It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ignoring what a canidate says, because "I know what he really means" inherently dangerous???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I did get your point I just wanted to add my own take.

But I didn't get yours lol..

It seemed like you were adding something, but I couldn't quite catch it..

I really don't mean that in a smart @$$ way.. Text can go either way some times .

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

I've got a question for you.

Is voting for anyone in this upcoming election................stupid?

State, county, city, school board elections "might" be legitimate but anywhere money is involved and politics is about money, who gets it and who spends it; corruption is not only a possibility, it's assured.

I like to go vote anyway...It's a great place to pick up chicks.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I think not voting is stupid...

Looking at it unbiasedly, at least in my pov.

I think Hillary is your stereo type establishment shill, with a big ole splash of your normal political corruption. She is status quo, there would be no real changes for or against. Just a continuation of mostly broken policies and inferstructure.

Trump is a total unknown.

He was the one buying politicians, not a politician being bought... That's still corruption,but definately from a different angle.
It is almost a cutting out of the middle man, as far as corruption goes..

That said Trump (until this election cycle) has been a pretty moderate guy...

Pro choice, pro amnesty, pro single payer, pro gun, , pro wall, pro gay marriage, low tax, exc..

So my personal theory is he has played the GOP base. He created a cartoon character who could win the GOP nomination and THE SECOND he receives the nomination will have the biggest "swing to the center" in history. So much so that he attacks Hillary from the left on everything except the wall and guns.

Once in office he could actually get work done. The GOP can't unite against him and he will trade the left everything they want for his wall.

It will be his "Roman emporer" Esk monument to outlast the ages.

But that's just a theory and I'm not sure giving the keys to America to a celebrity caricature is a great idea.

But if he were to do well he couldn't be bought and the GOP can't unite against him to block any policy as they guaranteed will with Hillary or Bernie...

edit on 25-5-2016 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought my point was clear.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

State, county, city, school board elections "might" be legitimate but anywhere money is involved and politics is about money, who gets it and who spends it; corruption is not only a possibility, it's assured.

Not this one..not with Trump...

He used the Fox News propaganda market against its self, and did it for free...

Scott walker was the big backers first choice, then Jeb. Trump received and spent less than any canidate in history.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Scott walker was the big backers first choice, then Jeb. Trump received and spent less than any canidate in history.

Than any candidate in history? Is that fact checked?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Fair enough, the least of any this cycle.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Since citizens united probably.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Since citizens united probably.

Yea and I'll not a trump fan.. Theme just the facts..

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Sorry but Obama basically said he would destroy America... "fundamentally change" "Civilian security force" etc etc. We all knew who he was and what he stood for and he came through with his destruction. Everyone knew what Obama meant with the many things he said, because he came out and said them.

Obama did not destroy America.
What a stupid thing to say. Unregulated corporate malfeasance, runaway "free trade," and bankers destroyed America. Bush made a total mess of things. Obama didn't cause the Recession. Get your facts straight, and quit with the disinformation and lies. It's so tiresome.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Yeah I am not a supporter either but I am in the wait and see mode. Best case scenario this whole thing was manufactured by his understanding of media and he puts together a cabinet with Republicans and Democrats.

Somebody has to start making amends so they can start talking again and legislating.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Sorry but Obama basically said he would destroy America... "fundamentally change" "Civilian security force" etc etc. We all knew who he was and what he stood for and he came through with his destruction. Everyone knew what Obama meant with the many things he said, because he came out and said them.

Obama did not destroy America.
What a stupid thing to say. Unregulated corporate malfeasance, runaway "free trade," and bankers destroyed America. Bush made a total mess of things. Obama didn't cause the Recession. Get your facts straight, and quit with the disinformation and lies. It's so tiresome.

How they sold the whole:

"Everyone in the world is in a vast conspiracy to discredit conservatism and that Fox News types are the only one telling you the truth.."

To the republican base.

It is inherently silly and the things required to successfully pull off such a grandiose scheme are just hilarious.

It really is either the whole world is lying and fox is taking the truth, or fox is lying and everyone else is telling the truth...

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Fox is utterly ridiculous. It is the National Enquirer of cable news. It is -- if you squint and hold your tongue just right and (most importantly) hold your breath for a few seconds -- like a marriage between SNL Weekend Update and Alex Jones. A complete mockery of our society, which sadly some viewers don't understand is fake.

Sad.

Fun Pinterest Page

edit on 5/25/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: because Fox News is ridiculous.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Fox is utterly ridiculous. It is the National Enquirer of cable news. It is -- if you squint and hold your tongue just right and (most importantly) hold your breath for a few seconds -- like a marriage between SNL Weekend Update and Alex Jones. A complete mockery of our society, which sadly some viewers don't understand is fake.

Sad.

Fun Pinterest Page

Lol and they have "Fair and Balanced" as their call sign...lmao

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Yes, Obama should have proven that over the course of 8 years.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Yes, Obama should have proven that over the course of 8 years.

What crazy thing did Obama say he wanted to do?

And actually said, not

"Well he said something normal, but I know what he really means.."

Actually said??

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I see a lot of intelligent people making the case for trump that:

"All his craziness is for show, he doesn't mean it.."

Well I personally agree with that, but isn't it inherently dangerous to pick a canidate who has recently said he was going to do insane things if elected??

None of us know who The Donald really is...lib, conservative, evangelical, democrat, republican, exc..

And for some reason a lot of us (myself included) assume we know what he really means, but isn't that dangerous as hell??

This is not a plea for Hillary, just for common sense.

Isn't this the exact same as when Fox News takes a totally meaningless Obama/Hillary quote and says:

"I know he didn't say he wanted to destroy America..but we know what he really means...."

But from a diffent angle???

I personally think Trump is a moderate dem, because that's what he had been for decades previous to running for the GOP nomination, but how can anyone know??

So, you think Sanders or Hillary really means what they say, but Trump doesn't?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Thje cool part of all the insanity is we all get to make up outr own minds!!

STRANGE!!!

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I don't see how you can ever vote for a candidate based on what they say or on implied meaning. They're adhering to a party platform which doesn't represent their beliefs, and what they claim are their beliefs aren't necessarily how they'll govern, then how they do govern is still subject to what Congress will let them do.

You are better off flipping a coin than trying to make any sort of rational behind your vote. At least the coin has a 50% chance of picking the better candidate through chance. Rhetoric only leads you to making a decision based on lies and suspicions rather than facts.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join