It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ignoring what a canidate says, because "I know what he really means" inherently dangerous???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I think it's important to consider a candidate's record when determining the intent behind their words.

Trump has been all over the political spectrum, flip-flopping. Nothing he says can be taken seriously, IMO

I do a lot of digging around for the elections, trying to dig up old interviews and articles to check for various things. Trump has been very consistent with his stances for a long time.

I would love to see some examples, though.

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

I see a lot of intelligent people making the case for trump that:

"All his craziness is for show, he doesn't mean it.."

I've never actually heard that. What do these people refer to, exactly?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Check this out:

Exposing Trump's Decades of Deep Ties to Organized Crime
and
Chomsky: Today's GOP Is a Candidate for Most Dangerous Organization in Human History

Is there any evidence for that?

I mean, if you're going to vote based on unsubstantiated conspiracy theories, you have to explain how you can ignore those involving Hillary which are actually pretty terrible.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyrrho

I don't ignore Hillary's malfeasance, though - she's just as bad!! She's been in bed with Wall Street forever!! She's so old news - so over. Her attitude really pisses me off. I am not going to vote for her OR Trump.

If you read the articles I posted, you'll see plenty of evidence and proof of Trump's connections! There are legal documents available to prove Trump's ties to the mob. Neither alternet nor Politico are "conspiracy sites".

“No other candidate for the White House this year has anything close to Trump’s record of repeated social and business dealings with mobsters, swindlers, and other crooks,” wrote David Cay Johnston for Politico.com. “In all, I’ve covered Donald Trump off and on for 27 years, and in that time I’ve encountered multiple threads linking Trump to organized crime.”

Just What Were Donald Trump's Ties to the Mob?
I've spent years investigating, and here's what's known.
By David Cay Johnston
May 22, 2016

Read more: www.politico.com...

I don't think Hillary is legit either - not sure why people keep making that assumption here -

O_o

just because I debunk stupid lies does not mean I'm a "fan" of hers. I'm just debunking lies.
She has wayyyy wayyy too much baggage, too much history, too much smugness and blood on her hands for my taste. I don't want her as POTUS. I think it would be a disaster. So - if you're looking to shoot down the links I provided on some grounds that I "just like her" or whatever, you're making a mistake

I don't like her. I don't want her. I don't like or want Trump, either.
Get it?

Still, like her or hate her - she is not going to take away anyone's guns, and that is what I was pointing out!!

edit on 5/27/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyrrho

I think it's important to consider a candidate's record when determining the intent behind their words.

Trump has been all over the political spectrum, flip-flopping. Nothing he says can be taken seriously, IMO

I do a lot of digging around for the elections, trying to dig up old interviews and articles to check for various things. Trump has been very consistent with his stances for a long time.

Off the top of my head..

Banning all Muslims.

Changing fromPro-choice to Pro-life, that I think is a big one.

Lying Ted, then he is a worthy opponent.

There really are a bunch of little ones as well...

He was a registered democrat up until, what 6 years ago?

He has pretty much admitted he is just playing the crowd in his speeches, and I'm really not hating on him for it.. He is a showman.

But we have no idea what he would actually do,

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Precisely. He's already mellowed out now that he blew everyone else away with his tactics of full-on assault and insulting bastardy.

He might actually turn out to be okay as POTUS - but she is just more of the same. I voted for Obama, and I don't think he did a bad job - Congress stymied him at every turn, and caused gridlock. His hands were tied by them.

But she won't make any difference. She's too hawkish, too beholden to Wall Street and donors, and too rich. I'll never forget her cavalier "What difference does it make?" and her obvious, unmasked delight at the death of Bin Laden. Disgraceful, cold, calculating, and disingenuous.

She's an egomaniac, just like Trump is. Bernie is the only one who doesn't appear to be an egomaniac.

