It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May Is Officially Earth's Hottest Month On Record.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   
This is interesting, and very worrying, don't think it's been posted yet. Results of NASA data showing the climate is changing far faster than any of the models predicted:

May Hottest Month Ever

Our climate is changing, and quickly: NASA says May 2016 was the hottest month on the planet since we started keeping records, with the Arctic in particular seeing temperatures way above what might normally be expected.

"Abnormal is the new normal," said David Carlson from the World Climate Research Programme, which helped collate the data.

Alaska had its warmest spring on record by a "wide margin", the statistics show, while temperatures in Finland during May were 3-5°C higher than they usually are at this time of year. All told, the all-time record for a May temperature was broken in 20 observation stations across the world.

There's more: Australia has just had its warmest autumn on record (1.86°C above average), and a new low was logged in terms of snow and ice cover in the Arctic, with a mere 12 million square kilometres (4.63 million square miles) averaged over the month. That's almost 1.4 million square kilometres (537,000 square miles) below the long-term average measured from 1981 to 2010.

< snip >

Now no matter what is causing it, it's happening. And it's something I fear we all need to be a lot more concerned about than we are.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Oh, really? Is that why here in Quebec we had a cold spell in the middle of May, with temperatures 10° C below average, and even a snowfall which persisted for over 12 hours?

Or why it's only 17° C in Paris?

Or was it warm only in areas where no one lives, so that no one can prove the claim false?

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Not here is the UK it wasnt.. It has been an awful summer so far.. Even last week was very cold for June weather..

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   

May Is Officially Earth's Hottest Month On Record.

The only problem with this kind of "scary speech" they never put a time . Just the record . When , a year ago ? 10 ? 30 ? 10,000 1,000,000? Tell us what time frame and what they mean y "recorded".

Just scrolled down :

From the looks of it, 2016 is on course to be the hottest year we've seen since we started measuring temperatures properly in the 1950s,

That goes back some time, Not
Hades, I go back that far.
Just more horse crap

edit on 6/19/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

when its hot one place, its often cold another place.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Ohw ell, we better give the government more power, pay for Al Gore's carbon credits and then convert to Islam.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   
In Europe we had the month with the most rain pouring down.

Several serious floods in Germany, a RockFestival had to be cancelled, 50 people injured because of lightning. 2 weeks before that 30 injured by ligthning at a football match.

And its ongoing, seems the bad weather just stays here with humid and cold air,while the het bubble stays in america.

Reminds me of that Emmerich movie "The day after tomorrow" just in reverse.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Right, but what's the global temperature?

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Right, but what's the global temperature?

For 2016?

Unavailable until 2017. Unless you've got a TARDIS time machine, of course.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   

For May 2016 vs any other month in the temperature record...

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
If only someone would just raise our taxes and save us!

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

i agree with the save us part.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

I think it's the 'heat wave' before the 'mini ice age' scenario, perhaps i'm too hopeful?

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   

send it to BC.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Yet throughout the last 18 years there has been no global temperature increase, according to the NOAA satellites, NASA satellites, and observations on the ground, are these 'hot' years inside peoples heads? perhaps 'they' don't deduct the cold temps from the hot ones for an average? or add all the temperatures and divide by two?

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

Demonstrate for us.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
Not here is the UK it wasnt.. It has been an awful summer so far.. Even last week was very cold for June weather..

Not here in the UK it wasnt - been a great summer so far and even last week was a bit warmer than usual for June

edit: the current June CET (central England temp) to the 18th is 1.9c above the 1961-90 average (which is the standard WMO comparison period, although many met agencies now use 1981-10). May, overall, was 1.4c above ave.
edit on 19-6-2016 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

Oh, really? Is that why here in Quebec we had a cold spell in the middle of May, with temperatures 10° C below average, and even a snowfall which persisted for over 12 hours?

Or why it's only 17° C in Paris?

Or was it warm only in areas where no one lives, so that no one can prove the claim false?

I'm shaking my head. You have been on ATS long enough to have been given many many opportunities to look things up and prevent you from sounding ignorant. I'll give you two clues : Weather and Jet Stream.

Look them up, educate yourself.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

The north east coast of North America has only recently been experiencing (this weekend) typical weather for this time of year. Cold rain and cool sunny days have been on going since March/April.

However the central region has been having it's dose of heat waves.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Whether or not something is taxed doesn't have a bearing on it's existence. The game I bought my son yesterday must be a UN... er Chinese conspiracy because I paid a tax on it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join