It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sweden leads the race to become cashless society

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
the american congress is owned by crooks, they like cash

our cash is never going away, lol

You maybe laughing, but I feel your laugh at the present time is real. Cash is never going to go away.

it better not, I have to replace my debit/atm card twice a year, and that's just for my daily dunkin donuts purchase, the strip wears out. I can't imagine depending on that card for every purchase.

Don't worry. They'll chip you soon enough. That won't wear out nearly as quickly.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
But they will have to devalue precious metals as people can trade in them

The thing with precious metals is they are already ver valued by a huge percentage, precious metals will have to come under some kind of scrutiny as well.
Won't be to long before we are all government property, walking money machines with no value outside of what we own. Dehumanizing humanity

On the upside, the sooner it happens, the sooner it will all end

On the bright side, they'll never completely get rid of it. People will build their own grey/black economies using barter and/or some item that will have value placed on it like cash.

The Native Americans used strings of sea shells for example. We might see that revived.

Fallout uses bottle caps.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
SnF. Good pint on the wounded spot. They create so amazing things to distract us from te few primary weapons they will use. This is one. People should not disregard it.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958

“I don’t use cash any more, for anything,” said Louise Henriksson, 26, a teaching assistant. “You just don’t need it. Shops don’t want it; lots of banks don’t even have it. Even for a candy bar or a paper, you use a card or phone.”

Swedish buses have not taken cash for years, it is impossible to buy a ticket on the Stockholm metro with cash, retailers are legally entitled to refuse coins and notes, and street vendors – and even churches – increasingly prefer card or phone payments.

www.theguardian.com...

Swedish buses may not take cash, but the same is true for buses in many other countries, such as the UK.

Swedish banks, however, are forced to provide bank accounts for (almost) free, and a good source of income is currency exchange margins and fees (which is part of the reason that Sweden hasn't joined the euro yet - good lobbying by the banks there) and debit and credit card transaction fees. Most bank branches also don't handle cash at all for the sake of 'safety', however the central bank in Sweden is not pleased since part of their banking license is to provide cash services - which they clearly fail at providing.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=20813149]Informer1958

I also believe this will squash all Black Markets, in the drug and gun trade as well. Meaning all your money better be accountable, this is a wet dream for the IRS, everything will be tax.

Nope, the black market will never go away, it will either drive the prices up so they can pay the tax (I know sat tv engineer who runs his own business but rarely actually fits sat dishes but has lots of receipts
)

OR

People will find other means of trading, actual physical objects like gold and gems cant go digital but can be turned into real currency with very little paper trail, most people have some sort of gold but no receipts for it so there's plenty of hidden money out there already
This would be my option but then I'm like a magpie and love shiny things

edit on 18-7-2016 by TigStar82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   
So, there goes the whole "Private Transactions"

Nice....

Sarcasm/

So people are all excited and Pro about there being a complete and total history of their transactions.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

They are the same people who got excited about needing a chip in their hand to get into buildings, and let hundreds of thousands of culturally incompatible migrants into their country.

Generally anything Sweden does should be considered a bad idea.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

A world without cash, can you imagine that?
I tihnk it wont certainly make life any easier, it will just make it different. Cause people have relied on any form of cash for centuries, even before that, they relied on trading goods for services and vice versa. I think that countries are ruining cash as well, because take Columbia for example, its crazy out there

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I went to Subway today for my favourite chicken and bacon ranch, got to the counter to see a 'sorry cash only' sign, their card machine wasn't working, I use my card for everything, I rarely carry cash, luckily I was with my wife who hoards spare change lol.
What will happen in a cashless society if something as simple as a broken card machine happens and we cant pay for our goods, can we write an IOU or would we just have to go hungry?

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

While credit cards and the like usually end up being instruments of the surveillence state, not all cashless currencies, theoretical or otherwise, end up this way.

...BUT the only thing that's close to a free electronic currency is stuff like bitcoin and I doubt Sweden is going to do that, so in this case I don't like it.
edit on 24-7-2016 by winterwind93 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I don't like the idea of cashless either. I have a bit in doge coin but haven't been in ages so have no idea what's up with that now.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The thing with precious metals is they are already ver valued by a huge percentage, precious metals will have to come under some kind of scrutiny as well.
Won't be to long before we are all government property, walking money machines with no value outside of what we own. Dehumanizing humanity

On the bright side, they'll never completely get rid of it. People will build their own grey/black economies using barter and/or some item that will have value placed on it like cash.

