It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adults Throwing Temper-Tantrums Could Be Suffering From Disorder

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: harvestdog

I'm going to go out on a limb and say pharmaceutical companies will have a drug out for it in about 2 weeks.

I've got a natural cure for this disorder. It's called a boot to the ass.
Severe cases may also require a knuckle sandwich.
Skunk ape 23 You rock man! I agree! Boot in the Ass Therapy! (BITA Therapy) Better that DBT!

en.wikipedia.org...

Wow, I guess its already in the DSM V.
edit on 22-5-2016 by HUMBLEONE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I know this as Explosive Personality Disorder, but call it tantruming if you like. Some of it, as in histrionics, and other personality disorders is attention seeking, but mostly born from anxiety disorders and creates a mess for those who have it. They don't want it.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

Wow, I guess its already in the DSM V.

Been in DSM for years and years. This is not new, it's just being sensationalized.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

Glad you endured all the storms and didn't turnkey out like some others. Not everyone's affected negatively by being alone. Some might to be as strong as you, though.

If anything, it is the parenting skills, or lack thereof that give children/ teens/ and eventually adults, this narcissistic quality..because they don't know how to say " NO", and because our rights to discipline our children in a constructive way have been taken away. Give kids all the freedom to rule the world without consequence and you get narcissistic adults.

Well thanks for agreeing with me after all, latch key parenting is just one possible cause, so is neglect ( i was raised in that environment) and other reasons like using TV as a baby sitter, for instance. Narcissism is a direct result of lack of empathy on kids parts because their parents just didn't or couldn't care. Children see, children do.

(post by pl3bscheese removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
That, and that sort thrives on chaos! We know who is really behind all this, at the root!

INDEED we do. And he won't let up until Armageddon.

We know it will get worse and worse exactly along the lines of the OP.

In that way, and in ways we either can't imagine, or don't want to imagine!

In society where bad behavior is called a "disorder", or even excused as normal, anything is possible.

These days, the inmates really are running the asylum.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Not only are the inmates running the asylum . . .

they think they OWN the asylum, town, county, State, Nation, Continent, planet, solar system.

. . . further . . . that it is their unDivine 'right' to treat the serfs and slaves however their whims dictate.

And creating mental health label after label is a great way for them to manage such !!!CONTROL!!!

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Nah it's just people can do freaky things when they feel pushed to a level they can no longer handle, it's a sign that people are just generally pissed off now, and are fed up with handling # that they aren't willing to take anymore... Though rolling around on the floor is a bit much lol, I think people are just having trouble coping with the world they live in.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   

It is definitely a real disorder. I worked with kids who unfortunately could not be trusted to get through any task whatsoever without throwing a chair, knocking everything off of a desktop, etc.

This is an established malady. It probably does have to do with poor parenting, but "morals"? I don't see where "morals" come into it at all. We just tried to help coach them in self-control.

Most likely their parents are histrionic, violent, and loud along with being overbearing. I think it's a learned behavior. Bad parents are bad.

And one of the key ingredients is the 'goodness of fit' between parental disposition and style, and the child's innate temperament, sensitivity, and responsiveness. A kid raised with loud, belligerent, pushy and violent parents is going to turn out that way. I don't see what's so hard to understand about this. Every child has a unique temperament, personality, sensitivity to their surroundings, etc. This is known fact.

Work in a neo-natal ward for a while, and notice how each baby has a distinctly different way of responding to stimulus. Some are easy going, some get freaked out at a mere touch. If a parent or care provider is unable to recognize the baby's cues (feedback), they can fail miserably at raising that child into his or her ultimate potential - it is what it is. Parenting is EVERYTHING.
edit on 5/23/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Oh, and also - parents and caregivers need to teach children to use their WORDS instead of acting out their feelings. A child needs to know the words for what they are feeling....

frustrated
tense
calm
upset
angry
bored
happy
curious
anxious
eager
jealous
sad
frightened
proud

etc.

Far, far too many people are never taught to identify their feelings. It results in explosive adults who are easily overwhelmed by the smallest thing. Helicopter parenting can produce this, so also can violent, punitive, authoritarian parenting. Children need coaching, guidance, examples, and unconditional love.

"Inappropriate Attention-Seeking Behavior" is an epidemic in this country - and it's a direct result of people not taking psychology and parenting seriously. Messed up people produce MESSED UP KIDS, who become messed up adults, who mess up their kids, and so on and so forth. If no one in the system recognizes and breaks the pattern - it goes on forever.

Understanding of family systems.
Emotional intelligence.
Appropriate expression of feelings.
Interpersonal skills.

All exquisitely important, necessary and lacking in our society.

You might be surprised how few adults can identify, let alone explain their feelings.

edit on 5/23/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

science as a platform

Well there's your big fail, equating Psychiatry with Science

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

They KNOW that will result in chaos, destruction etc. in the culture. They are helping create that and fan it into bonfire proportions because they WANT it to help DESTROY THE OLD ORDER

May God have mercy on all of good heart as this Nation and culture get flushed down the chute to hell--deliberately and by design.

So it was all right whilst the booze was flowing at the Party for the last 40 years for the US with endless wars - whats the problem now?

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Here's another one I find absolutely bizarre. When an adult tells someone they feel bullied because someone criticized them, and pleas them to stop. What kind of adult can't take criticism and allows their selves to feel bullied?

I'm pretty sure little bitch syndrome, erm... explosive hormones disorder (whatever it's called) is on the rise. Hopefully what I'm witnessing is only confined to the US, and not a global sissyness.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Well put.

One size does NOT fit all, when it comes to parenting different individual kids. Even identical twins are different.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Thanks! I do know my stuff....it's just not often that I get heard. A bump from you is great, BO.

edit on 5/23/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: it get i gets whatever. it's nice to be heard

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Not only are the inmates running the asylum . . .

they think they OWN the asylum, town, county, State, Nation, Continent, planet, solar system.

. . . further . . . that it is their unDivine 'right' to treat the serfs and slaves however their whims dictate.

And creating mental health label after label is a great way for them to manage such !!!CONTROL!!!

It seems to be working well for them. Considering all the evidence, one could make the case that some mental problems are contagious! We know, of course, that it's more spiritual than anything else.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Thanks! I do know my stuff....it's just not often that I get heard. A bump from you is great, BO.

I have always been impressed with and respected your skills and training. Sorry if I haven't made that clear.

I greatly appreciate your knowledgeable emphasis on solid ATTACHED, loving, balanced etc. parenting.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

It seems to be working well for them. Considering all the evidence, one could make the case that some mental problems are contagious! We know, of course, that it's more spiritual than anything else.

AGREED.

And . . . Erich Fromm noted decades ago in THE SANE SOCIETY that in an insane society, only the insane would be . . . sane.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Yeah that was kind of the point...

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Well, of course! If the actual sane people were considered so, they'd be locking up or treating the ones who were not!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join