It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adults Throwing Temper-Tantrums Could Be Suffering From Disorder

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: harvestdog
I think this adult-baby mentality is an effect of societies push to coddle people from cradle to grave.

Somewhere along the way, parents have relinquished their duty to instill in their children discipline, instead handing that responsibility onto a society who never wants to the child right from wrong for fear of offending somebody.

A bit of effect from the moral relativism crowd that wants to portray everyone and their culture as equal.

Somewhere along the way, a good segment of society has stopped growing up and lost their self-respect. I mean how could you have any self-respect if you can bring yourself to throw a tantrum in public like a toddler?

Time to start handing out trophies for first place, and stop with this awarding participation. It is only hurting our children.

WISE WORDS, there, imho.

Alas . . . those who would do what they want to do, when and where and how they want to do it--with NO restraints--CANNOT tolerate discipline of any sort or degree. Enslavement to compulsions labeled as freedom is more their habit.

Yet, the heart is deceitfully wicked in the best of us . . . we all do well to discipline ourselves . . . some were taught how . . . many weren't.

Many aren't so taught. To the great destruction of society in general.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

True enough.

Nevertheless,

Some folks . . . and thereby some clusters of folks . . . and thereby some groups . . . large and small . . . lean more one way than the other.

It might pay to notice which way one's reference groups were leading one . . . lest one wake-up in the hog wallow wondering where the stink is coming from.

Some parents, some value orientations . . . some groups . . . teach self-discipline and some don't. There are consequences for either route, either practice.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: harvestdog

It is a real disorder. Remember the "turn key kids"? In order to make ends meet both parents had to work, so kids came home from school and occupied themselves, mostly. These kids have now grown up and raised their own kids, children raising children.

Now they are 'grown up' adult children. Never learned coping skills, how to deal with emotions, rejection, peer pressure, etc.

Sandbox rules. We're in a lot of trouble. This country is being run by adult children.

I resent this theory. As a "latch key kid" I had to grow up fast and take care of myself. When my father became ill with cancer, I was taking care of him while my mother worked to support us..at age 7. He died when I was 10, and mom still had to support us. I was a latch key kid till adulthood. I cooked for myself, did my own laundry, cleaned the house, and have successfully raised children of my own. Contrary to what you believe, being on my own gave me excellent coping skills, and how to deal with the emotions of a single parent household. Without that childhood...I wouldn't have been prepared for my life such as it is. I have no idea how you think being a latch key kid doesn't teach how to deal with rejection, or peer pressure. I have school friends who were raised in a two parent, 9-5 working household, and suffer more entitlement issues than I can even fathom.I'm not perfect, but I don't throw adult tantrums, and I certainly don't have a temper because of the childhood life dealt me. If anything, it is the parenting skills, or lack thereof that give children/ teens/ and eventually adults, this narcissistic quality..because they don't know how to say " NO", and because our rights to discipline our children in a constructive way have been taken away. Give kids all the freedom to rule the world without consequence and you get narcissistic adults.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Well, the trend seems to be to label all sorts of things as "disorders" that are simply bad behavior, and to not label as disorders things that clearly are, so no surprise here!

I wonder, some days, if it's got anything to do with declaring people mentally ill and unable to thus purchase weapons.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

WIKI ARTICLE ON LABELING:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
[BTW, more folks will read your post if it is divided up into paragraphs no more than 5-7 lines long.

originally posted by: AccessDenied
I resent this theory. As a "latch key kid" I had to grow up fast and take care of myself. When my father became ill with cancer, I was taking care of him while my mother worked to support us..at age 7. He died when I was 10, and mom still had to support us. I was a latch key kid till adulthood.

Theories of human behavior MUST refer primarily to exclusively to GENERALIZED GROUPS and GENERALIZED BEHAVIORS. There will virtually always be exceptions.

The theory can have great validity and not refer to you, much at all.

