It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adults Throwing Temper-Tantrums Could Be Suffering From Disorder

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

People usually associate temper-tantrums with children, but adults are being caught now pitching a fit.

CBS2’s Dick Brennan reported that more and more adults are being caught on tape throwing temper-tantrums. They kick, scream, fall to the floor, and throw things — and it doesn’t take much to set them off.

Adults throwing tantrums are also being caught on video thanks to today’s technology. But could there be something more going on?

Intermittent Explosive Disorder

Now it looks like A-holes can blame that on a disorder now. This seems like a joke but it's on the news so I guess it's real. Apparently some of these people seen in public acting like children that never grew up suffer from Intermittent Explosive Disorder, IED.

I'd venture to say this is a direct result of lack of parenting and lack of morals in the home.

I'm not sure if their is an angle to get more people of meds because of this or on a mental illness list for future 2nd Amendment infringement, but I don't believe this is a real disorder.

(post by iTruthSeeker removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: harvestdog

I'm going to go out on a limb and say pharmaceutical companies will have a drug out for it in about 2 weeks.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
www.madinamerica.com...

hahahahahahahahahaha

Treating intermittent explosive disorder, from Harvard Medical School:

"A number of medications are known to reduce aggression and prevent rage outbursts, including antidepressants (namely selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, or SSRIs), mood stabilizers (lithium and anticonvulsants), and antipsychotic drugs."

Intermittent Explosive Disorder, Child Mind Institute, under the subheading "Treatment":

"…a variety of medications have been used to help people with IED, including antidepressants and anti-anxiety medications, as well as anticonvulsants and other mood regulators. After a careful evaluation, a psychiatrist will prescribe the appropriate type of medication for an individual case."

edit on 21-5-2016 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

It is a real disorder. Remember the "turn key kids"? In order to make ends meet both parents had to work, so kids came home from school and occupied themselves, mostly. These kids have now grown up and raised their own kids, children raising children.

Now they are 'grown up' adult children. Never learned coping skills, how to deal with emotions, rejection, peer pressure, etc.

Sandbox rules. We're in a lot of trouble. This country is being run by adult children.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I'm going to go out on a limb and say pharmaceutical companies will have a drug out for it in about 2 weeks.

I've got a natural cure for this disorder. It's called a boot to the ass.
Severe cases may also require a knuckle sandwich.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

It reminds me of the Neflix Show Jessica Jones' villain Kilgrave. If you hadn't watched it, the villain has a childish personality with the power of mind control. One of his most disturbing traits is throwing tantrums despite being an an adult.

Here is a video, (watch at 6:40 to see an example of this)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

You've never dealt with conservatives on facebook I see.

Some resemble a apoplectic Rumplestiltskin with a bad case of St. Vitus dance and Nazi Tourettes.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Just bring Soma on to the market and be done with it.

We're heading that way as it is.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I'd venture to say this is a direct result of lack of parenting and lack of morals in the home.

Depends heavily on the individuals ability to be independent and assertive when making life choices. This is more likely due to a lack of discipline and learning that life does not pander to your desires all the time.
This is honestly just a bunch of man-children trying to legitimize their lack of maturity into adult hood by using science as a platform. I would simply just ignore fools like this as they want the attention,it's why children throw tantrums to begins with.

but I don't believe this is a real disorder.

And your opinion on mental illness matters...because..?

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I do think that the oligarchy has a strong investment in labeling everything under the sun.

And, that the labels then allow them to control whatever's labeled in devious ways to destructive ends.

On the other hand (with different fingers), a label is just a shorthand way to refer to something. It saves time.

It is when labels become codified in laws and policies that the evil multiplies.

Certainly, OF COURSE, this collection of behaviors originates in serious levels of ATTACHMENT DISORDER!

Add to that the oligarchy's full court press of seeding into the society from a list of media sources--moveis, TV, news, articles, education, Congress, politicos, celebrities etc. etc. the idea that every blinking individual is ENTITLED to WHATEVER fool thing their greed and selfishness fixate on--REGARDLESS--of whether they have even ever earned to the slightest degree the "right" to breathe air and take up space!

OK, Right. All children start out with such a God-given right to breathe air and take up space.

And they also have a genuine right--RARELY REALIZED in our era--to have two LOVING, VERY EMOTIONALLY ATTACHED, VERY HEALTHILY AFFECTIONATE PARENTS.

There's an epidemic of fathers bailing out on their role in that--and far too many mothers as well. We have kids having and rearing kids to an epidemic degree in our cultures around the world.

The oligarchy KNOWS that results in physiological BRAIN DAMAGE--LITERALLY--in the areas of the brain having to do with emotional expression and with managing relationships. They KNOW that will result in chaos, destruction etc. in the culture. They are helping create that and fan it into bonfire proportions because they WANT it to help DESTROY THE OLD ORDER. That will enable all the easier building of the "NEW ORDER" on top of the ashes of the old.

Sooooooooooooooooo, the sheeple shuffle along as Eloi toward the maws of the Morlachs pretending that MTV et al makes it a glorious groovey experience.

It doesn't suffering still hurts.

And throwing 2 year old fits at age 25 & 35 is still a disgraceful, hideous, destructive thing to watch or be near.

May God have mercy on all of good heart as this Nation and culture get flushed down the chute to hell--deliberately and by design.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Actually, in my experience

the LIBERAL REGRESSIVES seeking to "progress" us all the way back to Babylon

are much MORE addicted--in sheer numbers and in intensities--to the sense of ENTITLEMENT than conservatives come close to being.

I suspect there's some documentation on that but I don't have any ref's handy.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
a reply to: grey580

Actually, in my experience

the LIBERAL REGRESSIVES seeking to "progress" us all the way back to Babylon

are much MORE addicted--in sheer numbers and in intensities--to the sense of ENTITLEMENT than conservatives come close to being.

I suspect there's some documentation on that but I don't have any ref's handy.

[/quote

Sorry there bud its not the liberals who are stuck in the past, good to see you blaming the liberals again, the harder you guys try, the bigger the fail.

Most liberals dont follow a book written by men more than 2000 years ago.
edit on 21-5-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: Silly iphone

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Silly iPhone
edit on 21-5-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Which camp do you think fostered

virtually ALL the

ENTITLEMENT LEGISLATION and give-aways of the last 50 years?

Which camp fans the flames of the sheeple's dysfunctional emotions the most with empty promises?

Which camp rages into riots at the drop of a well placed wailing and whining hanky the most, if not exclusively?

Which camp takes up the "cause celebre" at the drop of a hat . . . of virtually every whining 2-year-old-mentality-emotionality--in a flash--particularly in the presence of news cameras?

Which camp thinks that it's virtually ALWAYS the OTHER person/group's responsibility whenever disappointment, pain, discomfort washes over them for whatever trumped up reason?

I could go on and on and on with such examples. Trying to tack such things to conservatives is absurd. The evidence is wholesale in the lap of the other end of the spectrum.

Actually, it is the liberal mentality that has fostered sooooooooooo much epidemic proportions of ATTACHMENT DISORDER--from Dr Spock on.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join