It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a correlation between alien encounters and human technology?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The human race trudges on fairly unspectacularly for a better part of 2000 years with no real technological leaps. Our time seems to be occupied with conquest and invention of war machines. There are anecdotal reports of aliens for eons but no correlation can be drawn with sudden human technological development and visitations...until the 20th century. We went from flying the first heavier than air manned powered flight in 1903, to landing a man on the moon in 1969. It took 40 years to fly the first combat operational jet fighter (it was developed in the 30s) and another 10 to hit the sound barrier. After the Roswell crash, advances in fiber optics, ballistic material and propulsion skyrocketed. More UFO activity has been recorded in the last century than any other time before and our technological advances have also been pretty huge. Now, that may be because of our advancement in recording devices has improved, our imagination has gotten outrageous or maybe we are nearing the class I civilization goal and we've been noticed.

Personally I believe a secret society is still operating vimanas from ancient Indian history and that most if not all sighting are reversed engineered aircraft and these vimanas.

Your thoughts?

edit on 20-5-2016 by AVtech34 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: AVtech34

Personally I would say it is an ancient phenomena, through the ages it has been interpreted differently, the merkaba of the angels,
www.spiritofmaat.com...
Vimana's of the Hindu's.
Chariot's of the God's through out all ancient religion's that worshiped sky deity's.

The Toadstool ring's and fairy abduction's of the Celtic world especially the Gaelic speaking tribes.

The incubae of the past and the Alien abduction of today mostly associated with sleep paralysis except of course that sometime's there are unusual scars and physical marks that sleep paralysis does not explain away.

Possible ancient visitors whom may have taken a liking to ancient man but could not stay and are now not probably one of our current visitors or resident other dimensional being's or ET's.
spiritofmaat.com...
philipcoppens.com...

There was a small south east asian tribe whom lived in a jungle whom believed there ancestors were brought here from another land in the sky by sky ship's but I can not find any reference on the internet, I can not remember if it was wickers world or the journeys in the ring of fire series from the seventy's or eighty's but I do remember seeing it, they built there tribal houses in a peculiar way and claimed that they represented the sky ship's that had brought there ancestors, now if the dropa story is true then maybe there are other human being's out there, is this really our home planet or a bio-engineered colony that has been abandoned like the film outlander?.

My thought's, I truly do not know, I think there is a lot about our history we are NOT allowed to know and an accepted history is enforced upon the public through subtle techniques and rewarding those that stick to the party line especially in the west.

Does the face on Mars look like it may have been build by an ancient human race to you, are we actually related to them rather than to the Ape's.

Now I have to say I am actually a creationist but this is what nag's at my outer consciousness as it has always interested me and I find it far more plausible than the party line

And what depth's will the party go to to enforce there view over you?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
- maybe not so alien as ancient?
www.ufosightingsdaily.com...
www.ufosightingsdaily.com...

Now in the 1800's and 1900's UFO sighting's were described as airship's and go back to the incident over nuremburg in 1561 and they were described as a celestial battle.
www.ufoevidence.org...

Now why did the NAZI's perform extensive excavation's at Nuremburg and what did they unearth (note the smoke plumes in the wood carvings' show possible crash sites having occured there hundreds of years previously in 1561 and that the NAZI's made massive public stadium's for there party gatherings and parades but also as a way or performing massive by area excavation's of those sites they used).
www.naziufos.com...
www.express.co.uk...
Not saying they had flying saucers but they may have had one or two that they were able to repair if not reverse engineer if they did unearth any at Nuremburg and they WOULD have looked given the Ahnenerb's interest in occult and there belief in a lost golden age of high technology (Which in there spin on it was of course a blonde blue eye's civilization - yeah right but it was there idiology after all even if such a civilization was probably more like us and mixed with whatever races of man then existed).

So I don't know, I don't think they change with our technology but I do think our perception of them does and of course our own technology is now readily confused with them which has actually served very well for disinformation purposes.

edit on 20-5-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
We must be becoming more interesting to them..

