It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump tells California 'there is no drought'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem
Tahoe is doing ok. At least the Truckee River is flowing. And the damn at Fanny Bridge is pouring water out. The lake is at least to the natural rim line. Which it wasn't this time last year. And it was hailing in Tahoe about 2 days ago. My in laws got help up at Donner Summit this past weekend due to heavy snow.

Yea. California is doing fine. You want to know why they had "water problems"? Ask the bottled water companies. They'd rather bottle the water up and sell it back to Californians.

link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

That's what they need for So. Cal. Because they buy their water from everyone else. We have giant pipes going down there just to deliver water down south. Some Desal plants down there would at least help offset some of our problem. We could build a bunch of them for the price of this one bullet train too with money to spare.
nthe giant pipes are underground here. They are right down the road from me. We have bike trails on top of them

link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Annee

Apparently, SWP provides more than CRA.
www.mwdh2o.com...

Heavy rains don't mean sustainable water.
Nope.

In any case, Trump is wrong. California has been under a nasty drought. Not the first and not the last.

Cool.

I read up on all this a few years back, because we've been in drought for years. And then there were the water wars. Just remembered Los Angeles got its water from the Colorado River. And some from the north, but the north got mad and cut supplies, etc etc.

Recently watched the All American Canal lining project being completed in my drives back and forth from CA to AZ (controversy on that one). Mexico not happy.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   

I'm in Central Cali. Probably one of the more crappy places to be in many ways actually. But real close to the Mountains and the State Parks. About 3 hours from the Beach too.

Ahhh, I'm at the beach not far from Hollywood.

Born and raised. (except for 20 years in AZ, back now)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   
If trump says there's no drought then it is thus.

Im in OC and i remember water conservation efforts last summerto about October.. it was grim.

Hes a billionaire after all. Im sure he can influence whoever he needs to in order to give cali water again. This is America, its all about 'influencing' using money,power, other*

Lets be great again!
Trump will take america where it needs to go Asap.
edit on 28-5-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: rollanotherone
My older son was here last week and said the lake level was way up, and that it came up very fast. Tahoe holds a massive amount of water

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Mexican fieldworker Mario Mendoza, 47, had not seen the waters of the Colorado River flow through the desert of northwestern Mexico since he was a child. But after the floodgates on a dam near Los Algodones, a town on the Arizona-Mexico border, opened last year, he watched in awe as the dusty channel began to fill with water and start to flow once again toward the Sea of Cortez.

america.aljazeera.com...

Of course, the hair will have none of that. He'd turn it into a sewer outfall (under the wall, of course) at the border rather than that.

edit on 5/28/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

But doesn't most of California's water supply come from snow melt?

Los Angeles water comes from the Colorado River (Hoover/Boulder Dam) and Colorado aqueducts.

Heavy rains don't mean sustainable water.

I thought LA got their water from Mono Lake?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone
Tahoe is doing ok. At least the Truckee River is flowing. And the damn at Fanny Bridge is pouring water out. The lake is at least to the natural rim line. Which it wasn't this time last year. And it was hailing in Tahoe about 2 days ago. My in laws got help up at Donner Summit this past weekend due to heavy snow.

Yea. California is doing fine. You want to know why they had "water problems"? Ask the bottled water companies. They'd rather bottle the water up and sell it back to Californians.

They bought water rights to some places. Just like everywhere else. Poland Spring is probably the biggest in the country, as far as bottled water goes and NY is not running out of water. It is not due to bottled water companies.

I actually saw videos on the news of bottled water companies in California trucking in water for free to families without.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
My older son was here last week and said the lake level was way up, and that it came up very fast. Tahoe holds a massive amount of water

Cold water. Really really cold. I swam in it once. That was enough.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I'm in Central Cali. Probably one of the more crappy places to be in many ways actually. But real close to the Mountains and the State Parks. About 3 hours from the Beach too.

Ahhh, I'm at the beach not far from Hollywood.

Born and raised. (except for 20 years in AZ, back now)
I have family in Orange, and Redondo Beach. Dad came from San Gabrial

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Hmm, Pipe line of Alaska, not for Oil but for ice from the glaciers, A true shovel ready job, Wrap the pipe in solar heated electrical tape to keep the pipe line flowing, Have people chopping ice from big blocks to little blocks and throwing them into the pipe, End target of pipe system be the lakes that are low, fill the north one first and connect the ones south to the northern one.

There we go, More fresh water.

Gainful employment for those willing to move an chop ice.

Sure the northern ice line is receding, but the further it goes, why let it go to waste up there, Pipe it south where it will help.

There we go a ready Made Business Solution.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

They could legalize weed!!!

Or take some from the stupid bullet train that they haven't even started yet and that is way way way way over budget.

Like I said. They already built at least one plant and just let it rot and never used it.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Last summer we saw our closest lake-kaweah ( the foothills of the Sierras ) drastically change the water was so low...so I would say we have a drought. We also have a lot of water being wasted or used by companies like Nestle that are in conflict with what some might see as the priorities when residents are being asked to let their grass and flowers die.

www.latimes.com...

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Like I said. They already built at least one plant and just let it rot and never used it.

Yeah. Economics suck.
If something costs too much no one wants it. Bleh.

link   

Cold water. Really really cold. I swam in it once. That was enough.
I remember when I was a kid a diver went down and disappeared. He turned up in some other lake. People said there were underwater caves that sucked him in and spewed him out elsewhere. That was early 60s

link   

Well, compared to last year, yes. But the piers tell a different story. Talking about boat docks. When they are still above the water line. The lake has seen higher water levels, but it's 10x better than the past 3 years. The rafting companies couldn't even run last summer. This year? They'll be doing business.
And let's not forget, after and El Niño, comes the La Niña winters. I picked the wrong winter to stop teaching snowboarding at Squaw Valley. I missed out on an epic winter.

link   

a reply to: Phage

They could legalize weed!!!

Or take some from the stupid bullet train that they haven't even started yet and that is way way way way over budget.

The superseed trains are already planned all over the country. It will allow people to commute in much shorter times and for less money, opening more job opportunities. It is already set to be done.

Legalizing weed would help too for state t axes, I am sure.
edit on 28-5-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
If trump says there's no drought then it is thus.

Im in OC and i remember water conservation efforts last summerto about October.. it was grim.

He's got some very green lawns on his PV Golf course. Had to have paid someone off to build there.

www.trumpnationallosangeles.com...

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Yeah. There are a lot of stories about what lies beneath those blue, blue waters.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join