It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SPACE WARS The Pentagon is spending $2 billion on mysterious space weapons

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
a reply to: CynConcepts

We could tell you but you wouldn't believe us. Ever seen the movie independence day where the mothership blows up a city in one shot. Sorta like that...but better.

Hyper kinetic bombardment beam weapons are so useful. especially the type that detonates the latent kinetic energy in objects it strikes.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

There is a couple treaties that ban nuke weapons in orbit.

LOL, you too? Treaties are just words, sometimes on paper, US breaks them morally and lawfully all the friggin time.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   

They probably have this up there and then some....
This episode shows a couple "abandoned" projects.
edit on 15-5-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: MysterX

Only on nuclear weapons.

Ah...thanks, i thought it was offensive weapons in general.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

a reply to: Shiloh7

There is a treaty that blocks nuclear warheads from being deployed in space. Conventional weapons can be launched, but not weapons of mass destruction.

The kinetic 'Rods from god' and their derivatives are weapons of mass destruction though aren't they?

The energy they deliver can be comparable to a small tactical nuke i understand?

How could they slip through the agreements if their destructive potential is essentially massive?

As far as being behind in the space based warfare stakes, are people forgetting the semi-autonomous space plane being tested for long suration missions? The X-37 seems pretty certain to be a space based weapon designed to neutralise or counter enemy space based weapon systems, as well as comms and logistics denial.
edit on 15 5 2016 by MysterX because: typo

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

a reply to: CynConcepts

Wright-Patterson is always a good place to start. They have fun research labs and have let a few things sneak by in the 90s.

Thank you to all! You were very helpful. I was fascinated by finding some PDFs on this technology R&D going back to the early to mid 90s. They definitely provided some more search terms for me to delve deeper online. I am surprised there is so much out there!

From what I realize though, 2 billion is a humongous jump from the recent past budget deferments. Obviously, this has to be full steam ahead. Exciting stuff.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Why the sudden need for Space defense now? There's a lot of talk about satellite protection in the article but i think there's a lot more to it than just that...What says ATS?

maybe they know something, below is something i saw a few weeks ago and already people are playing it up.
i know that every branch of the US military has it own space command. but it seems that they are advertising it more and more.

could be that it's just where part of the next fight here on earth take place. or do they really know something?
things that make say hmm!.

that's not me, talking it's just the only one i could find quick. i'll try to find one that's not been edited.
but the aliens defeated and join the ESD (Earth Space Defense) are what i noticed the first time i saw it.

edit on 15-5-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

ETA: here is the JOINESD.com link on the commercial. looks like their playing off on the Independence Day Resurgence movie. it is a goarmy site
Defend Tomorrow Enlist Today

should have used Star Ship Troopers, and do you want to know more

ETA: cool, if you click enlist now it's a game.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

The Russian FOBS was what initially made both sides realize they needed the treaty. Rods From God were never put into orbit. They found some issues with them when they drop tested them from relatively low altitude, from aircraft.

As for the X-37B it's not a weapon, nor can it carry much of a payload to be a weapon. They're testing various new technologies including new thrusters.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

The Outer Space Treaty prohibits weapons of mass destruction in orbit or outer space. However, the Outer Space Treaty only prohibits nuclear, biological, and chemical weapons. Since the most common form of kinetic ammunition is inert tungsten rods, in most cases, kinetic bombardment remains legal.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

If there's even the slightest Technicality that allows this I'm sure at least we have it.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Not necessarily.

What I was talking about is not some physical object.

It would be super cool to take a non direct disposition to the medium. Might even give you a condition to bragg....if your good at surfing the four waves that is. Somewhere in the void theres a certain spontaneity thats strait out a compton. Where being bare is emitting 511 problems but a rod aint one(or a potential solution to a problem maybe?), but only if you know the password and give off the right conjunction of vibes. When your cool, those sorta problems happen there but not here. If you f up and loose your cool you both got problems. Sorry I can't be any more illuminating but it seems the fog has rolled in and is about to obliterate a bunch of twins arguing because they had differeing opinions on which way to turn up or down. And their fight was over with fast anyways...happens when they try and kiss n make up. I was like "nooooo" but the marraige was explosive. Besides they werent really there in the first place. this fog likes to project its biases sometimes in places. Not sure what the God's call it when we try to steal their fire, but I know some people like to call it "oh roh!"....or "forest fire."

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

There are better systems than kinetic bombardment systems. They tend to wobble which throws accuracy off.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

What else could there be for space based weapons that are not nuclear, chemical or biological?

A giant magnifying glass
🌕

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR
That made perfect sense. Thank you.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Double post

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
a reply to: BASSPLYR
That made perfect sense. Thank you.

Oh good! im glad you figured out my riddle. I did leave a almost shamefully high amount of clues. Almost gave it away with one or more of them.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Quite a few things. A couple of which turned out to be a whole lot more effective than they hoped or planned for, resulting in more than a few "training accidents".

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

There are better systems than kinetic bombardment systems. They tend to wobble which throws accuracy off.

True dat

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Quite a few things. A couple of which turned out to be a whole lot more effective than they hoped or planned for, resulting in more than a few "training accidents".

Ahem.... like a certain airliner that dissapeared over the ocean ? lol.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

No this was state side

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
a reply to: yuppa

No this was state side

Yellowstone fire? or that massive black out?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join