It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago man chokes 8-year-old girl in public bathroom

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
As the mother of a daughter who was attacked by another student (8th grader) at school (when she was in kindergarten), I just have to say this: Bathrooms can be dangerous. We still have yet to catch the BOY who attacked her in the girls restroom as a result of a total lack of vigilance on the part of her kindergarten teacher/the school.

I don't agree with the current trans-trends (sorry, I just don't), but I also don't see how it would be possible to create a law that would keep female impersonators out of a bathroom.

As a parent, I don't let my young kids go alone to large public restrooms. And I encourage the older ones to use caution and avoid going alone. I don't trust females any more than males on this point. Women can/do molest and abduct, too. Perhaps not as frequently, but it does happen. I knew of a teen girl on a local reservation who abducted a little preschool boy and molested him--just as one example I knew of first-hand.

The bottom line, for me, is that whatever trans issues are taking place at the moment, bathrooms haven't been exactly a "safe haven" for a while now--for anyone.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

I read the article, where did it ever say the man was pretending to be a woman? Is it not plausible that a man was sitting in a stall, waited for a victim, and then attacked?

He doesn't have to pretend anything. That's the point. I showed at least another article in which another man entered women's bathroom and didn't say he "thought he was a woman", he simply stated "the law has changed and I have a right to be." He was pretty much implying "there is nothing you can do about it"

Man Allowed to Use Womens Locker Room at Swimming Pool Without Citing Gender Identity

Mariana Barillas / February 23, 2016 /

A man claimed a right to use a women’s locker room at a public swimming pool after his partial undressing there caused alarm.

According to Seattle Parks and Recreation, women alerted staff at Evans Pool staff when a man wearing swim trunks entered the womens locker room and took off his shirt.

When staff told him to leave, the man reportedly saidthe law has changed and I have a right to be here.

Employees told Seattles King 5 News the man didn’t attempt to identify as female but cited a new Washington state rule allowing individuals to choose their bathroom based on their gender identity.

dailysignal.com...

www.usatoday.com...

As far as policy to protect everyone, Seattle Parks spokesman David Takami says they're still working on the issue. Right now, there's no specific protocol for how someone should demonstrate their gender in order to access a bathroom. Employees just rely on verbal identification or physical appearance, and this man offered neither.

"This didn’t seem like a transgender issue to staff – someone who was “identifying” as a woman," Takami said in a statement. "We have guidelines that allow transgender individuals to use restrooms and locker rooms consistent with their gender identity. We want everyone to feel comfortable in our facilities."

"Really bizarre," MaryAnne Sato said. "I can't imagine why they would want to do that anyway!"

Sato uses the locker room a few times a week, but she says this is a first for her.

It's also a first for Seattle Parks and Recreation. Employees report that the man made no verbal or physical attempt to identify as a woman, yet he still cited a new rule that allows bathroom choice based on gender identification.

The issue drew protesters from both sides to Olympia on Monday. Opponents claim the rule opens up bathrooms to voyeurs but supporters say that's an unrealistic fear.

No one was arrested in this case and police weren't called, even though the man returned a second time while young girls were changing for swim practice.

"Sort of works against the point they're trying to make. They're causing people to feel exposed and vulnerable with the intention of reducing people feeling exposed and vulnerable," said pool regular Aldan Shank.

The man's protest, if that's what it was, hurts the greater cause, Shank says.

www.usatoday.com...

He didn't say he identifies as a woman, he just mentioned the law.

How do you even prove that a man is or is not "a woman trapped inside"? Not all transgenders dress as women.

edit on 25-5-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: SisterDelirium
The bottom line, for me, is that whatever trans issues are taking place at the moment, bathrooms haven't been exactly a "safe haven" for a while now--for anyone.

