It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adults Throwing Temper-Tantrums Could Be Suffering From Disorder

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: harvestdog

It follows that if a child is allowed to throw temper tantrums at will without repercussions form an able parent, then that child will grow up child-like along several spectrums even if an adult displaying a temper tantrum is even more foolish looking to an onlooker than when a child does it. A social disease it is. An aspect of the "ME" generation of spoiled, unschooled, and acting out individuals.

I suggest that there is a relationship, deeply buried, of adult temper tantrums to other bizarre actions such as young people suicides and adult males choosing to kill their entire families and themselves when life does not go their way.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
It's a byproduct of the family model being broken, lack of father figures and a cultural push towards a lack of accountability and responsibility and instead a push towards the "everyone is a victim" model we're currently seeing.

Coping skills have been washed away and increasingly, people don't know how to act when things don't go their way or they are told something which disagrees with their beliefs.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

"
Sorry there bud its not the liberals who are stuck in the past, good to see you blaming the liberals again, the harder you guys try, the bigger the fail.

Most liberals dont follow a book written by men more than 2000 years ago."

And because of that this country is an absolute mess now. It is now a breedingh ground for mental illness, violence, theft, an on and on. Ive watched these changes since I was a kid in the 60s.Our once great nation is now in its death throes
edit on 21-5-2016 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

Most liberals dont follow a book written by men more than 2000 years ago.
"

And because of that this country is an absolute mess now. It is now a breedingh ground for mental illness, violence, theft, an on and on. Ive watched these changes since I was a kid in the 60s.Our once great nation is now in its death throes

ACTUALLY . . .

It is the liberal bent of folks who are following a MUCH OLDER PLAYBOOK . . .

written in the wails of the children placed on the fiery red-hot arms of the idol god Molach . . . (often for CONVENIENCE) . . . many thousands of years ago in Babylon.

The oligarchy is rushing to take the whole planet back to such practices as fast as they can get away with it.

And the liberal bent of the population is sucking up all the memes, habits, excesses, idolatries etc. heading in that direction like it was the greatest set of things since banana splits.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Lol at you bringin bible talk to an adult conversation, its the religious people who are stuck in the past.

Moloch my ars, its all fantasy.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I think a lot of in has to do with immediate gratification.

A lot of people seem to get agitated if they don't get it NOW.

I worked in the retail service sector for over a decade and saw the slow decline of civil behavior on the part of consumers over the course of the past fifteen years. It even reached a point where I had to bow out of that line of employment because....even as patient a person as I am...I could not stand by and allow myself to be treated in the manner that some people seem to think is appropriate when it comes to those who service them. This fad of screaming and throwing fits pushed me over the edge.

I'd quote Fight Club, but I really don't want to talk about it.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TheOnlyAnswer

I am thinking we are getting closer to THX-1138 type dystopian society than what Huxley envisioned.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

It appears that your 'study' of history

as well as of the present

could profitably be supplemented.

Perhaps you'd benefit if you began with a study of the fall of Rome.

Then you might consider what happened with those ruling families . . . and their continued reign of wealth and !!!CONTROL!!!

You might supplement those studies with a greater research into hedonism, selfishness, arrogance, entitlement, the occult, secret societies, NWO, etc. etc. etc.

And, given what I read in your replies, probably a fairly extensive study of ATTACHMENT DISORDER or Reactive Attachment Disorder--could enhance your understanding of such topics.

edit on 21/5/2016 by BO XIAN because: soften wording

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terminal1
a reply to: TheOnlyAnswer

I am thinking we are getting closer to THX-1138 type dystopian society than what Huxley envisioned.

Absolutely indeed. I watched George Lucas' Master's Thesis when it first came out. It sent a chill up my spine as I'd already been studying globalism for some time.

We are light years closer to it now than ever before. Huxley and Orwell were probably well connected with the oligarchy. But they certainly told it accurately as to what was planned and would happen.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

Lol at you bringin bible talk to an adult conversation, its the religious people who are stuck in the past.

Moloch my ars, its all fantasy.