The Native Americans used strings of sea shells for example. We might see that revived.

Sunset Sarsaparilla to the rescue
Unless it is a star bottle cap

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: monkeyluv
Much of money supply worldwide has consisted of digital information for sometime.

Except in a world turning to negative interest rates, you'd always have the option of withdrawing to cash to preserve wealth, So if the banks are to survive under negative interest rates they must force you to loose wealth by locking you into their system.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
So, there goes the whole "Private Transactions"

Nice....

Sarcasm/

So people are all excited and Pro about there being a complete and total history of their transactions.

If you are not engaged in any illegal transactions, you have nothing to worry about
Chuckle, Just had to throw that tired phrase out there before someone else does with seriousness.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Medieval japan literally used bags of rice as currency.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend

Much of money supply worldwide has consisted of digital information for sometime.

Except in a world turning to negative interest rates, you'd always have the option of withdrawing to cash to preserve wealth, So if the banks are to survive under negative interest rates they must force you to loose wealth by locking you into their system.

I just read about this negative interest crap this morning, my bank Natwest who I use for my savings and my business account will start to charge me for being in good credit WTF?!?
Looks like i'm going back to my good old days of keeping my extra cash in shoe boxes (well Nike trainer boxes lol)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TigStar82

If that doesn't cause a run on banks, nothing will.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend

Most money worldwide does not consist of cash.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
my most private transactions have been digitally for years now.

posted on Apr, 14 2021 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

.. it enables TPTB to develop very detailed profiles of us all for the purpose of knowing how approach us, how to get know us, what to enage us on, how to gain our confidence, how to threaten us, what our vulnerabilities are so they know how blackmail us, so they know what buttons to push to get us to react in an specific given way etc.

Sorry to say, but this sounds a bit naïve to me.

Do you really think they will let us have the freedom of thought, so they'd have to resort to 'threatening' anyone?

You don't seem to understand the masonic mindset. They're not out to JUST control the external, they want to make us not only consent and agree, but to BEG to be oppressed. Only THEN is their sadistic, pervertic, demonic lust for total control satisfied. When they have our minds and souls, not only our bodies, only THEN is their plan complete.

The microchip is not there for convenience. The cashless society leads to microchips, microchips lead to microchip implants, microchip implants lead to direct thought control.

They have no need to 'threaten' anyone, that'd be so clumsy. They want people to beg for microchip, and then they can control their thoughts 100%. With a push of a button (or a swipe of a touchscreen), they can make someone commit suicide or think a certain way, or flip to think the complete opposite way.

I know it sounds far-fetched, but this was prophecied to me in early 1990s, together with everything else that SEEMED just as far-fetched, but which is now actual reality (microchips under dogs' skins are a common, accepted reality already). Almost everything in that prophecy has come true so far, so I don't see why this wouldn't, also.

I have my doubts about technology, as we have seen modern computers and their quirks, bugs, and illogical design - so maybe their mind control-chips aren't very effective or sophisticated, either. Even auto-driving cars have accidents.

However, when we look at how far technology has advanced since early 1990s, it's starting to look inevitable, that the microchip will be eventually debugged until it just works. Also, since they are always a few decades ahead in technology that the public ever sees, I wouldn't put anything past them. According to some people (sorry, can't remember the source), they had a Gigaherz CPU in the seventies. (Even 1 MHz was a big deal for the public at the time, and even in the eighties they still created new computers with roughly 1 MHz CPUs).

If this is any scale on how much more advanced -their- tech is compared to -our- (the public) tech, we might be in way more trouble than what you're describing here. What you're talking about sounds like petty mob tactics, that maybe Yakuza would employ. You're not describing evil, demonic, super high-tech, high-level, ancient agenda-based control methods that will satisfy even the greediest control freak of the highest degree.

Remember that there are also actual demons involved, entities beyond the veil that are driving this agenda by controlling the people on this side. Moloch is not just a symbol or effigy.. it's what calls the shots - the worshippers of it are just followers, not leaders (except of the clueless masses of this planet's easily BS-impressed people).

Anyway, I've said enough... your comment was good, but it didn't quite strike me as paranoid and crazy enough to reach the insanity of the reality we're facing.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join