True, there have been attacks, including sexual attacks in the past by men in women's bathrooms. But that had happened when people weren't present noticing whether a man enters a woman's restroom. Now with this law, these men who want to assault, molest, or violate women and children have more leeway to do as they please. This law will increase the incidence of such assaults, molestation etc.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

I agree fully with your conclusions here.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Im2keul

Glad to have upset you so severely. 😈

Mwahahahaha!

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

The pickle is that transgender people still exist and need to use the washroom/changeroom

Here's an example of the logic you're citing:

SEATAC, Wash. – A man was arrested Friday after allegedly taking photos of a boy in a Sea-Tac Airport restroom.

The airport says a father saw the man, in his mid-40s, taking the photo of his son in a bathroom stall. The father called Port of Seattle Police and the man was arrested on investigation of voyeurism.

King5 News (Same Source)

Therefore ban all gay men from the men's washroom.
edit on 25-5-2016 by DeadFoot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
Im2keul

Glad to have upset you so severely. 😈

Mwahahahaha!

Yea, pee with me pussy cat.
Until you cut it off/add, trans is not a reality. new wave PC BS.!!!!!

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Im2keul

Is that some sort of half-baked threat? Or do you genuinely want me to void my bladder with you?

The fact is the OP was a gross misrepresentation of the actual facts of this little girls harrowing ordeal. An ordeal that had nothing to do with transgender individuals.

😽 meow

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadFoot

The pickle is that transgender people still exist and need to use the washroom/changeroom

I have already shown that even there are people in the transgender and LGB community who are against this. If you are a transgender who has gone through sex reassignment, even though there is a high risk, at least that person doesn't have male sexual part and is in a woman's restroom.

Why is it that you want more women, and children to feel less secure in the women's bathroom? I wouldn't want my girlfriend in the women's bathroom with someone who is mentally confused and still has male organs. It's not safe, and it's not right. The right of women and children doesn't count to you?

edit on 25-5-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I guess the OP has the motto of "never let a tragedy go to waste".

BTW, I don't want to use tragedies such as this one, I want tragedies such as this one being reduced because i know it would be unfortunately impossible to stop them completely.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Im2keul

The fact is the OP was a gross misrepresentation of the actual facts of this little girls harrowing ordeal. An ordeal that had nothing to do with transgender individuals.

😽 meow

Agreed, the OP never proved misrepresentation.
However, the subject strikes a chord with me.
there is no "Trans" without the transferring of a sex.
On topic, you are right, for the OT, yea, Come pee with me Reowr!

I'm a man and I act like one.
edit on 25-5-2016 by Im2keul because: FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCkkkkkkkkkkkUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

SEATAC, Wash. – A man was arrested Friday after allegedly taking photos of a boy in a Sea-Tac Airport restroom.

The airport says a father saw the man, in his mid-40s, taking the photo of his son in a bathroom stall. The father called Port of Seattle Police and the man was arrested on investigation of voyeurism.

King5 News (Same Source)

Therefore ban all gay men from the washroom.

gay men are interested in other ADULT gay men....that man taking pics of the little boy is a pedophile...BIG difference..not the same thing AT ALL

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100

King5 News (Same Source)

Therefore ban all gay men from the washroom.

gay men are interested in other ADULT gay men....that man taking pics of the little boy is a pedophile...BIG difference..not the same thing AT ALL

Exactly my point (you may have missed the sarcasm)

Transgender folk are also not pedophiles.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

I have already shown that even there are people in the transgender and LGB community who are against this.

Don't care.

Why is it that you want more women, and children to feel less secure in the women's bathroom? I wouldn't want my girlfriend in the women's bathroom with someone who is mentally confused and still has male organs. It's not safe, and it's not right. The right of women and children doesn't count to you?

More? Erm... The chances of one of these circumstances actually happening is closer to zero than most statistics I analyze on a regular basis.

The chances of a transgendered person, in the circumstaces in their entire life, having to use a public restroom or changeroom is 100%.

100% to almost 0%.

Perhaps I'm just a mathematically inclined fellow who doesn't embrace low-percentage fears as an argument for high-percentage freedom. In most of my views, I accept freedom over safety, making this topic very easy for me to decide a standpoint on.

