It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Record Snow Across Northern Hemisphere and it's Almost Summer | Mini Ice Age 2015-2035

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

I know exactly what you mean, and we are nearly a world apart.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Miccey
Northern Hemisphere is MORE than the states
American EGO at its finest...

In scandinavia there have been less and less snow in winter...
Soo?!?!?

In America you are considered one of the 'fly over' countries.

I really am enjoying the extended cold weather and snow.

Summer is too hot for me.

edit on 2016/5/20 by Metallicus because: eta

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

India and much of S.E. Asia is experiencing temps on the hot side they have not experienced for at least 65 years. The monsoons for the last two years have not kept up with the evaporation and usage so many reservoirs are at 30% or less.
Trust me, 43 C is to darn hot in Asia !

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

43 C is insane. I boil at 25 C

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Panhandle of Texas is getting the wet and constant fog this last few weeks.

We Usually are on fire this time of year.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: CoBaZ

That's a pretty typical El Nino effect.
amarillo.com...

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: CoBaZ

Yea, we had some pretty dense fog on the way home from work yesterday morning. It's nice, reminds me of central Texas.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I wish I had paid more attention to the El Niño effects when it happened last.

I had just moved here at the time. One thing, I do remember seeing much more stormy conditions that time around. Having moved here from the hill country, I found one hell of a pass time sitting on top of the garage, watching three to five different storm systems roll across the horizon.

It's kind of strange living in a place where you can climb fifteen feet and have a 75 mile view in all directions.

We have had some storms this time around, and a considerable amount of moisture compared to "normal", but not the highly electric storms that I saw in 96-97.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Just read an article that said some place over there in India had a 123.8 degree day. That is extreme in every sense of the word.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh

Just read an article that said some place over there in India had a 123.8 degree day. That is extreme in every sense of the word.

Add humidity which at those temps should not exist but it does, plus the population for the most part does not have electricity or are to poor to use it even for an electric fan and you have a recipe for heat related deaths.

It looks liken this monsoon season may be better than the last two for it actually has rained a few times in our area; I certainly hope so !

I kid you not I could see the whole area expanding into another Gobi desert over the next 50 years if relief does not come our way. Having said that .... it has happened before in cycles .... but I will be glad when this cycle is over.... to darn hot and messes up/dries out the golf courses !

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh

Wow. That really makes me realise how good I have it over here in comparison. I whinge about 95-100 F days here on the east coast of Australia, but that is almost unfathomable.

I'll tell you what, though. Although it's nowhere near as extreme as it is in India, over here we are still having days topping 30C (86F) in mid-May. It is less than two weeks before it is supposed to be winter. Usually our days top at least 4 or so degrees C less than they are right now around this time of year. So slightly abnormal, but not particularly baffling as I'm sure some of this is due to the effects of climate change

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
This year we got a lot less snow than normal and the cold wasn't it's usual "bitter till you cry uncle!"
Year before last we had a cold wet spring & summer that rolled right into a freezing fall, with normal snow levels.
This spring was warmer and earlier, then temps tanked and it's been cool and wet.

Two winters ago the snow evaporated instead of melting and sinking in. Weirdest thing ever!

They've been saying we're rolling into another little ice age since I was a young adult, 30+ years ago and way before global warming and the climate change whiners. Summers have for the most part since 1988 been cooler.
Running with the little ice age theory.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Its NOT snow its non transparent rain, we all know that the world is getting hotter

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

I was born just shortly after the "calls of impending ice age" that happened in the 70's.

I'm not sure that I'm fully vested in the idea, but I just enjoy this guys videos, and the information he presents. I'm just as hesitant to endorse global warming.

It's just changes, sometimes obviously cyclical.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Gotta love how he US automatically means the whole of the northern hemisphere. Over here in Europe especially the UK I've not had snow fall in my area for the last 3 years, we usually get to it

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: woogleuk

We've had it weird here in the North of England (more specifically, Cumbria) this past month.

Wake up and go outside, glorious hot tropical sunshine, not a cloud in sky, the sort one would expect in summer....by lunchtime that turns into rain and by evening snow / hail....then sunny.

All 4 seasons in one day? Mother nature has gone batty.

No no no not batty Mother Nature just our typical British weather. I was in the Lake District last year. Start of the week I was wearing thermals and cold weather gear by the end of the week I was in shorts and t shirt

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   

In Saskatchewan Canada, we have had very little snow and very little rain so far. It's more dry than a popcorn fart out here.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: superman2012

It wasn't half a decade ago that Texas was in the same dire straits. So I know how crazy that can be.

I hate seeing the super-blazes that Canada has gone through.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Yeah Alaska has been warm.

I'm sitting in my truck about to go into work, it's 50 right now at 5:30 in the morning.

The past few days have been freaking fantastic, low 70s.

Overall though things have definitely been changing. The past three winters have been really warm. It's pretty weird when you're so used to having snow to count on 9 months out of every year. It's sad too when you love snowboarding

Locals around here are constantly commenting on the weird weather.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Dubs
edit on 21-5-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join