What a rough row to hoe you had! CONGRATS on making the most and best of it. Many do not. Probably most do not.

I'm curious, were you close to your Dad before he died? Particularly the first 6-8 years of your life? I'm guessing that you were above average close to your Dad, those years, compared to your average classmates.

I cooked for myself, did my own laundry, cleaned the house, and have successfully raised children of my own.

Given that, I'd guess again, that you were uncommonly close to a genuinely loving Dad the first 6 years of your life. It's not certain--but highly likely.

IF you were not--then your achievements are even more incredible. imho, You are likely truly one in 100,000 or more.

Contrary to what you believe, being on my own gave me excellent coping skills, and how to deal with the emotions of a single parent household. Without that childhood...I wouldn't have been prepared for my life such as it is. I have no idea how you think being a latch key kid doesn't teach how to deal with rejection, or peer pressure.

Certainly such CAN teach those things. But the child must be in a frame of mind and attitude to learn. And, the child must feel that their doing right things brings improved consequences. Many in such situations do not learn much beyond very dysfunctional habits and attitudes and a ton of negative stuff.

I have school friends who were raised in a two parent, 9-5 working household, and suffer more entitlement issues than I can even fathom.

That's certainly true. Two parents does not mean TWO SECURELY & lovingly ATTACHED (to the child) PARENTS.

I'm not perfect, but I don't throw adult tantrums, and I certainly don't have a temper because of the childhood life dealt me. If anything, it is the parenting skills, or lack thereof that give children/ teens/ and eventually adults, this narcissistic quality..because they don't know how to say " NO", and because our rights to discipline our children in a constructive way have been taken away. Give kids all the freedom to rule the world without consequence and you get narcissistic adults.

INDEED. MUCH AGREE.

THANKS for your fine comments.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Well, the trend seems to be to label all sorts of things as "disorders" that are simply bad behavior, and to not label as disorders things that clearly are, so no surprise here!

I wonder, some days, if it's got anything to do with declaring people mentally ill and unable to thus purchase weapons.

Yeah. I think you are likely quite accurate. Though I don't think that's the only reason. They really want chaos and an excuse to depopulate more aggressively accordingly.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I thought it was called being a little bitch, but apparently it's more than that and an actual disorder... my I marvel by how many discoveries occur in psychology as the days pass by. It just must be a science I mean how else could they discover so much?!

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

They really want chaos and an excuse to depopulate more aggressively accordingly.

You do realize "depopulate" means a decrease in population, right?

I don't know if you're aware that we add some 80 million each year. There's no depopulation. You're confused.
edit on 21-5-2016 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese

They really want chaos and an excuse to depopulate more aggressively accordingly.

You do realize "depopulate" means a decrease in population, right?

I don't know if you're aware that we add some 80 million each year. There's no depopulation. You're confused.

I'm NOT confused at all.

Their DEPOPULATION schemes are mostly covert and RELATIVELY low key, at present . . . They are mostly counting on WWII and some engineered plagues--probably to be loosed more big-time around the same time as WWIII.

Perhaps if you'd studied the oligarchy and globalism since 1965, you'd have a similar perspective, as I do.

I am skeptical we can have a very meaningful dialogue if you really aren't that informed about what the oligarchy is up to on such scores.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

So then you're so confused that you don't have a reasonable comeback.

Allow me to be very clear... depopulation means a decline in population. There is no depopulation. This can be objectively verified by sources worldwide. It requires no belief, speculation, or assumptions on future outcomes.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Yeah. I think you are likely quite accurate. Though I don't think that's the only reason. They really want chaos and an excuse to depopulate more aggressively accordingly.

That, and that sort thrives on chaos! We know who is really behind all this, at the root!

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

No. I'm not at all confused and I don't appreciate your insulting comment that I am. This thread is not about my level of confusion or lack of confusion.

The oligarchy's depopulation schemes have not been brought full force online, on the table, overtly on the world stage at this time.

