It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sweden leads the race to become cashless society

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

“I don’t use cash any more, for anything,” said Louise Henriksson, 26, a teaching assistant. “You just don’t need it. Shops don’t want it; lots of banks don’t even have it. Even for a candy bar or a paper, you use a card or phone.”

Swedish buses have not taken cash for years, it is impossible to buy a ticket on the Stockholm metro with cash, retailers are legally entitled to refuse coins and notes, and street vendors – and even churches – increasingly prefer card or phone payments.

www.theguardian.com...

This process is already happening in America.

This will get to the point that all cash will be eliminated all together in all countries.

Soon you will not be able to horde unaccountable cash under the mattress.

I also believe this will squash all Black Markets, in the drug and gun trade as well. Meaning all your money better be accountable, this is a wet dream for the IRS, everything will be tax.

Also giving you little control over your money. It will be mandatory that all US citizens will have to have a bank account in order to do any transactions.

The very same banks that have no accountability to Washington Politicians will still be in control. Like I have always said in many forums about NWO, he who controls the money controls everything.

I think some people believe this is a good thing, however they don't understand that this will strip your freedoms of making money under the table, those days will become an end one day.

ATSer's what is your opinion of the world going cashless?

edit on 5-6-2016 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

I don't like it.

I prefer cash.

The wealthy and drug cartels will love it since they're tied to politicians who will cover for them. In fact, it'd be a perfect money-laundering scheme.
edit on 5-6-2016 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   
the american congress is owned by crooks, they like cash

our cash is never going away, lol

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Time to start bartering.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I don't know, everyone's accounts will have to be transparent, people will have to explain where all their extras money is coming from, meaning even politicians will have to account for every penny in their accounts as well.

I do agree that we have corrupt politions who probably do money laundry with some corrupt Bankers, there is plenty of evidence of this, all over the internet.

Banks being caught for money laundry for drug cartels and only getting a slap on the wrist. Yet, if I or you do it, it's a Federal offence.

Banks Financing Mexico Drug Gangs Admitted in Wells Fargo Deal

www.bloomberg.com...

Money Laundering and The Drug Trade: The Role of the Banks

www.globalresearch.ca...

How a big US bank laundered billions from Mexico's murderous drug gangs

www.theguardian.com...

I believe the big Banks are above the laws of our land. Is there something I missed in the Constitutions about this?
edit on 5-6-2016 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   

It's the New World Orders blue print for the Mark of the Beast plan for humanity.

The writing is on the wall for me,the cashless society will be forwarded under the guise of the war on terror.

Add into this that the E.U. is pushing for every person to have Government I.D. to get onto the internet and we can already see in China you are going to get a citizen rating based on what you say and what websites you visit and what your collection of friends say.

It will be a Despots dream of total control whereby if you are judged a Political dissident you will just be branded a domestic terrorist and your digital line of living will be cut off.
Add in all the future taxes they will conveniently steal out of your bank account such as Carbon taxes and banker bail ins and the banking parasite elite will dictate life on Planet Earth.

edit on 5-6-2016 by southbeach because: Grammar

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest

You maybe laughing, but I feel your laugh at the present time is real. Cash is never going to go away.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   
so i guess that is the global currency the elite are pushing for: a currency of data, common to all but real for none

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Much of money supply worldwide has consisted of digital information for sometime.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   
But they will have to devalue precious metals as people can trade in them

The thing with precious metals is they are already ver valued by a huge percentage, precious metals will have to come under some kind of scrutiny as well.
Won't be to long before we are all government property, walking money machines with no value outside of what we own. Dehumanizing humanity

On the upside, the sooner it happens, the sooner it will all end

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   

exactly right but more importantly it enables TPTB to develop very detailed profiles of us all for the purpose of knowing how approach us, how to get know us, what to enage us on, how to gain our confidence, how to threaten us, what our vulnerabilities are so they know how blackmail us, so they know what buttons to push to get us to react in an specific given way etc.

With a cashless society:

A cashless economy means that you will never be able to keep your money anywhere other than in a bank. Hence, those bail in laws.

cash cannot be traced to an individual.

credit cards pins are often known by others but cashless it 100% traceable to the individual

cashless will be considered 100% proof in court and lead to conviction each and every time.

cashless enables 100% traceability of every transaction you ever do in from the cradle to the grave.

It also makes it impossible for you to put a little money in jar in a cupboard in case of an emergency.

Cashless enables central banks to impose negative interest rates in hard times because you can’t take your money out of the bank for safe keeping, that is, without it costing you.

Cashless means there will be no ‘run’ on the banks. It works like this. Suppose the govt or the bank imposes a withdrawal tax of 10% and limits withdrawals. It means they can then push interest rates into negative territory because you will then choose to lend money out at negative -5 or -6% because that’s less than the 10% withdrawal tax is'nt it? Gotcha by the short and curleys.

Legalising street drugs will be the sign they are clearing the way for the start of a cashless world.

edit on 5-6-2016 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I'm not worried. This is Britain and they'll never get rid of the pound. ££££

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I really do hate my goverment. And the swedish banks.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: yeahsurexxx
I really do hate my goverment. And the swedish banks.

Why? You have wonderful cultural enrichment.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   
It is the 'i' generation that will become cashless I think - A lot of us old farts like cash

But the younger generations already use their phones to pay for just about everything and rarely seem to carry cash.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Ur wrong. Cash is still vibrant in Sweden. And u can get on the bus for cash only that u pay for ur ticket before hand at the station. The same way it is on many countries. No well all be long dead before cash is gone. Thank goodness for old people.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
It wouldn't hurt my feelings if we did away with coins. I hate those nasty things.

I mean Pennies! OOH, Good God Ya'll, what are they good for? Absolutely nothing!

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I am pretty much cashless when I travel to London to work.

A cashless society would challenge some professions, mostly those illegal ones.

I like cash, but I also like to be cashless.
edit on 5/6/2016 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

You maybe laughing, but I feel your laugh at the present time is real. Cash is never going to go away.

it better not, I have to replace my debit/atm card twice a year, and that's just for my daily dunkin donuts purchase, the strip wears out. I can't imagine depending on that card for every purchase.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Electronic trails are even easier to cover than paper ones.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join