

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

"WAR, whats it good for? Absolutely nothin but growing more opium.. Hey..."

We should rename our government to Dr. Frankenstein.

The monsters they keep creating are going to eat us alive.

We keep forgetting that you never:
Feed them after midnight.
Let them get wet.
Expose them to sunlight.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

You dont need it. I just threw my roommate out for abusing Oxy and Lorazepam. You sound just like him plus you drink as well. Inappropriate. The people who complain about not being prescribed painkillers are the exact people who should never be prescribed painkillers. Sorry. The doctor made the right call. Do you have a problem with his age? Clearly the 22 year old has better decision making skills than you. Respect the position and be appreciative that someone is willing to help you.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

You are the expert on this person's pain? Did you even look at what you typed before you hit send? You had a bad experience so now everyone needs no painkillers?!

That has to stop. I'm sorry but I just went through this in the ER last month for my child and it has me raging.

Did you know there are studies done with crazy results proving redheads feel pain different? (my child isn't a red head)

The point is : offer sympathy, ask how they are or keep it moving and read something else.
edit on 23-6-2016 by Iamthatbish because: Predict a text killing me

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

I'll trust the professionals opinion and not a person who whines about needing drugs. Sound good? Did you ever stop and think that not everyone knows what's best for themselves? Derp.

I hurt my foot now feed me opiates!!! Addicts and scripts...you know it's bad when the person demanding the drugs refers to them as scripts.
edit on 24-6-2016 by BrokedownChevy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

Also, did you just say that the denial of addictive drugs makes you rage? Sounds like the doctors made the right choice for your child because you are incapable of making sound decisions. Again, that's why they're the trained professionals and you are not. Just because you exist doesn't give you a right to tell trained professionals how safe painkillers are or how they should be prescribed. They're dangerous and lethal. They should be used in dire circumstances. For example, you're a German soldier and it's WWI. You've just taken a blunt round through the thigh and you're bleeding out. In this case, painkillers are necessary because you're going to die anyways and a pointless crude field surgery requires these powerful drugs to keep you from flopping around.

And no one cares about an unknown and probably false study which you didn't even cite. I highly doubt you even understand the study.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
So now we have the new round of drugs being pushed, just because they are so concerned about what is best for us.

Found this in a new letter being sent to doctors.

Friend,

As you know, our nation is facing a growing opioid epidemic. With 78 people dying every day from this crisis, it's time that physicians take action. Here are three ways you can help:

1. Register for your state's Prescription Drug Monitoring Program By registering for your state's Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP), you can gain access to necessary patient information required to prescribe opioids safely. Recent studies have found that physician use of PDMPs can substantially reduce this epidemic. Learn more about PDMPs.

2. Expand access to naloxone in the community and through co-prescribing Co-prescribing Naloxone has saved tens of thousands of lives and can be an important tool in fighting back against the opioid abuse epidemic. See how residents in one state are using Naloxone to provide more informed care to their patients.

3.Enhance your education of effective, evidence-based prescribing

Naloxone - The new Dilaudid.

We are being manipulated again folks.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join