It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"My God! It's Full of Galaxies!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

It's illogical to think we're alone when you think how many galaxies there are that we can "see"

And yet there is Fermi's Paradoxx - deduced by a logical mathematician after all....

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

so we're not in "the center" where the Big Bang occurred

Its not like a usual explosion, there is no centre

math.ucr.edu...

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

T'is a shame that humans are the only sentient lifeforms in existence, ever, to behold such wonders.

Praise the LORD for creating all of this just for me us - FYI everyone, in the pic we're the planet just over there to the left and down a bit, squint a little and you can just make us out, we're about one one thousandth the size of this fullstop period I'm gonna finish off with just here .

We are alone.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
They should point it at earth... why not shots of our solar system like that , and get shots of earth, venus, mercury and sun and moon as to dispel a lot of myths.

.... no i don't want artistic touched up images or artist concepts... actual raw images

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: MarsIsRed

Aldebaran is my favourite - Radius only 30.76 million km!!!!! hahaha. Thanks for the video

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

when I think in the somewhat distant future we will one day collide with Andromeda a sadness at the loss of life and the vitality it brings to a place on a planet.

There is no permanent death, life will spring again. If you believe in "evolutionists" stories, life will begin again out of some "soup" There is sadness, and then joy in new beginnings.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Chronogoblin

How do you know that it's real? Take their word for it?

They could be softening us up for "disclosure" Sitchins Nibiru may be approaching , our overlords will helicopter down to collect their gold and snack on a few humans.

I sometimes wonder if we do live in a matrix or worse a Universe like the movie "Dark City"

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ericthedoubter

The expanding Universe doesn't sit right with me.I find it puzzling that within the first few minutes of the Universe's existence,it must have expanded at considerably more than the speed of light.

Of course,the available space was also expanding at the same time,so perhaps it isn't so curious.

It would mean that the Universe wasn't expanding at more than the speed of light,rather,it was moving at the speed of existence...or potential....moving at the speed of available space.

Blast.This requires more cogitation.

At the time of the big bang everything was so tightly packed together, there were no electrons, electron orbits, atomic nucleic or even photons. It was just one giant fuzzy soup of subatomic particles and exchange particles. No neutrons or protons would have meant there was no gravity. Stuff would just have whizzed apart. 99% of matter and antimatter is supposed to have annihilated each other. So we are left with sheets and strands of galactic clusters.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Infinite states of consciousness....infinite dimensions.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
That image confirms it, we are located at the tip of someone's thumbnail, and it's about to be clipped!

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace

These kind of images speak directly to my heart and mind. This is the universe we live in, with billions of galaxies, that each have billions of stars and lots of potentially habitable (and potentially inhabited) planets. To believe that we're alone in this universe is a folly.

Exactly who believes we're alone in the universe? Anybody? People bring this up all the time in this same way. It's like you are saying you are so smart for realizing we couldn't possibly be alone in the universe because there are stupid people who believe so. But I've never met a single person who expresses that sentiment--ever. It's a very good example of a classic "Straw Man" argument. You make up something to create a straw man so you can turn around and criticize it. You really ought to turn the whole thing around:

"It is folly to declare that anyone thinks we're alone in the universe."

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Phenomenal photo. I can't image what the next 1000 years will be like venturing outward.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MarsIsRed

That video does a great job at playing with your mind. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The amount of planets in the Universe? is unfathomable.

From Wiki

The Milky Way contains between 200 and 400 billion stars and at least 100 billion planets. The exact figure depends on the number of very-low-mass stars, which are hard to detect, especially at distances of more than 300 ly (90 pc) from the Sun.

What do we call this 'place' where so many galaxies reside? Is universe the correct term? I've been thinking about this thread all morning, it's been so heavily on my mind. How many other planets have intelligent life? Do the beings have gods? How about corruption? Greed? Destruction of habitat by their own hands? I would give anything, and I mean ANYTHING to have a conversation with an intelligent being from another galaxy which covers these questions and more.....and a tour of their home planet, lol.

This brings my self awareness to a completely different level.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: wildespacefantastic view-as mick said" the blue light(shift) was my baby and the red light was my mind".

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace
Wouldn't it be wonderful to be able to travel to those galaxies and visit various planets there, maybe even inhabited by our "brothers in intelligence"?

Ehm...NO.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Its not like a usual explosion, there is no centre

In an infinite Universe, everywhere is the center of it all.

Is, was and always shall be.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Interesting thought, but our brightest minds theorize that the
universe DID explode from one central point.

Of course, they could be wrong...AND, you could be right.

But if that's the case, we've already had this conversation
and, frankly, it's getting monotonous...

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

This is just amazing, awesome thread!

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
duplicate post
edit on 29-5-2016 by charlyv because: dP

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join