Transgender people should not have to listen to your rules based on your irrational fear of such an unlikely situation that has nothing to do with them.
edit on 25-5-2016 by DeadFoot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Then Maaybe they need to write a stipulation into the law that says you must prove you are undergoing treatment to go into the opposite bathroom or face prosecution right?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Men can follow women into restrooms and do horrible things without any law. This hardly provides any support against such a law.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   

AugustusMasonicus

I second this motion. I read nothing about him dressing as a woman.

One doesn't have to dress as a woman to "identify" as one. It would be discriminatory. It is for this legal technicality why Transgender bathroom laws AS THEY ARE are complete BS.

Some women dress as men but still identify as women. This is where the issue comes up. If it is made universal that Trans people can use the bathroom they identify with without having to prove it (not something I endorse at all).,And because of anti discrimination laws we can't say "we wi let this manly looking individual with a wig on use the female restroom and not this Trans individual who dresses like a man" because legally that would be no different than discriminating against a legit female who chose to wear male clothes - easily grounds for a civil lawsuit.

I don't see why this is such a difficult concept to grasp.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Wrong agenda in this thread. Story has nothing to do with transgender issues currently flying around.

I personally believe genders should visit the bathroom that was assigned to them at birth, but that is neither here nor there.. starting threads to spread propaganda won't help the issue.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

No links, because either my memory was faulty or I was just typing the incorrect thing. The supposed stat is that 1/4 of college women have claimed to have been sexually assaulted or raped, and getting to the meat of that, only about half of their claims actually fall in line with legal definitions of SA or rape.

I'm trying very hard to find either the links I used in the other post, or the post itself, with no luck.

Ah, here we go, and this is my confused memory combining separate statistics:

United Nations researchers just published a sweeping study on the roots of sexual violence, spanning six countries and two years. The survey, which they say represents the world’s largest scientific project into the subject so far, aimed to investigate the “under-researched” area of male-perpetrated rape. On average, about one in four men included in the study said they had raped someone at some point in their lives. One in ten had raped someone who wasn’t their romantic partner.

Source

I generally don't use ThinkProgress as a source, but it links to the actual study, so I'm okay with it. Anyhoo, this one-in-four stat is men who claimed to have raped someone, but none of the countries included in the study are the United States, so this is discussing a rape culture in other countries, not ours.

Sorry for the confusion, but my other stats still stand, and this type of legislation will make it easier for these rapists to have access to victims by opening up all restrooms to both sexes. I'm not saying that rapes will automatically increase, but the chance is there, all in the spirit of appeasing 0.3% (at most) of our population who might be uncomfortable using a restroom that matches their junk instead of their appearance.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258
Some women dress as men but still identify as women. This is where the issue comes up. If it is made universal that Trans people can use the bathroom they identify with without having to prove it (not something I endorse at all).,And because of anti discrimination laws we can't say "we wi let this manly looking individual with a wig on use the female restroom and not this Trans individual who dresses like a man" because legally that would be no different than discriminating against a legit female who chose to wear male clothes - easily grounds for a civil lawsuit.

I don't see why this is such a difficult concept to grasp.

Yup. I have a lesbian couple with whom I'm very good friends, and one of them definitely plays "the butch role" (her words, not mine) and dresses like a man and even has short hair like a man. Hell, she's even a correctional officer, and when in uniform, it can really throw off someone who doesn't know them.

She absolutely identifies as a woman, though, and even gets some odd looks when using the women's restroom. But she doesn't whine about it because it's her choice to look the way that she does, and she understands that it will make some people uncomfortable. She's okay with that reality, and doesn't think that the government needs to hold her hand through life just so that she can feel a little less awkward from time to time.

It's the ridiculous threat of civil suits against businesses and individuals that are creating this problem--it's political correctness run amuck, and I think it's one of the ingredients that is destroying our society.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join