It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huffington Post Editor's Photo of 'Diverse' Meeting Immediately Backfires

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
How the hell is that diverse?
Not one red head in the whole room!

Yeah, your right! RED HEAD POWER!! Red Head lives matter!!

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

Well of course there are no red heads! Gingers have no souls.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Not surprised, HP is a terrible, terrible "news" site.

I mean I like to think of myself who can read both so called left and right and come out with ideas from both, but HP is just too much. As an able bodied straight white male I am made to feel like Hitler reincarnated. No thanks.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Looks like most guys would agree with you.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Forced diversity is the stupidest idea ever. I am so utterly confused. On one hand, we are always all the same. Humans. People left, right and centre tell me that underneath the skin we are all the same but officially, we are apparently really, really different from each other.

So different that some get 'special' treatment. Again, it's not the behaviour or culture that is criticised, no, it's the skin colour.

Police are shooting people 'because' they are black, no other reason. Forget the behaviour[s] that may have led to such racism [read here: correlation of cause and effect. As in: more crime committed by group A who have a common denominator [black skin] leads to prejudice].

I always said [but was told off, because apparently there is no culture or group behaviour amongst similar people], that people within certain cultures do behave similar and it is entirely logic that if you make a list of all the cultures, some group's MUST be at the bottom [i.e culture is not working too well] and some other groups behaviour will be on the top [seems to work excellently].

Good news is we are all capable of changing our ways and take responsibility for our own actions.

With that in mind, diversity [i.e the fixation on skin colour as an indicator] is quite racist. I believe that anyone, from anywhere can live a decent, honest life, if they want to. And people from all backgrounds can work wherever they are interested or good at.

If that means there are certain jobs that only certain people are interested in, let them, otherwise you'll get workers that have no drive. And please don't tell me the whole world is holding people with a lot of melatonin in their skin back deliberately.

It is simply not true. If you are keen and eager and do a good job, people will want to hire you and people will like you and lift the image of people similar to you.
Behaviour and consequences. Not melatonin.

End off.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I think most of us realize this now, but just to be clear: the headline and spin of the OP's article is a lie. The tweet was not about diversity at all, but about the women editors.

As the New York Times’ Public Editor Margaret Sullivan wrote recently “I’m hoping that someday, the idea of discussing ‘Where are the women?’ in journalism will seem completely unnecessary. But we’re not there yet.” Not by a long shot.

mediashift.org...
edit on 22-5-2016 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: Domo1

Agreed - it's not diversity until I see dwarfs, people that marry inanimate objects, at least one crazy cat lady with a shopping trolley, robots, blow-up partners, that dude that eats planes and bikes and the bloke that has more holes in his face than a sieve?

No, it's still totally fine to discriminate against those groups.

Even political correctness has its limitations and built-in hypocrisy.

I wonder how they decide whose feelings are still ok to hurt.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

And I also think the point has been made several times in this thread that HuffPo is one of the leading cheerleaders for the SJW brigade in popular media. This does not have to directly be a post touting their diversity in order for it to be a damning indictment of their staff and adherence to what they constantly preach to the rest of us.

Also, the idea that there are no women in journalism or publishing is likewise a lie. As I pointed out myself, I work in publishing and our office looks pretty much like that one. Women have a natural affinity and facility with language, so it would be expected that more women are going to be working in positions where they deal with the language than men.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
An poorly conceived publicity stunt.A dozen white women?Lol.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Its very diverse. I see a woman, a troll, a white pillar, a floating head, an amputee, other unidentifiable creatures. Start on the right and work your way around. Look closely, they are all very different.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
FOX ENTERTAINMENT - - - objecting.

Even if they have a point, they've become such a joke - - I can't take it seriously.

I don't know for a fact what this picture is of. Will wait for further info.

You don't know for a fact what this is a picture of? It's the picture HuffPo tweeted to prove their diversity. It wasn't posted by FOX. It was posted by HuffPo. They posted it to celebrate their diversity. How diverse are they? Not very.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It's not that there are no women in journalism. It's that there are fewer women editors in high profile news type media. Editor is a higher position than writer. For example, in 2011, Jill Abramson was the first female executive editor of the New York Times. You know what that means, right? It means that in it's 160-year history, all the other executive editors of the New York Times have been men.

Say what you want about HuffPo, but they are fairly high profile, and they do cover news stories. And yeah, it's a pretty big deal when you have a high profile news media that has so many female editors.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

originally posted by: Annee
FOX ENTERTAINMENT - - - objecting.

Even if they have a point, they've become such a joke - - I can't take it seriously.

I don't know for a fact what this picture is of. Will wait for further info.

You don't know for a fact what this is a picture of? It's the picture HuffPo tweeted to prove their diversity. It wasn't posted by FOX. It was posted by HuffPo. They posted it to celebrate their diversity. How diverse are they? Not very.

It's a pic of editors.

What division? Is this all the editors, or just some that work in certain areas?

Here's what the Twitter comment actually says: Notice anything about this @HuffingtonPost editors meeting? 💃💃💪🏼💪🏼

From the look of the emojis it looks like it says "Women Power".

No where is diversity mentioned that I can see.

edit on 22-5-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

A room full of young white women is diverse? Really? Wow...

Now, I don't care who is hired, if the hiring is done on merit, but I have a hard time believing that not a single guy, or a single older person, or a single person of any other color applied or was qualified.

Epic fail!

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

A room full of young white women is diverse? Really? Wow...

Someone show me any where the intention of this photo was diversity.

Or where the twitter message mentions diversity.

What it does show is 2 females, and 2 muscle arms. Its saying "Women Power".

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: prepared4truth

There are more women in the USA than men. Do you not find it ironic that women are considered a minority? ESPECIALLY considering the fact that they have so much privilege over men?

We really need to talk about female privilege in the USA.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Looks like a guy has a nice case against gender discrimination.

Then again so do transgenders.

And clearly the Hu Po doesn't practice affirmative action.

Rather odd for a left leaning trash rag.

edit on 23-5-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Why are you asking me? Check links in the OP and elsewhere. I commented on what was posted. I didn't post it.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Deny ignorance. Don't just assume that what's in the OP is accurate, especially when it is incendiary in nature.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

They tweeted the pic on Diversity Day. Did you think that was just a coincidence?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join