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
All the technology mentioned has clear (and researchable) paths of progression that led to their eventual creation. This wouldn't be the case, had there been any external influence.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

The human race trudges on fairly unspectacularly for a better part of 2000 years with no real technological leaps.

You have never heard of " The Industrial Revolution " that began in the 1700's then?

And no, Aliens where not involved.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Also not the first time it started but the one that led to OUR civilization as that time the condition's were right for it to come into being and market forces drove the adoption of industrialization.
Other time's it almost happened, Heron of Alaxandria had all the parts for a steam engine, he just did not put them together in that fashion less than a thousand years later the Chinese were producting super high quality steel using water powered blast furnices and of course they had the printing press a lot longer than the west.

No if they are here they are not that interested in us, probably more worried these day's as we have nuclear arsenal's pointing at one another and irrational idiot terrorists blowing themselves up for a religious cult that preached hate and war against all that do not comply with it.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Maybe...but consider that natural selection may play a greater role. Consider what we would have today IF two world war had not killed the best and brightest minds.
A little kick in the ass from the gray's and a smart mind push the tech ahead...sometimes by leaps.
Cheers

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

is this really our home planet or a bio-engineered colony that has been abandoned like the film outlander?.

You got my mind whacked out over this comment.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767 Its just a thought I had and wanted to see if other members shared the same thought. I have a career in aviation, and have always been an aviation nerd since my grandfather first took me to an air museum. It has always fascinated me how fast we developed heavier than air craft. ANother thing that got me thinking was a conference where Ben Rich allegedly stated: "We already have the means to travel among the stars, but these technologies are locked up in black projects and it would take an Act of God to ever get them out to benefit humanity...Anything you can imagine, we already know how to do."

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
My take is that the Military started reverse engineering alien tech since Roswell,
and they have developed into a powerful group(s) of Military/Industry/Politicians.
If you watched the Stargate SG1 series you may get a glimpse of how those people operate
in the real world.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I don't believe there is a (causative) correlation between extraterrestrial encounters and technology (I imagine what you mean is the advance of technology), but rather there have been various reasons for an increase in reports related to "alien" encounters.

First of all the idea of an alien encounter is pretty much defined by language: could visits by the "gods" be considered "alien"?
I believe they can, which begs the question of course, what tech was around at the same times as those who reported seeing "angelic" visitations, who knows? We consider such reports as myth.
I think the fact that we even consider alien life as a probability (even if we still deny the possibility of its having reached our planet) has yet to have the profound cultural impact it really deserves (given the amount of extra solar planets found almost daily nowadays).

With this in mind, and to our surprise really, "otherworldly" encounters are pretty much par for the course throughout human history.

Secondly: Do technological advances result in more encounters that are of the unexplained variety? I think this is undeniably true. Military (particularly although not exclusively) advances have been proven, or at least proferred as explanations for very many ufo sightings, which is not surprising at all. One only needs to look at the reports that were around when the sr-71 and previously the U2 programs were in full flight to see that they did not go unnoticed.

Nowadays, with the advent of UAV's and more particularly personal drones, there are many more reports of "unexplained" objects, and yet far less of the wow factor ufos, than there have ever been (or is this just me being unnecessarily sceptical?).

One could argue that tech advancement has done both things, caused more reports and at the same time explained more false reports.

Like I said at the beginning, the language is where we can find the debate: We have words for them now that relate to real world technology, in the past they were simply gods (or devils).

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I like your OP; it's well-written and shows you've thought about these ideas for a while

Not so sure about the 'trudging' context. The printing press was a massive leap that rocked societies across the world. Same can be said for the invention of spinning jennies or stainless steel. The Renaissance propelled us to where we are today and even that was built on the philosophies of previous cultures like Ancient Greece or the Byzantine Empire.

There's support for your argument in the way aerospace companies responded to the reports of UFO sightings. Several tested disc-shaped designs that were inspired by the 'flying saucer' accounts in the popular press.

