It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Record Snow Across Northern Hemisphere and it's Almost Summer | Mini Ice Age 2015-2035

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

It is becoming a regular thing, but there was nearly a twenty year gap.
I wonder if that applies to Texas in general.
www.chron.com...

www.google.com...
edit on 5/22/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

With the state being as large as it is, it's kind of easy to make things apply generally.

In the time that I lived in central Texas, the hailstorms were a pretty rare event, now I know my old area has been hit a couple of times in the last couple of years.

There is 380 miles between where I live now and where I grew up. Two completely different climates.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I won't ask where you live but you can modify that search string to include your county.
Memory is not all that reliable.

This is a very strong El Nino event, I don't question that. It's that 20 year gap I'm curious about.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
years ago I read in a national geo that one of the effects of climate change would be dramatic cooling is some spots, western europe being one of them

WU released their summer forecast, and its cooler than average for the south and warmer than average for the rest

linky

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest
NOAA has a different take on it:
Jul-Aug-Sep

Sept-Oct-Nov

Could be a matter of the definition of average though.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

It's funny. First link I clicked on showed the four foot hail drifts that hit Amarillo in 2012.

Thing about Amarillo, it gets the craziest weather in Texas. Biggest snows, biggest freezes, etc.

If we all had it as bad as them, I don't think there would be a Texas.

I live about a half hour from Hobbs New Mexico, normally, we are the weather doldrums. The storms usually build here then hammer the hell out of everything to the north and east. Now they seem to be building at the state line and hammering us. It's like the building conditions have migrated to the desert southwest.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

txs. I hate seeing that A basically right above my house, lol

(connecticut)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

In Australia it's meant to be almost winter. It was quite cold during the day.. then strangely at night the temperature went up and it suddenly felt like a mild summer night. The news have just ignored these record temps now. We got used to them doing that.

Something is going on. I have noticed.. even the little old lady neighbors have noticed chatting waiting for a bus.

They are not telling us what it is and they know. This is not simply El Nino as they originally claimed. I am actually afraid of how hot next summer will be.

edit on 22-5-2016 by riley because: typos

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I'm not that familiar with Texas. MIDLAND/ODESSA, 2009
www.srh.noaa.gov...

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Look at who benefits from warming....Russia (Siberia), mainly, also Canada...?

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Is NOAA using their own modeling or the European modeling?

I've seen our predictions fall flat too many times to be happy with ours.
( yes, you're right I should google it myself, sigh....)

Thanks anyways!

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
More snow doesn't mean a cooling of the planet. Actually, more snow is the result of more moisture which would be caused by a warming planet. Heavier snow fall events along the cold side of a front, more rain and severe storms along the warm side. Month after month we here about record-breaking warmth, not cold.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper
Month after month we here about record-breaking warmth, not cold.

You are right about that. However, record cold events are happening, they simply aren't covered with the same fervor as the heat events. Read into that however you wish.

By the way, I appreciate your work, I've read through a number of your threads.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Where I live We had no Winter this year (EU) barely any snow. So it was warmer than usual and temperatures now are pretty normal when its sunny. But the mountains right now have more snow than usual(or something like that)

I don't believe in the ice age theory anymore to be honest. The extremes are on both ends. Hot and cold.
edit on 23-5-2016 by Eagleyedobserver because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I think your thread highlights the basis of "Climate Change" instead if the term "Global Warming". While parts of the earth are warming and drying up at in precedented rates... Other areas are either much colder than normal, with increased snow- or more wet with massive flooding. The global climate is changing, IMO due to human interferance. The earth received an an-natutal shift from us and now is trying to compensate and even itself back out.

The Earth has a history of drastic climate changes throughout it's history. It seems the more scientists look, the more evidence of this they find. This to me doesn't rule out man-made climate change. It just lets me know that earth, and life on earth, will survive in my the end regardless.

Earth will eventually heal it self, and life will still thrive. Humans are the ones who have such a hard time dealing with change. This is why we should be concerned. If in a short period of time places that were once perfect for supporting life become in inhabutable- a good portion of us will not survive.

The climate IS changing people. Its time to stop arguing over why, and whos right/wrong, and start figuring out what we are gone a do to weather the coning storm until it corrects itself back to a fully functioning system.

Just my Two-cents...

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: itswhatev

I agree, the purpose of this thread is to show balance in reporting.

