It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Record Snow Across Northern Hemisphere and it's Almost Summer | Mini Ice Age 2015-2035

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Oh yeah, you were there at the table with us the whole time and he never said it. Oh wait I remember you, you were hiding in the bushes using your long range sound equipment to spy on people.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

No I wasn't, just don't believe for a second some one said there is no ice in the artic circle. I think someone might have said we are losing ice or something to that matter and you are just embellishing what was said.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

In terms of ice ages & the speed of earth changes, I'd say anything under 100-500 years still counts as imminent haha ITS COMING...eventually. Earth is one old lady & she is SLOW.

a reply to: Sremmos80

I think his point was the guy he was talking to was the one embellishing things.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Miccey
Northern Hemisphere is MORE than the states
American EGO at its finest...

In scandinavia there have been less and less snow in winter...
Soo?!?!?

Yes well we all share the same Sun
and that Sun which couldn't care less
about where you live, is taking a nap.
www.sciencedaily.com...
And here's my thread from a ways back about this very idea
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 21-5-2016 by UnderKingsPeak because: thread

edit on 21-5-2016 by UnderKingsPeak because: sp

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: woogleukWeird Woogle, weird? How old are you? That what you just described is typical British weather. We are renowned throughout the world for our weird weather.
If you want weird iIve stood on one side of the road dry and the other side of the road raining. Now that's weird.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80Oh but they did and I told him it wasn't true and he insisted that Google earth doesn't show any ice in the Arctic.

edit on 21-5-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Cooler where we are - windows open, and it's comfortable, in late May. That's not the usual for here. The hubby travels a lot these days, and sees a lot of cooler weather, even COLD weather, all over the place. Enough to need heat at night. Family in warmer areas, it's not so warm, either. Not cold, but not the usual blazing hot stuff they typically see. Weather Channel had a video about this, predicting cooler weather for the South this summer, compared to the norm. About the same, or a little cooler, in the middle, and maybe warmer in the far northern states. Definite changes. Weather does that, of course.

I'd be happy if it stayed like this all summer. Save a fortune on air conditioning!

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Donner Sass/ Summit in CA is having issues check their webcams

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: mikellsnow and rain is all I can see.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   

He released a video showing what is going on in China. Also very interesting.
edit on 21-5-2016 by Bobaganoosh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Von Braun warned against fake global warming when it was in fact global cooling.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

Von Braun warned against fake global warming when it was in fact global cooling.

Tell us more. Please.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

I do remember a few years ago, while the rest of the world was saying its warming, some (maybe only a couple, don't know) Russian scientists were saying the warming was going to cause a cooling effect.
Best to have some good warm clothing. Better to have it and not need it, rather than need it and not have it.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
What about the hail!!

Seems there has been epic hailstorms this spring.....or are they only now mentioned b/c weather is one thing that the snewze covers??

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
what if the weather is just weather. No warming or cooling.

El Nino plus some atypical winter jet streams over N. America. but not proof of anything.

I think any place that has a Continental Climate is going to claim bipolar weather.

Once accounting for El Nino, North atlantic oscillations, The pacific/north american pattern, and pacific oscillation pattern it will start to make sense.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh

Hey gang. Just wanted to post the latest from Adapt2030.

I think it is interesting how he points out numerous misleading headlines. It's good that there are people like him out there scouring the web for this information.

I can't tell anybody here what to believe. On the other hand, I believe things are changing rapidly.

I mean damn. I'm still sporting my NorthFace gear at work in mid May, in Texas. I knew things would be cooler than normal, but I think there is a little more afoot than a waning El Niño and approaching La Niña.

How have things been in your respective areas? How do you feel about it?
Anyhow, hope you guys like the video, if you don't just go back to huff-Po till you feel safer.

Wouldn't it be nice if winter was getting warmer and summer getting cooler?

PS- I've noticed weather change since I was about 20. I'm pretty sure it's always been doing that. No time to fret yet. I think.... Heh
edit on 22/5/2016 by Gyo01 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I know, right?!!!
Isn't it nice to have a few yrs under your belt to be able to have a weather sense?

I garden a lot & pay attention. Usually in Feb here we have a week or two of nights with -20's.
Not this year.

Usually all the greenhouses are wide open for Mother's Day and directly after we have a week of killer frosts.
Again, not this year.

I'm linking it to the El Nino thingy. So just normal weather swings.Texas did get hammered with drought, now it's Canada's western provinces turn.(sorry!!!) altho IIRC this happened last time we had an El Nino yr?

My biggest concern is Rezloopers info on methane release from the permafrost,plus, altho we have significant pack ice in the arctic it doesn't seem to be behaving normally which to me indicates a difference in ocean currents? Add to this is the warming of the Antarctic sea bed and the Atlantic current slowing down it's more than possible we're seeing precursors of a mini ice age.

More immediately we haven't had our spring "Onion Snow" this yr, so looking for a cold start to June regardless of what the Weather Channels says!

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Odd timing there. I went through a hailstorm just last night at work. Between golf ball and baseball sized. And smaller of course. The winds that came with it was enough to rip off a 12x24 foot roll up door .

Fortunately, we were able to spare all of our vehicles.

Just ten miles south of the facility, there was 4 inches of hail blanketing everything.
edit on 22-5-2016 by Bobaganoosh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Aren't hailstorms pretty normal for this time of year?

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Yes and no. They are pretty much El Niño related. It hailed here back in 97. Then we went most of the time between then and now with nothing more than pebble sized hail, and seldom enough of it to blanket the area.

Then On May 4th of last year we had the craziest hailstorm I had ever seen. Over ten inches fell in 35 minutes, and it struck all four sides of my home. The entire town flooded, lakes that had not been seen for 75 years returned.

It is becoming a regular thing, but there was nearly a twenty year gap.
edit on 22-5-2016 by Bobaganoosh because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join