It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you met God?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
There have been many dark threads concerning evil spirits on ATS but very few concerning conversations and/or having met God, Jesus or the Holy Spirit. What about angels? Has an angel ever approached you? If so what was his name?

Your story can be an NDE or not. If you think your story is too personal ..... remember you have an anonymous ATS name which protects your identity AND it is possible your story could possibly change someone to be a better person.

What if ........ your story actually saved someone and it gave them HOPE or you stir the spirit inside that person to the point where they change their lives and become reborn?

I have already shared my story a few times......what about your story?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I have felt an overwhelming sensation which I can't explain other than saying it was a Higher Power communicating directly with me. There were no words or voices, just a sensation of love, nurturing, warmth and condolence. It was at the darkest time in my life, and this has happened a handful of times since that experience - also at very crucial points in my life.

Since that initial experience I have felt that there is "something" with me that listens, keeps me company.

I am not a religious person, although I have studied theology and grew up going to Church, but as for the God side of it, I just consider this "entity" to be a higher power that I have a strong relationship with and in my heart and soul I feel its presence.

ETA: I honestly and truly feel that I wouldn't have pulled myself out of the mess I was in if I hadn't had this "connection" take place. It is the single most powerful thing that has ever happened to me.
edit on 27-5-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

Links first...then I'll tell of my experience.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

No but I nearly met God in the early 90s during a car crash , luckily he canceled the appointment and I survived.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Great story and how right you are.

Thanks for your story.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I have many friends who are Seraphim. They are the fiery reptilian angels who impart wisdom.

They do not appear in the physical sense, they just bestow upon the seeker the path to the wisdom sought. You have to do the work yourself.

They are the source of epiphanies and moments of clarity.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

There have been many dark threads concerning evil spirits on ATS but very few concerning conversations and/or having met God, Jesus or the Holy Spirit. What about angels? Has an angel ever approached you? If so what was his name?

Your story can be an NDE or not. If you think your story is too personal ..... remember you have an anonymous ATS name which protects your identity AND it is possible your story could possibly change someone to be a better person.

What if ........ your story actually saved someone and it gave them HOPE or you stir the spirit inside that person to the point where they change their lives and become reborn?

you must be new to this website, or you would have realized how untrue your opening statement is. there are literally dozens of threads on "how i met your savior", basically half the theology forum. which is really funny because judaism comprises a mere fraction of historical theology. but where are the odin threads? the krishna threads? maybe a hades or anubis thread? seriously, even gods of the greek/egyptian underworld need love. a hundred or more gods recognized globally and historically and we keep coming back to this one. i smell discrimination.

oh, this is a conversion thread? anyone who is interested in touching base with vishnu, contact me via U2U and we can get this party started. come on folks, we could even set up a pantheon fair! who doesnt want to shake hands with dionysus? be wary of that nyx chick though, she and erebus can be a rather touchy pair (especially after a few drinks).
edit on 27-5-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
You meet him every moment of every day. Everything is "God". Everything is an expression of the creative force people call "God".

Humans like to frame things in ways they can understand, so they turn this idea of "God" into an stand-alone, detached entity like themselves with unlimited power.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
You meet him every moment of every day. Everything is "God". Everything is an expression of the creative force people call "God".

Humans like to frame things in ways they can understand, so they turn this idea of "God" into an stand-alone, detached entity like themselves with unlimited power.

A little taste of the Mystic Mushroom and that anthropomorphizing of God comes to an abrupt end.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I don't know where to begin...
My experience happned at the age of 15/16 years. A normal kid at that age would be happy, carefree and enjoying life right? I, on the other hand a severe depression for more than a year for some private reason.
I did believe in God back then, and I still do now. One night I was at the climax of my depression while lying in my bed in the night. Crying and crying for hours while talking to God, I was so deeply dissappointed with life I asked The Almighty something I maybe shouldn't have had asked. I asked him with whole my heart to take my soul to him, i.e I wanted to die.

Then I fell asleep, and here is where the unexplainable thing happened to me... Around 4-5 in morning I experienced something I can't explain. My soul was In the air with my back towards my sleeping body, it was very slowly and gently being lowered to my body. It felt so peaceful, it was as if I was being carried. As soon as I fell back in my body -which was the most peaceful experienced I have ever experienced- I fell immeadiatly back to sleep as if I was forced to sleep, it was as if someone pressed on my 'human sleep button'.

I do not know what happened but I certainly think it has something to do with what I asked God. I had never experienced something like that before and after it. It's very hard to explain this but I hope you got the picture.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Then go get some new members from those religions. Then they can post about their experiences. It's a simple solution. All of those religions do exist and are active with the possible exceptions of Hellenism and the ancient Egyptian practices.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Then go get some new members from those religions. Then they can post about their experiences. It's a simple solution. All of those religions do exist and are active with the possible exceptions of Hellenism and the ancient Egyptian practices.

you dont have to be a worshipper of hypnos or uranus to discuss them. i think it would make a nice change of pace to discuss the possibility that maybe multiple pantheons havent gotten their due and ought to be acknowledged.

or, you know, we can go back to having the same brilliant conversation about the same debatable figures because its not like fifty threads already exist talking about the same person, again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again. why not go for an even two hundred?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

And then you have that experience and all that wisdom you thought you had flies out the window ... thanks for playing though.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Links first...then I'll tell of my experience.