I'm no researcher, so I'm not here for an argument. I only have interest in the conversation because my profession is agricultural. My area just went through nearly a decade of drought, during which time one's focus naturally takes aim on the "warming" side of the coin.

It's just like Rezlooper said, all we hear about is heat, warming, record breaking high temperatures.

There are always two sides to every story.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh

originally posted by: Rezlooper
Month after month we here about record-breaking warmth, not cold.

You are right about that. However, record cold events are happening, they simply aren't covered with the same fervor as the heat events. Read into that however you wish.

By the way, I appreciate your work, I've read through a number of your threads.

Sure there are cold records broken and there are certainly cold pockets across the globe, but they are far and few between compared to heat records and heat waves on a global scale. 2015 shattered records and this trend has been ongoing for the past few years, and even over the last couple of decades, only getting worse and speeding up.

The State of the Climate November 2015 report noted that in order for 2015 to not become the warmest year in the 136-year period of record, the December global temperature would have to be at least 0.81°C (1.46°F) below the 20th century average—or 0.24°C (0.43°F) colder than the current record low December temperature of 1916. In fact, December 2015 was the warmest month of any month in the period of record, at 1.11°C (2.00°F) higher than the monthly average, breaking the previous all-time record set just two months ago in October 2015 by 0.12°C (0.21°F).

This is the first time in the NOAA record that a monthly temperature departure from average exceeded 1°C or reached 2°F and the second widest margin by which an all-time monthly global temperature record has been broken. (February 1998 broke the previous record of March 1990 by 0.13°C / 0.23°F.) With the contribution of such record warmth at year's end and with 10 months of the year record warm for their respective months, including the last 8 (January was second warmest for January and April was third warmest), the average global temperature across land and ocean surface areas for 2015 was 0.90°C (1.62°F) above the 20th century average of 13.9°C (57.0°F), beating the previous record warmth of 2014 by 0.16°C (0.29°F). This is not only the highest calendar year temperature, but also the highest temperature for any 12-month period on record.

The global temperatures in 2015 were strongly influenced by strong El Niño conditions that developed during the year. The 2015 temperature also marks the largest margin by which an annual temperature record has been broken. Prior to this year, the largest margin occurred in 1998, when the annual temperature surpassed the record set in 1997 by 0.12°C (0.22°F).

Incidentally, 1997 and 1998 were the last years in which a similarly strong El Niño was occurring. The annual temperature anomalies for 1997 and 1998 were 0.51°C (0.92°F) and 0.63°C (1.13°F), respectively, above the 20th century average, both well below the 2015 temperature departure. This marks the fourth time in the 21st century a new record high annual temperature has been set (along with 2005, 2010, and 2014) and also marks the 39th consecutive year (since 1977) that the annual temperature has been above the 20th century average.

To date, including 2015, 15 of the 16 warmest years on record have occurred during the 21st century. 1998 is currently tied with 2009 as the sixth warmest year on record. Overall, the global annual temperature has increased at an average rate of 0.07°C (0.13°F) per decade since 1880 and at an average rate of 0.17°C (0.31°F) per decade since 1970.

Annual Global Analysis for 2015

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Well it just stopped raining and being cold well below average here in VA, and it's almost the end of May, it's been raining for a month straight here, and it's been cloudy and cold. The oddest may I've ever seen and I've lived in VA for over 20 years.

A few of the days I swear it wanted to snow...

The rain drops were big and icy sometimes.

Definitely a miserable May! The weather forecasters said there was a persistent low pressure system that had stalled and that's why it just kept raining and raining for a month. It's finally being pushed out of here by a high pressure system!

I loath low pressure systems!!

For may our average high temps were around 50 - 65, that is our average night time low!!!

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Brainiac

I have a pal that just moved to Richmond. He said the weather was great, just understand that rainy cool is awesome compared to dry warm west Texas.

If you want a weather forecast with no fluff, you should check out Suspicious0bservers on YouTube. He does a daily forecast that is accurate, even from the fringe.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Up here in Michigan it's still in the low 30s and snowing. One day it's warm, the rest of the month it's cold. This winter was very strange also. If I may digress for a second also I've noticed areas where I live in the woods that fresh water springs are beginning to literally bursting out of the ground. Strange things going on these days.
edit on 25-5-2016 by Skeets47 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join