There is a way that seems right to mankind, but in the end, it leads to death.
Have a nce day!

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

INDEED.

It grieves the soul of any thinking, thoughtful, mature, responsible person.

It bespeaks of the fracturing and disintegration of society and culture as a whole.

And the oligarchy has engineered such deliberately.

They studied what caused disintegration in societies and culture and then set about diligently establishing and engineering exactly those MOST DESTRUCTIVE factors and elements.

It's been long planned. And the plan has been long in the execution and operation stages. The fruition is at the door.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I wonder how many will wake up even as they surrender their own kids to the fires of a literal Molach?

They already do by the millions in surrendering their infants to the saline burning-to-death in abortions.

You and I both know that this is the era when black is called white and good called evil and evil is called good--EXACTLY AS THAT 2,000+ YEAR OLD "BOOK" DECLARED would be the case of the era that saw Israel become a nation again in a day (1948)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Which camp do you think fostered

virtually ALL the

ENTITLEMENT LEGISLATION and give-aways of the last 50 years?

Listen to this damn liberal entitlement speak:

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Now, as far as whining and complaining. Yep, the left does that, but you're sorely mistaken if you think the right doesn't whine and moan equally as much. See: Congress, ATS

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

It chilled me then even though I didn't see it till the 80s. The 70s were definitely filled with movies that asked a lot of the questions as to what movies are today. More to the entertainment/eyecandy but no real "thinkers".

Wish Lucas would remake THX-1138 and produce it. It would definitely be an eye opener to people who have not seen it to this day. The futuristic vision is just amazing and chilling to say the least.

I think Orwell and Huxley had elements that were correct but THX-1138 can definitely be closer to our future. Lucas is bang on with it IMHO.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terminal1
a reply to: BO XIAN

It chilled me then even though I didn't see it till the 80s. The 70s were definitely filled with movies that asked a lot of the questions as to what movies are today. More to the entertainment/eyecandy but no real "thinkers".

Wish Lucas would remake THX-1138 and produce it. It would definitely be an eye opener to people who have not seen it to this day. The futuristic vision is just amazing and chilling to say the least.

I think Orwell and Huxley had elements that were correct but THX-1138 can definitely be closer to our future. Lucas is bang on with it IMHO.

Well put. Very well put. Agreed.

Though, so many have been soooooooo successfully lobotomized by such full court press propaganda 24/7 from cradle to grave . . . millions are probably virtually INCAPABLE OF SEEING, OF WAKING UP . . . just as the oligarchy planned.

Maybe they should start teaching "THE ELOI SHUFFLE-TO-THE-GRAVE DANCE" in Jr High . . . given how well the oligarchy expects the sheeple to know it.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

Just a reminder...

*** ALL MEMBERS *** Ending Rudeness, Hate, Bigotry: Getting Back to Basics

This isn't a thread to argue liberals vs conservatives.....democrats vs republicans.....
Please stay on topic.....

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I think this adult-baby mentality is an effect of societies push to coddle people from cradle to grave.

Somewhere along the way, parents have relinquished their duty to instill in their children discipline, instead handing that responsibility onto a society who never wants to the child right from wrong for fear of offending somebody.

A bit of effect from the moral relativism crowd that wants to portray everyone and their culture as equal.

Somewhere along the way, a good segment of society has stopped growing up and lost their self-respect. I mean how could you have any self-respect if you can bring yourself to throw a tantrum in public like a toddler?

Time to start handing out trophies for first place, and stop with this awarding participation. It is only hurting our children.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I don't think it's based on any ideology, I also think it's been with us since the dawn of man.

There is no cure for being a dick, though.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I know what you mean about there always being A-holes in this world, I'm talking of the need to justify it in some way other than having the person just own their behavior. It just seems there always has to be some reason to justify the bad behavior.

Obviously, not all the people are just A-holes, a lot of them look like socially stunted individuals. They do not know how to act properly in public.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: harvestdog

Well, look to the pharmaceutical industry to capitalize on it as well as having some list it as a disability so they don't have to work.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join