I'm not saying that 'alien encounters' were responsible, but the speculation provided an inspiration for some influential companies, scientists and designers.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky The Germans built the V-1, V-2 and Die Glocke supposedly based on technology given to them from malevolent alien race or from star trek, whichever. The SR-71, the fastest aircraft to date ever built was designed and built in the 50s and introduced publicly in 1966. Lots of technology was suddenly invented or "improved upon" right about that time. I'm just saying there was an unusually massive burst in flight technology in a relatively short time that coincided with several high profile UFO crashes and subsequent recoveries.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Yeah I get where you're coming from.

Until there's solid evidence to the contrary it's reasonable to give credit to human ingenuity.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

This is true but the war pooled great resources and money into the scientists hand's in the search for a superweapon to win it, I actually do not believe the malevolent alien theory (though maybe Demonic entity's would be a better term given the Nazi pre occupation with the occult) but it makes good reading however the Ahnenerb which as you may know were the Nazi's occult wing and drew there inspiration from the earlier Black Sun Society and the work's of Blavatsky etc.

Some still refer to them as a scientific organization but they were in fact an occult organisation heavily into spiritual medium-ship and alternative history's but with a far darker agenda than simply seeking out the truth, they in fact were seeking for power and lost scientific knowledge.
thirdreichocculthistory.blogspot.co.uk...
archive.archaeology.org...
www.ancient-origins.net...
www.express.co.uk...
Of course this would make them laughable except that they made astounding advances in science some of which being lost at the end of the war have not been replicated.

Now this book should answer many of your question and thought's as well as other's you may not have thought of just yet, The Hunt For Zero Point by Nick Cook, Nick Cook used to be a leading Jane's aviation journalist.
vielewelten.at...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 20-5-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

The SR-71, the fastest aircraft to date ever built was designed and built in the 50s and introduced publicly in 1966

The SR-71 was powered by " axial-flow Turbo Jet " engines.

The axial-flow Turbo Jet was invented by Bristol Aero Engines in 1950. The first ever engine built of this design was The Bristol B.E.10 Olympus ( later to become the Rolls Royce Olympus )

Are you therefore saying that Bristol Aero Engines had help from Aliens in developing this type of Jet Engine ? Surely not.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
If there were a correlation, then having a whole bunch of tech. or scientific geniuses in the same room, paragons like Tesla, Einstein, Oppenheimer, and the Wright brothers. Wouldn't that bring about an Alien Armada due to the sheer amount of brain power would collapse the space-time barrier...Or something lke that. And yet, not a single hint as to any Alien or Ufo sighting at all from them.

I've heard of Nuclear Power plants having sightings.

edit on 20-5-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AVtech34
a reply to: Kandinsky The Germans built the V-1, V-2 and Die Glocke supposedly based on technology given to them from malevolent alien race or from star trek, whichever. The SR-71, the fastest aircraft to date ever built was designed and built in the 50s and introduced publicly in 1966. Lots of technology was suddenly invented or "improved upon" right about that time. I'm just saying there was an unusually massive burst in flight technology in a relatively short time that coincided with several high profile UFO crashes and subsequent recoveries.

If you really are interested in finding out about what tech is influenced by aliens I think the best place to start is in Belgium, about 1989.

Do I believe it is alien in origin? Not really, but if there were any place I would look for out of this frickin world mad tech, that would be my touchstone.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

The human race trudges on fairly unspectacularly for a better part of 2000 years with no real technological leaps.

You have never heard of " The Industrial Revolution " that began in the 1700's then?

And no, Aliens where not involved.

This. Maybe there are aliens, maybe they have helped us here and there but that doesn't make them responsible for every decent thing and idea that's happened through out history.

Technological advances are a lot like science as a whole. You discover one thing can do this or that and then a thousand other ideas come with it.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

And the decline of the church in suppressing knowledge that contradicted the holy texts. And the destruction of Alexandria thousands of years ago also was a major setback to technological advancement.

<<   2 >>

join