Nevertheless, some of them are operating at a moderately low key level. No, they have not impacted the total population growth of the planet YET.

It is a well and repeatedly stated goal of the oligarchy to CREATE CONFUSION, CHAOS, DISTRESS, TRAUMA, DEATH AND DESTRUCTION

and THEN

upon the resulting ashes to raise, Phoenix-like, a NEW WORLD ORDER.

IN THAT REGARD--it has LONG been their goal to destroy the family and to rear several generations of folks who will be literally brain damaged because of severe attachment disorder. The serious degrees of attachment disorder will also leave such individuals greatly lacking in security and greatly more immature over the whole of their lives than if they had lacked serious degrees of attachment disorder.

Further, to rear those generations with exaggerated expectations of entitlement helps make them more socially volatile and increases the likelihood that such individuals will create chaos, mayhem, suffering etc. as they !!!DEMAND!!! individually or in mobs rioting for "THEIR RIGHTS" whether there's any true RIGHTS involved, or not.

No, we have not reached that critical mass, YET.

It IS building inexorably and more and more dramatically toward such a critical mass of angry, dissatisfied, immature, fit-throwing adults who act like 2 year olds without their binkies/pacifiers.

I'm reminded of the young adults who felt that the current WH imposter in chief promised them cell phones.

Sigh.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   

That, and that sort thrives on chaos! We know who is really behind all this, at the root!

INDEED we do. And he won't let up until Armageddon.

We know it will get worse and worse exactly along the lines of the OP.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Reminds me of Hank Hill: "You see, I recently came to realize that I, too, suffer from a disability. It's called G.W.S., Good Worker Syndrome. I get sick to my stomach unless everyone around me is giving a hundred and ten percent. The symptoms include pride, responsibility, and a feverish enthusiasm. It used to be a common condition among Americans."

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Some of these societal discussions, I believe include self-fulfilling prophecies. Even the classic films and books themselves can form a bit of tunnel vision where society follows-the-leader on a path that was conceived as fiction.

Take the example cited in the OP, of people acting up on camera. Well, pretty easy to think...maybe they saw similar behavior on camera and then emulate it. Maybe they are under the impression that this behaviour elsewhere was acceptable, successful or somehow desirable, and undertook the same thing. Thus, the camera footage begat more and more footage, ad infinitum.

This effect then, can lay completely outside of psych "abnormalities", which is how behaviour is defined...as "normal" or not.

edit on 22-5-2016 by FlyingFox because: freedom

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   
My contribution to this thread comes as personal experience with long-term mental illness. I am Bipolar I, treatment-resistant severe major depression with psychotic features.

The particular experience I want to relate is akin to the OP subject.

Briefly, I was entering psychosis without realizing it. It began with a Tourette's-like syndrome. I was uncontrollably swearing inappropriately at work.

I can absolutely see an adult tantrum. This is sort of what happened to me and I had NO CONTROL over it. I know that seems incredible, but there it is.

In the depths of my psychosis I did something I would never do in my right mind - I started wrestling with four police officers!

All I can offer is this - The brain is NOT well-understood and we should remain open-minded about what apparently crazy people do and why.
edit on 5/22/2016 by Restricted because: GD'd punctuation

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

For the kids, I'd prescribe a good old dose of "hand to the @ss." Apply as needed until child can control IED ...

Oh, how hilarious, I just realized we are now classifying people as IEDs.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Restricted

I understand what you mean about not being able to control your brain when it really goes haywire. I have had aura attacks pior to migraine that have stricken me functionally blind, and the worst ones will make me aphasic ... nothing is creepier than knowing 100% what you intend to say and then opening your mouth to say it and having absolute, unintelligible gabble comes out.

But ...

That being said, you and I are in the severe minority. I do think a lot of these instances are down to people who simply never learned how to control themselves more than people like you and I who can control ourselves perfectly well under normal circumstance and then the brain short circuits for one reason or another so we ride off the rails on everyone.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join