It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May Is Officially Earth's Hottest Month On Record.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Something has changed. Look at the jet stream.

You have been getting California's warmer air because the jet stream has shifted from an eastern to a northern direction from the Pacific. That same shift has brought abnormally cold air from the Arctic into the Deep South the past few winters. It caused the big drought in California the past few years, is probably the driving force behind the Arctic Melt, and is presently cooking the Southwest.

The question is what's causing it.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: DBCowboy

But CO2 is real, human activity is adding it to the atmosphere and it's having a real effect. It must be nice having the logic of a 5 year old. I'd like to believe that a bandage makes my boo boos go away.

No, their logic says that the threat of even buying a bandage means the boo boo isn't even real.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
You "Climies" shouldn't worry.

I figure at the rate we're going, soon skeptics like me will be punished if we dare speak out against you.

That way, you won't have to worry about anyone speaking out against your high tax and authoritarian changes.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

So that's a no on hearing about revenue neutral taxes?

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Actually, the California law is so vaguely written that we can sue alarmists when their predictions don't pan out either. The dumbasses opened a two way street for litigation. On the plus side though, the warmies have missed just about every prediction so far. Serves the bastards right.

I hope somebody with the time and money sues the hell out of all of them.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

You have been getting California's warmer air because the jet stream has shifted from an eastern to a northern direction from the Pacific.
That's not actually how it works. The location of the jet stream is determined by the conditions of the atmosphere below it.

Contrary to popular belief, the jet stream does not "cause" weather conditions of a certain type to occur. Its existence is instead the result of certain weather conditions (a large temperature contrast between two air masses).
www.weatherquestions.com...

Changes in the large scale distribution of warm and cool air. Generally, the polar jet (the one you're talking about, there is also the sub-tropical jet) seems to be moving northward. This could be further indication of increased warming of temperate regions. In effect, temperate climates are moving north. Arctic climates are receding.

Another effect which has been observed is increased "waviness" of the jet. This is probably what you are referring to. It is thought that this is a result of the more rapid warming of the Arctic.
iopscience.iop.org...

edit on 6/19/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

Actually, the California law is so vaguely written that we can sue alarmists when their predictions don't pan out either.
Please provide a link to the law.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Sorry, it looks like 1161 died.

michellemalkin.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Look, so many bought the "hope and change" hype from Obama. And you're still at it.

Only now, you think government is going to save you from a cloud or a hot summer.

To even start discussing more taxes is self-defeating and I'd rather not go down that road.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Right. Though I am admittedly not very knowledgeable on the subject, from what Iv'e read I'm leaning towards the earth is going through a natural cycle and we are heading towards a mini ice age.

In history I'm pretty sure there have been these mini ice ages where places far north like Alaska actually become sort of tropical while everything else freezes. I think that's what's happening now.

I also think maybe man is causing this cycle to speed up and act more erratic and unpredictable. I don't think we have zero effect, never in history has there been so much man made pollution. I feel like we have to have some effect./
edit on 19-6-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

That is not a link to the law, or bill.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

There ya go.

leginfo.legislature.ca.gov...

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Right... let's just be happy in thinking things happen by magic.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Right... let's just be happy in thinking things happen by magic.

Thing is, nothing happens by magic and nothing changes.

Obama didn't save you. Gore won't save you. More taxes won't save you. Government won't save you.

I'm not the one who believes in fiction.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Ah. So, it was an amendment which extended the time limitation of a previous law and added direct reference to deceptive business practices regarding climate change.

SEC. 3. Section 342.5 is added to the Code of Civil Procedure, to read:

342.5. (a) (1) Notwithstanding Section 17208 of the Business and Professions Code, an action pursuant to Chapter 5 (commencing with Section 17200) of Part 2 of Division 7 of the Business and Professions Code against a corporation, firm, partnership, joint stock company, association, or other organization of persons that has directly or indirectly engaged in unfair competition, as defined in Section 17200 of the Business and Professions Code, with respect to scientific evidence regarding the existence, extent, or current or future impacts of anthropogenic-induced climate change that would otherwise be barred as of January 1, 2017, solely because the statute of limitation has or had expired, is revived and, in that case, the action may be commenced within four years of January 1, 2017. Nothing in this subdivision shall be construed to alter the applicable limitation period of an action that is not time barred as of January 1, 2017.
(2) Paragraph (1) does not apply to actions alleging claims described in paragraph (1) for which a final and nonappealable judgment has been rendered.
(b) This section applies only to actions brought by the Attorney General or a district attorney.

So, it wasn't about "predictions" at all. So, it wasn't about suing anyone over speaking against AGW.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Right, more like trying to stop climate alarmism, and needlessly scaring the public.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
No. More like stopping companies from knowingly lying to their customers. Sort of like tobacco companies did. In order to be convicted, the AG would have to show that the company knew one thing and told its customers something else.

But like I said, the law was already in place. All the bill would have actually done is extended the statute of limitations for such infractions.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I never actually said I believe a carbon tax is the best solution. The best solution would be for idiots to pull their heads out of their bums and interact with the market as if we have a major crisis on our hands because we do... if we end up with carbon taxes it will be because of people like you.

And actually Carbon taxes do work in places.
edit on 6/19/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Yes, by all means, blame me for taxes and the climate.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Rolling your eyes would have taken less effort than posting... just sayin'.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join