It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The liberal media is a myth?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

LOL

Did you see my other post?

I decided to do the work anyway.

Look at those Liberal viewers !!

Looks like Fox is nothing.

And remember, the Big3 are available on cable hook-ups.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Given the arrogance and elitism of many top news personalities, there is an understandable distrust and disdain for the major media. But that populist revulsion toward the overpaid talking heads has been exploited by skillful right-wing media figures who have rallied millions of confused Americans to become foot soldiers in an ideological army that marches to defend a wasteland of false and factually flimsy information.

This is what people really need to understand.

Thanks for sharing.

People that hear right wing talk are confused, but the ones that watch NBC blow up pickup trucks with pyrotechnics while claiming that it happened because of a design fault are enlightened?
The ones that watch Katie Couric deceptively edit video are blessed with knowledge?
The ones that swallowed Dan Rather's bogus papers are better off?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
In some ways you do see a bias of sorts outside of the FOX and MSNBC types who are purposely biased. For example liberals tend be more science oriented. The media tends to have science editors who are well educated and this networks become science oriented. So for things like global warming because liberals and the media both follow scientific facts it can come off as a political bias. Of course if one truly existed the media would have put up a huge fight against the invasion of Iraq when the exact opposite is the case. The true bias of the media is to money. Be it a war or sex scandal the media has no bias other than ratings.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Huh? Combined or individually? Last I saw, and I've always heard, Fox wins.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Read all my posts.

The proof is there.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

If there is a channel with something on that I don't want to watch or listen to I change the channel. We still have that freedom in America (for now).

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

LOL

Did you see my other post?

I decided to do the work anyway.

Look at those Liberal viewers !!

Looks like Fox is nothing.

And remember, the Big3 are available on cable hook-ups.

Yes, I see that you did, though that post had not been made when I replied. This however does nothing to counter the points I made.

You also make no attempt to disengage from the notion that at least those three networks are liberal. Read a few of my other posts on this thread if you are interested.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I've said it for years now. It takes a brain washed Rush Limbaugh zombie to believe that anything that is owned by rich right wing conservatives could be liberal. Abc? That's Disney and Disney is anything but liberal. That's my first tipoff that someone has no idea of the truth when I hear them say left wing or main stream media

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Your data you posted goes against Hannity and his slogan that conservatism is the wave of the future. I propose liberalism is the wave of the future. Nov will be a good test would it not?

Eta: I think it's supply and demand people choose what media they want to be exposed too.
edit on 27-5-2016 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
media will always be bias.
people are stupid.
put those together and you have a controversy.

in britain murdoch owns the major press outlets everyone knows where he stands, the bbc is run by ex conservatives yet, as a public broadcaster has to 'appear' impartial.
reporting a faux pas by a right wing politician isn't deemed news but, some smear campaign against the right.

currently americas biggest politician, reality tv star donald trump, has made many gaffs while rallying.
while the right argue the liberal press is only attempting to besmirch their consul, they ignore that the right wing press actually reports this to.
why do they not hound hillary?
she killed more than hitler, im so angry i'm gonna call her killary!
easily found to be lies, even fox knows they would get destroyed, 'fringe' sites that believe mussolini was to liberal however still print it, as do the uneducated here.

which goes back to stupid people, some fear they could be wrong makes them defensive, they can't be wrong, it must be the media.
there is a kenyan/muslim, illuminati/freemason/bilderberg puppet running the country, because alex jones or jeff rense told them so.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Actually posted 18 minutes before your criticism.

Just to be accurate.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Did you read the story I posted on page 1 ?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
McCarthy was right about 99% of the communists that he pointed out and tried to have investigated.

The media still identifies McCarthyism as unfounded accusation.

The media is liberal for sure. Totalitarianism and genocide, left or right, is OK with the caste running the media.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Fox dominated the ratings for the longest time but by your sources it seems the tables have finally turned. Wanna know what my guess is? Trump. He brought everyone ratings in 2015/2016.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I thought this issue was settled.

All media is "for profit".

be it Fox, MSNBC, whatever.

Their only job is to generate revenue.

NOT actually deliver news.

If you want unbiased, actual news, you stand a better chance of getting that on a Peruvian "Adult" website featuring llamas than you would on any station in the US.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Fox dominated the ratings for the longest time but by your sources it seems the tables have finally turned. Wanna know what my guess is? Trump. He brought everyone ratings in 2015/2016.

Actually Fox only "dominated" on cable.

The Big3 (and free) always had a large overall dominance.

The Left Wing dominant Big3 is responsible for the "Fox-Frenzy".

Unless we can find some old viewership numbers somewhere.

I assume you are basing your opinion on something solid.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Most "news" shows are just entertainment shows.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I think outlets like ABC, NBC and CBS are right in the middle. They never criticize Obama or left politics much but they never really criticized Bush or Right wing politics much when Bush was in the presidency. They just don't even mention it. You may find a little left leaning on some issues, but to be fair, the big media outlets, just don't even cover controversial issues at all. Just because a media outlet is a fluff, nonsense distraction doesn't mean it's left leaning.

For example, you might get a story about Kim Kardashian on CBS but not on Fox News. That doesn't necessarily mean that CBS is left wing...it just means they're lame and they're job is to distract us with nonsense.

CNN and MSNBC lean left for sure, but Fox News makes up for that. I think that negates each other. Fox news gets way more viewers for it's "PUndits" then CNN and MSNBC do though. Nobody even knows the left wing pundits names, But we all no O'Reilly, Hannity, Coulter and those fellows names.

Radio is exclusively right wing. You may get PBS or whatever but that pales in comparison. Right wing wins the airwaves for sure, there.

Newspapers, I think tend to be more right wing, like the Wall Street Journal, but the other large papers, tend to fall in line with their demographics in the city they're printed in. NY and LA-left leaning. Houston-Charlotte right leaning.

Online, I think it cancels each other out.. HuffPOst vs Brietbart for one example.

So in Summary. most main stream media, is fluff. Most of the rest cancels each other out and what's left the Right wing is winning.

edit on 27-5-2016 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

The Big3 are very subtle and there's a lot in between the lines.

They are the oldest broadcast stations and they are the professional wing of the propaganda ministries.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Even if the big media channels have more viewers, how much of what they are watching is liberal, and how much is non-biased news? Then you have people just watching TV shows for entertainment, so I think a lot of it can't really be considered "liberal".

When I see those stations ocassionally they don't seem to be very biased to me, but the right wing is so extreme now that they consider even moderate things to be liberal.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join