It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump tells California 'there is no drought'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: Profusion

He is off his rocker. And such an insult to people that live there. But, in general, his idiocy just gets worse. I have posted once that I thought he had some symptoms of early alzheimers. That is serious, I am not saying it to be mean. I saw my grandmother go through it and die from it.

Yeah, He has something wrong with him, but i believe it's his voters who are showing early signs of something more serious than Alzheimer's. I am not saying it to be mean either.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
I've lived here for over 40 years. California is always in a damn drought.

But, where in CA? I was born here.

The state covers more then half of the west coast. And the center of the state is a big flat valley.

Northern CA, Central CA, and Southern CA - - are all very different.

The North gets its water from the Sierras. The South gets its water from the Colorado River. And I think Central depends on where you're at.

edit on 28-5-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Phage

But doesn't most of California's water supply come from snow melt?

Los Angeles water comes from the Colorado River (Hoover/Boulder Dam) and Colorado aqueducts.

Heavy rains don't mean sustainable water.
Really? How about the giant aquaducts down the street? Where do those go Ann?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

Writing this on my phone so can't really elaborate.... or provide links.... but I do want to state that I say this as a nature/animal defender....

I've heard about/read about so many stories over the years which revolve around limiting irrigation and water sources because some obscure fish is deemed "endangered." I assure you that I do NOT like causing harm to animals but it is true that California has some hyper-protective acts that cause real harm to the people living out there under the often false pretense that species will become extinct.

I could be wrong but my assumption is that Trump was saying that we need to keep water flowing to farmers and citizens first while keeping an eye on the fishes.

Again, I'm on a phone at the moment so I can't provide links/sources at the moment so I'm not posting from a position of strength (so feel free to take this with a grain or two of salt).

I'll just say that I essentially understand that the water problem out west IS, at least in part, manufactured.

I see what you mean and sometimes I wonder at excessive measures taken toward animals considered 'close to be endangered'. Not exactly endangered and not an emergency. But I do not think that is happening in Caliofornia. They are having a drought. And some outside agencies may be contributing by taking over a few water supplies. But in the end, they are having a drought. It is the weather.
edit on 28-5-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

Los Angeles water comes from the Colorado River (Hoover/Boulder Dam) and Colorado aqueducts.

Really? How about the giant aquaducts down the street? Where do those go Ann?

Not really sure what you mean.

link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Sierra Nevada Mountains. California is pretty cool. We've got deserts, Mountains, Valley's, Beaches, Forests. All here in the one state. It's a big state. We've got a little of everything. That's why we have so many people too.

link   

Haha maybe his is referring to the insane waste of water that CA uses to keep the Delta Smelt happy..

Pure insanity if you ask me.

However I must say, Lake Mead and Lake Mohave, which both feed CA are very low. Places where I used to party at in high school are now sand dunes

edit on 28-5-2016 by C8H10N4O2 because: wrong word

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I'm in Central Cali. Probably one of the more crappy places to be in many ways actually. But real close to the Mountains and the State Parks. About 3 hours from the Beach too.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

a reply to: visitedbythem

Snow melt from where..The Rockies.?
The sierras

link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
We are above average rainfall this year. It has rained alot this year and often. It rained very hard last week. A couple months ago it rained so hard (harder then Ive seen in yerars) that the roof partially collapsed at the steelmill I work in, and poured in water like a waterfall. Guys running everywhere grabbing pallets of kitty litter to make berms. Shutting off machinery, and power so as to avoid electrocution. We have out own substation fed with 73,000 volts, with stepdown transformers everywhere on 15 plus acres. The plant has many bays,with large bridge cranes, and the ceilings are at least 35-40 feet up. The rain hit so hard that dust from the ceilings was dislodged and filled the plant like a dirty cloud. Ive worked there 35 years and never seen that before.
I live on .26 of an acre lot. I have 9 raised bed organic vegetable gardens. I have only watered a few times this year, and am picking ripe tomatos, zukes, cukes, berries, artichokes peas and beans. Im hearing from friends that Lake Tahoe water level is very high now. Ive seen them flow rivers with damns upstrean in my city

It depends on where you are in California. I lived there for years.

It is a FACT that Southern California has been in a severe drought condition for about 2 years, if not more.

link   
a reply to: Annee

Apparently, SWP provides more than CRA.
www.mwdh2o.com...

Nope.

In any case, Trump is wrong. California has been under a nasty drought. Not the first and not the last. And the more it grows, the more severe the impact.

edit on 5/28/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   

I wonder at excessive measures taken toward animals considered 'close to be endangered'. Not exactly endangered and not an emergency.

Eco systems are touchy, because something always depends on something else.

Our Bald Eagles have had such a successful protective program they have been removed from the endangered list.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Trump may be talking about Desal plants for southern Cali. That would address alot of problems and create jobs

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   

For irrigation? That would be sort of pricey, wouldn't it?

There is enough water to drink. It's the almonds and lawns that seem to be the problem. Sucking up that ground water.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   

I wonder at excessive measures taken toward animals considered 'close to be endangered'. Not exactly endangered and not an emergency.

Eco systems are touchy, because something always depends on something else.

Our Bald Eagles have had such a successful protective program they have been removed from the endangered list.

You are right. I am not an expert in that way. Ecosystems I know can be upended by the smallest thing...like an overgrpwth of mollusks. But in some cases I have seen environmentalists , that weren't scientists, running in to say 'X' species must be protected in 'X' spot since it is the only place they can live, when that is not true.

I do not think this has caused the drought in California though, by any means.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   

That's what they need for So. Cal. Because they buy their water from everyone else. We have giant pipes going down there just to deliver water down south. Some Desal plants down there would at least help offset some of our problem. We could build a bunch of them for the price of this one bullet train too with money to spare.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Who's going to pay for it? The farmers?
Not sure that's economically feasible.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   

For irrigation? That would be sort of pricey, wouldn't it?

There is enough water to drink. It's the almonds and lawns that seem to be the problem. Sucking up that ground water.
That will be the price of living in a dessert. Want to farm a dessert? Its gonna cost you.... Right? How much sense does it make to farm a dessert to begin with?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

We could build a bunch of them for the price of this one bullet train too with money to spare.

These types of trains are going to be built everywhere, cost or not. So, it won;t help the water problem to not build it. Those types of trains will save and make so much money, that they may be able to pay for water.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   
How expensive can almonds get before no one buys them?
Arugula?

Now, weed...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join