I wonder, does she have anything tragic in her past that would enable her to relate to us regulars? Or is she just so isolated in her ivory tower that she floats up there in the ether with no hard lessons learned?

edit on 5/27/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Off the top of my head..

Banning all Muslims.

He has pretty much admitted he is just playing the crowd in his speeches, and I'm really not hating on him for it.. He is a showman.

He is pro-life morally, but politically he is for state's rights on the issue. He also said that the law should NOT be changed on the issue. This means he doesn't think abortion should be made illegal in any way. He's also stated he wants to move the GOP's stance on abortion to the left. Notice how many Republicans are often extremely pro-life, without ANY exceptions. Still better than killing children as their being birthed (Hillary's extreme stance)

"Banning all muslims". This is a legal action that can be taken to prevent certain people from entering the country if they pose a reasonable threat.

www.treasury.gov...

Also, what is wrong with being registered as a Democrat?

But we have no idea what he would actually do

We have no idea what any of them would actually do. However, we can see the history of power abuse by Hillary and see that it's better to not vote for someone that we know have malevolent intentions.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Off the top of my head..

Banning all Muslims.

He is pro-life morally, but politically he is for state's rights on the issue. He also said that the law should NOT be changed on the issue. This means he doesn't think abortion should be made illegal in any way. He's also stated he wants to move the GOP's stance on abortion to the left. Notice how many Republicans are often extremely pro-life, without ANY exceptions. Still better than killing children as their being birthed (Hillary's extreme stance)

"Banning all muslims". This is a legal action that can be taken to prevent certain people from entering the country if they pose a reasonable threat.

www.treasury.gov...

Also, what is wrong with being registered as a Democrat?

But we have no idea what he would actually do

We have no idea what any of them would actually do. However, we can see the history of power abuse by Hillary and see that it's better to not vote for someone that we know have malevolent intentions.

I think we know Hillary would be the status quo...wouldn't impove or destroy the world. Which is not necessarily a good thing.

Trump wasn't "pro life" morally all along. He is telling the GOP''s craziest voters what they want to hear in a calculated move to win the nomination. Not because he actually wants to ban abortion (imho).

No elected official wants late term abortions to be legal. It is bs propaganda, and I am nothing resembling a Hilary fan, it would just be political suicide for ANY politician.

No banning all Muslims is not a legal action... You can't discriminate because of religion... You can ban everyone from the ME or hell the world, but legally you cannot base it on religion.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I think we know Hillary would be the status quo...wouldn't impove or destroy the world. Which is not necessarily a good thing.

I don't know that. Obama never said he wanted an attack on US soil to justify invading another country. He never laughed about assassinating other world leaders, and he never shrugged off the loss of American lives.

She is far from the status quo. She is dangerous and has shown the world time and time again that she cannot be trusted with power.

blog.constitutioncenter.org...

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   

I don't know that. Obama never said he wanted an attack on US soil to justify invading another country. He never laughed about assassinating other world leaders, and he never shrugged off the loss of American lives.

She is far from the status quo. She is dangerous and has shown the world time and time again that she cannot be trusted with power.

blog.constitutioncenter.org...

When did Hillary say she wanted an attack on the American population???

That sounds exactly like a

" she didn't actually say it, but we know what she really means..."

Type thing...

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Bernie wins the election as per the Time Traks comp program

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   

yes it is turning a blind eye. If you vote for him you are complicit in whatever he does that he indicated he would do if elected.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

yes it is turning a blind eye. If you vote for him you are complicit in whatever he does that he indicated he would do if elected.

That goes both ways...

If he really is a moderate democrat who has created a cartoon character to win the GOP nomination, he could be the best prez in decades..

More than that, the Republican Party cannot unite against him. If Bernie/Hillary win, the GOP will unite against them. Meaning a return to the congressional stand still Obama had to deal with...

Trump could get single payer, min wage hike, amnesty, exc done where no democrat could...

That said, it is just my little theory and he is presently being quoted while in cartoon conservative mode.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join