It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Possible Inauguration Threat: Limo Bombs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
With the thousands of limousines that will be crowding the nations capital during the Presidents inauguration security officials are focusing on a report seized from al-Qaeda last year. The report is entitled "Rough Presentation for Gas Limo Project". A limo would be a perfect vehicle to use for a car bomb - they're quite large, have tinted windows, require no special skill to drive and don't seem out of place at such an event.

www.time.com
As Washington gears up for the first Inaugural of the post-9/11 era, one potential security threat has emerged as a particular focus of concern: vehicle-borne improvised explosive devices, or VBIEDS, possibly disguised as limousines. The fears were prompted in part, say U.S. intelligence sources, by a 39-page document seized from al-Qaeda last year, titled "Rough Presentation for Gas Limo Project." It lays out a scenario for using limousines to deliver bombs equipped with cylinders of a flammable gas. Though the Inauguration is not specifically mentioned, parts of the document began circulating among senior U.S. intelligence authorities on Jan. 5. In response, barriers have been set up to block any vehicle bent on destruction.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Nothing can be taken for granted any more. I'm sure all the vehicles that will be getting in close proximity to the VIP's will be heavily searched. There are a lot of other events that happen around the country that very important people attend in limo's though.

Terrorists are pretty inventive, huh?

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
FBI Reports Suspicious Activity on Inauguration Route

[edit on 16-1-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I think they should reconsider and have a low key affair in the basement of the White House. During times of such a controversial war it is not a good idea to have the most lavish of inaugurations. This extravaganza is so lavish its intended to not sit very well with the non-Bush crowd and my guess is thats why they're doing it. Its an in-your-face event to show the world who the king is. Not a good idea.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Like many so-called "terror alerts" brought to you by the administration of the Bush who cried wolf, this is highly suspect.

Potential "threats" are more likely to be used as a reason to stop public protests against the criminal who goes by the label "president".

In much the same way as they were used to prevent access to post-election counting sessions in several counties in Ohio as part of the recent election fraud.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I think they should reconsider and have a low key affair in the basement of the White House. During times of such a controversial war it is not a good idea to have the most lavish of inaugurations. This extravaganza is so lavish its intended to not sit very well with the non-Bush crowd

I agree with that totally. Johnson was inaugurated on Air Force One, of course that was due to Kennedy's assassination, but none-the-less nowhere is it mandated that it needs to be a circus. Low-key would have been a great PR move and the much safer option.

[edit on (1/16/0505 by PistolPete]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I believe the us army uses electronic ID's on their vehicles to prevent friendly fire, It could be used as well to tag friendly limo's, also GPS on the limoss for realtime tracing all their whereabouts, will add a few extra dollars to the whole circus, but since things have gotten this far, why not?

[edit on 16-1-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
No matter what they do or what precautions they take, the fact is a determined and crafty "terrorist" can get in with a weapon or find some way to conceal said weapon. Also considering IMHO any "threat" would be orchestrated by the govt. itself, they would know exactly where to "discover" it. There will be no danger to George himself to be sure, but it wouldn't suprise me if something was rigged as a reminder of the "continuing danger of terrorism."

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
There have been so many times and events where I have expected a terrorist attack to happen yet it hasn't. The anniversarys of sept. 11 for example. There have been holidays and events and major gatherings of people that I thought something would happen but it hasn't yet. The thing is the terrorists are patient.

They planned sept. 11 for a long stinking time. It was years after the first world trade center bombing too. I doubt it is going to happen this time. But the fact is the terrorists are winning. Their goal is to undermine the u.s. economy. That is why they hit the trade centers using planes. A double whammy. They put fear on us and make us spend and get in debt to protect ourselves and they win. We spend millions on special events such as the times square ball dropping. They did nothing. So we lost and were terrorized even though there was no attack. They are attacking us daily with fear and diminishing our countries economy.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
A grenade lobbed at medium range, a sniper off set by a mile, a poison nickle mixed in with the president's change at Denny's, whatever. Terrorists could build a trebuchet in their apartment, in proximity to the parade route, disassemble it, reassemble it on the roof, and have the means to hurl goats infected with Anthrax at the procession. My point is, if there were really thousands of arab boogeymen out to hurt you, they would have, or they will. I think it's been blown out of proportion to help foster a culture of fear. If they wanted to kill that monotone meat puppet, they would have. Just like if any American freedom fighters cared enough, they would have. Most people know the guy is just a bobble head doll with something like 13 different special interest fists up his backside. I wouldn't be surprised if the real play makers and back room guys want this moron Bush dead, because it would take the heat off them a little and help enforce order when all the gasbag, uneducated Kerry-brand liberals go back to watching the TV just to see the footage of the assasination. Back and to the left. The goat is descending fast, it bleats once before impact. The president looks up just in time to see the wide, bloodshot, terror stricken eyes of the goat approaching at .5 mach, then the goat takes his head clean off his body and reveals the tiny naked man sitting at the controls in the jugular region. Back and to the left.

The supposed Al Qaeda was a term made up by Wolfowitz in a meeting. It's a catch all for terrorists who are Muslims or support Muslim causes.

9/11 was a false flag operation. Box cutter wielding terrorists do not have the capability to overcome the most advanced, fully automated missle defense system in the world, the one that surrounds and protects the Pentagon. Box Cutters don't come with FOF transponders do they, not the last time I checked.

Limo bombs at least are crimes within the means of Muslim Extremist Terrorists, I would be more inclined to believe something to that effect. I'm amazed it took our goverment this long just to understand the benefit of plausability when conducting false flag ops.

I think G.W. is going to pull the classic Godfather routine. Some military strike somewhere, or the announcement of aliens, or something. It's too much pomp and circumstance to just be in bad taste. I can see it now, President Bush walks to the podium, and unzips his face for the camera, then shrugs in mute, submissive apology.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I don't think anything will happen this week..the terrorists will likely attack on an ordinary day like any other with no speicial event or anything.....just like Sept. 11th. But I have a feeling it will be sooner than later. I'm really surprised that it hasn't happen yet.

new topics

top topics

join