Why don't I just tell you?

First time - I was 12, sitting in the only church in Red Oak, Oklahoma. My stepmother and my father would send me to church alone. From the whole family I was the only one told to go to church. Any way I was sitting in the back of the church, on the right side, no one sitting behind me because I sat in the last row, bored out of mind as the Southern Baptist preacher screamed through the service (normal back then for Southern Baptist)...... could not understand a single word....anyway as I sat there waiting for services to end so I could shoot out the door like a rocket..... all of a sudden I felt a large hand on my left shoulder...... a HUGE hand..... scared the crap out of me..... I turned around and no one was there ... shortly later church services were over and out I went from the church. By the time I got home, I was on cloud nine......kinda hard to describe the feeling and I had that feeling for many days.....I was young.....did not realize what happened.

Second time - 1998....... driving home ALONE from work so no alcohol and drugs..... Anyway I had this Jeep Cherokee with a powerful stereo system with amp and love listening to various Christian music...... so here I am driving down the road around 2300 hours, pitch black outside, and I am singing along with the music when all of a sudden there was this large man sitting in the front passenger seat and he was looking out the front windshield smiling. I was not shocked for some strange reason (now I know why). When I first stared at him it appeared he was dressed in white but as I stared the white turned into colors......meaning I could see the color of his clothes. This man was built like Arnold Schwarznegger. I could tell he was a warrior because he was dressed as one......heavy brown leather shirt with no sleeves and something like a kilt. The kilt was also thick leather. He wore leather sandals laced up to his knees. He had a three maybe four day beard, brown hair to his shoulders. He looked like a white guy with a great tan......not arabic, not black, not asian.... He never looked at me but I could feel that he was pleased with me. (Don't forget I had the music cranking!) I reached over to turn down the music..... I took my eyes off of him for a split second and he was gone......

Third time - 2013 I had a NDE experience. I was dead for a few minutes....on my balcony.....family calls 911. It felt like an OBE. I did not see myself or anyone around me......I found myself going through the air like superman but could not feel the air, could not feel cold or hot..... up ahead I could see something glowing very bright .... close to starring at the sun.... then I saw a man sitting on a throne..... the throne (seat) was BIG and so was the man sitting on it. A large throne in the sky with a man sitting on it. Again I thought ..... what another body builder? As I got closer I could see his body...... it was made of refined liquid gold but not any gold .... this color of gold I have never seen before as I approached this man he looked to his right as if someone was speaking to him then I heard a voice ...... scared the hell out of me ..... saying, It is not your time. The man sitting on the throne did not speak ..... not sure who did but he glared at me and this is when I woke up in the hospital .......

What happened in 2014 I can not tell you because I was told to keep it to myself.....

I have had four head on car collisions ..... none of them my fault....many deaths and each time I walk away. My day job often puts me in danger and puts me in places like red light districts and marked gang territories often confronted but never touched. Once in Brussels .... working a case in the red light district I am in my car at a red light. A car pulls up to the right.... a few seconds later a moped pulls up on the left and pulls a gun and starts shooting at the car on the right side. Then the guy in the car pulls a gun and starts shooting at the moped driver.... The bullets were going back and forth through my opened windows and not a scratch. Each one emptied their magazine and sped off...... me .... I am shaking and can not believe what happened.

OK your turn.......

edit on 27-5-2016 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

you dont have to be a worshipper of hypnos or uranus to discuss them. i think it would make a nice change of pace to discuss the possibility that maybe multiple pantheons havent gotten their due and ought to be acknowledged.

Why is it that atheists are the ones who generally get offended on behalf of the other faiths? You don't believe in any gods, so you shouldn't care if we talk about them. Or is it that you're just bored mocking one religious persuasion?

As always, the remedy is to author the kinds of threads you want to see. So if you want Odin, write about him.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Parazurvan

I have many friends who are Seraphim. They are the fiery reptilian angels who impart wisdom.

They do not appear in the physical sense, they just bestow upon the seeker the path to the wisdom sought. You have to do the work yourself.

They are the source of epiphanies and moments of clarity.

I am not looking for a fight tonight BUT I know what you said is a lie. You are a fraud my friend..... Lucifer was a cherub and a Seraphim is above a cherub......

I will leave it at that......

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Nevermind
edit on 27-5-2016 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

You speak of the Holy Spirit my friend...... and many who believe in the Trinity would agree with your statements BUT God himself (The Father) or Yeshua in person is a much different experience.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Why is it that atheists are the ones who generally get offended on behalf of the other faiths? You don't believe in any gods, so you shouldn't care if we talk about them. Or is it that you're just bored mocking one religious persuasion?

As always, the remedy is to author the kinds of threads you want to see. So if you want Odin, write about him.

why do you assume im an atheist? have you not just read my posts defending greek and roman and egyptian pantheons? im an equal opportunist, defending the right of every god to be acknowledged and respected in the theology forum. lets count the number of jesus threads in the past month versus every other god(dess) i just mentioned in this thread.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

All right then, write about what you want to discuss.

It's no less than others do. Have you experienced Odin on a deep personal level? Did you hang on a tree and put out your eye?
edit on 27-5-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join